Lucasfilm Fanclub cowhide Indiana Jones Jacket?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Lucasfilm Fanclub cowhide Indiana Jones Jacket?

Post by indy494 »

Hello people.. I know I am a newb to these parts but I wanted to share something that might be interesting. I just bought and recieved this jacket that supposedly came from this Lucasfilm fanclub magazine. The guy I bought it from had it for 16 years.. a little after "Last Crusade" was released. Below are the links to the pictures. Its in incredible condition! The only legitamacy of it is the tag up top is missing :? . So any information on this.. would be helpful :P

http://nirtrader.tripod.com/0f_1.jpg
http://nirtrader.tripod.com/86_1.jpg
http://nirtrader.tripod.com/e9_1.jpg
http://nirtrader.tripod.com/19_1.jpg
http://nirtrader.tripod.com/f4_1.jpg
http://nirtrader.tripod.com/fa_1.jpg
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

First of all: Welcome to our forum! Glad you could join us. You'll find alot of useless...er...useful information here.

Now, having never owned a Lucasfilm jacket, I can't give any information on its authenticity. However, compared to some of the other so-called promotional "movie" jackets offered in the past, yours looks MUCH better. Did you buy it on Ebay? It looks like one I saw not too long ago, and would have liked to bid on, but finances prevented that from happening.

If its a Disney jacket, you've probably got an old Cooper, which is a great jacket. I think the old Coopers had the snaps on the storm flap, but I can't remember for sure. By the looks of it, I'd say you've got a great jacket anyway. Hang on to it. At least until I can collect enough money to buy it from you. :wink:
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

Yeah Jim I just bought it on ebay not too long ago. Infact I was too lazy to produce my own pictures and just used the guy's pictures he had on there. :P Its funny because not even a week ago I was watching Indiana Jones trilogy and was thinking to myself (which I am sure probably majority of you guys have said in some point in time :wink: ) "I've got to have that jacket". That is when I saw one on ebay without really doing any research. If I would have known of a more "official jacket", I would have perfered the Wested one.
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like a match to my Lucasfilm jacket. Which oddly enough (as I've said before) is the only jacket never to leave my collection. I think the official tag coming off is a side effect of a wearing the jacket often. Mine too came off as it was a regular tag (much the same material as a shirt tag) sewn into the leather square. The square remains, but for some reason, the stitching of the tag to the leather doesn't hold over time.

So if you received what he had picutred on his listing, you've got the real thing there.

Welcome aboard.

Mike
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

Yes those are pictures of the ad jacket and yes I do have it here in my house :) . I just went to the "other jackets" section and I saw the Cooper and the disney one in comparison. The only difference I see is there isnt a metal snap-on button up top on the cooper ( I could be wrong and not see it) and it has the same loop up top like the disney one. Here is the picture of the loop below. It says its made in Korea so if anyone knows that a coopers are made in korea.. then it might be a cooper. =)

http://nirtrader.tripod.com/PCDV0031.JPG
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

Hey Mike.. I must have replied around the same time you did. So wow that is awesome that this is Fanclub jacket. Unless the jacket wasnt made in korea? thats the only uncertainty I have.
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

I thought maybe the rectangle with the missing tag on Indy494's jacket once had the Indiana Jones logo with the airplane. Does this sound right, Mike?
Mike
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

If memory serves, yep. I've long ago misplaced the loose tag.

I believe the paper tag (originally attached to the inside liner at the sleeve cuff) had the cartoon Indy on horseback.
Jorenz
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jorenz »

Indy494, that looks a lot like my Disney jacket, you can check out the pictures here, viewtopic.php?t=7699&highlight=jorenz

Marosy, I can't give this one up either, even after 2 westeds. My label came off but I keep it in the front pocket. the label is a plane flying over the ocean with Indiana Jones printed on it.

Indy494, That is a great jacket. It will take a lot of beating and more. where it in good health and have plenty of adventures.
Last edited by Jorenz on Wed May 03, 2006 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
indy494
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by indy494 »

Thanks Jorenz. I will probably get a Wested Jacket soon. The cowhide is too thick for me to wear in florida. Now I have the delimma of chosing between goat or lamb skin :P. Decisions Decisions!
Jim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jim »

If it helps, I have a goatskin A2 with a nylon lining, and a lambskin Wested with a cotton body and satin sleeves. The A2 I have worn in heat up to 75 degrees and was very uncomfortable. The nylon lining felt like a plastic sack. My Wested I have worn in 80 degree heat and was relatively comfortable, although everyone else thought I was crazy. I live in central Texas, where we have about 3 days of winter a year, and the rest of the year its just hot. So I try to push the envelope with my jacket, otherwise I won't get to wear it that much.

I think Ragingblues has a goatskin Wested, and he lives in Florida. Maybe he can give you some feedback.
Indy30
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Nice jacket!

Post by Indy30 »

It was mine. I was going to keep it in my collection, but I thought that it could still be used by someone. The missing tag was white cloth with red letters and read "Indiana Jones" with the plane flying over water. I removed it because I marked over the tag with my initials a while ago ( I wasn't thinking about it someday being a collectable).
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the jacket and feel free to ask me any questions.
Mike (Indy30) :D