Just ordered a TOD Jacket!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Just ordered a TOD Jacket!

Post by indy494 »

I just ordered a dark brown lambskin TOD jacket and I can hardly contain myself \:D/ !! The only two alterations that Ive made was the Xbox stitching and I got the 80s fit (thanks to you guys!) . I guess I want to go with more of that V shape. I let them know my waist size even though they didnt ask. I will definitely post pics once I get it.. in 20 days or less :) So once getting a jacket.. will it get addicting?
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Congrats! What is the exact difference between the standard fit & the '80's fit? I thought that the '80's fit was tighter all over?

~Jace
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

Hey Jace.. Apparently from my research its geared towards a smaller waist. but then I did a search on it again.. its already standard. I already emailed Wested about the delimma and hopefully I could find some answers. I hate 2nd guessing :-P
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Let me know what they say. I'm going to order a ToD in dk Brown goatskin in the next day or 2, & I'd like to get it straight the first time around!! Thanks.

~Jace
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

I ordered a TOD authentic goat with the back panel tapered and now I'm wondering if I made a mistake (too late to change...they already cut it). I read somewhere on COW that it's good to taper the panel so as to keep it from flaring out. I suppose I will know in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks when the jacket arrives.

I don't know if this is of interest to you 80's fit guys or not, but I thought I might through it in and perhaps generate a little more discussion about the TOD for once.
-GC
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Well, my main reason(s) for ordering the ToD jacket are because I already have a Raiders jacket, and because it sometimes feels a bit short. I love the style of the jacket, so I figured I'd try to same thing, only a bit longer.

~Jace
Last edited by Tyrloch on Fri May 05, 2006 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Did you have to pay something more for those two alterations?
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Erri_Wan, that's a good question. I think Peter will do somethings free of charge, but other things add to the price of the jacket -- like the underarm gussets I'm going to add. It would be helpful for all if there was some sort of complete price schedule of what's a 'no charge option' & what is a 'additional charge option'. Peter has a few of these listed on his order page, but there's still a lot of grey area...A complete list of what is a free option, what is an extra charge option & what is a no-can-do would probably cut down on the vast amount of email queries that Wested gets every day...
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

I just got the reply back from Wested... and yes the 80s fit is just more of a bit tapered then the other jacket. I think as long as you give as much information about your body.. then you'll be ok. I went with the TOD jacket because of the extra length. As for the extra cost... I think I am being charged for the 2 alterations. I guess time will tell :D
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

Which 2 alteration are you getting charged for & how much for each? Is the 80's cut a chargable alteration? And this might be a stupid question, but is the 80's cut an option for all 3 styles of jackets, or just for the Raiders one? After all, all 3 movies were in the 80's, but I've only heard the 80's cut in relation to the Raiders jacket...

~Jace
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

I requested X-Box stitching on the side straps (assuming its better durability so they dont ripp off) and the 80s fit. From looking at my credit card/banking online.. it looks like 300$ was charged (it hasnt shown a actual statement yet ..just the amount of credit was taken away) I just went to a conversion site and they have the UK listed at 1.85 to US dollar. So that would come up to 293$ It almost seems on par as no charge (maybe one of them was extra). However I havent got a official reciept yet. I do agree about the grey area part. There is a lot of options you could do to the jacket and maybe have a discription of what the enhancement would do or help improve.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

That does sound like no extra charges were added. The conversion is never quite the same when you do it online compared to what you actually get charged. I had forgotten about the X-box stitching, since my current jacket already has it -- thanks for the reminder! As long as the 80's cut only make the jacket slimmer at the waist & not the chest/shoulders, then I think I'm going to request that as well...

~Jace
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

I believe 80's fit is slimmer all round with the yoke raised 1 inch. Indiana_Tone has one and can compare it to a regular fit. If he is not reading this thread maybe PM him and ask him if he has any pics he can direct you to.

Or do a search under his user name to see if you can find any posts.
Tyrloch
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Tyrloch »

How does raising the yoke affect the fit?

~Jace
Kaplan
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Kaplan »

My final price including tax and shipping (to US) was $305. I don't think I was charged for the alterations.
-GC
astroboy
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by astroboy »

Good luck..
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

Thanks very much indiana_tone for the info! I feel like I can sleep better about my jacket being ok now :-P.