New member's TOD fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

New member's TOD fedora

Post by Fedora »

I tagged in on another post, but Paul tried to post here, as a new member and had trouble. So, I will show off his new hat for him. He said the hat looked better on his daughter than himself, and I am including those pics as well. Watch your language you young guys!! :wink: Indy fans are gentlemen.

So here you are Paul. Hopefully you will be able to join in here shortly. Fedora
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

I think the hat looks great on both of them but mostly her. What exactly makes this a ToD bash? All I remember from ToD is super tapered airplane scene conehead hat and the good looking campfire scene hat. Is this the bridge scene bash?
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Wow....The hat looks great on both men and women. Now if that isn't a testment to how great of hat this is then I don't know what would be! :D
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

I originally made the hat TOD style, with a pinch only at the very top as he was worried due to his head shape, that front pinch might be pushed out by his head. Paul adjusted the crease style when he got it, and ended up with what you see there, I think. I used a different block for this hat and not the Raiders block. And Paul, you have a beautiful daughter. I wonder how my own daughters turned out so beautiful, when one considers what I look like. :lol: Regards, Fedora
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I guess the TOD hat never really jumped out at me during any particular scene like the Raiders hat did so I can't really picture the bash above in the film. I'm willing to bet though that this hat looks better than the hat in the film. :)

Looking at my own kids it's amazes me how well the whole "genetic" thing balances itself out. In my case I make sure I tell the kids to thank their mothers everyday! :)
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

That is nice fedora! :) Paul, I think your daughter could even make the infamous duct tape fedora look good! :wink:
Dutch_jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Dutch_jones »

the hat looks great , and so does the girl , :oops: 8) :lol:
though the tod bash i like is the one which shortround has on his head.
Antone
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Re: New member's TOD fedora

Post by Antone »

Fedora wrote: He said the hat looked better on his daughter than himself, and I am including those pics as well.
Wow! No offense Paul, you look great in that hat, but I have to agree with the quote above. Might I humbly suggest it's time to order a second hat for your lovely daughter?

In any case, a great looking lid; cetainly the most stylish looking ToD hat I've seen.

Welcome to COW! Please don't hesitate to post when you get the chance!

Antone
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: New member's TOD fedora

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Antone wrote:
Fedora wrote: He said the hat looked better on his daughter than himself, and I am including those pics as well.
Wow! No offense Paul, you look great in that hat, but I have to agree with the quote above. Might I humbly suggest it's time to order a second hat for your lovely daughter?

In any case, a great looking lid; cetainly the most stylish looking ToD hat I've seen.

Welcome to COW! Please don't hesitate to post when you get the chance!

Antone

You forgot to send out an invitation to his daughter to post on here as well. We could always use more posts on these subjects from the female perspective. :wink: