J/J Camptown's sound off!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

J/J Camptown's sound off!

Post by Heyjude7 »

Hey Gents,
I would like to see some owners and some pics of Jersey Jones' Camptown's 1930 Indy fed. Any Stories and experiences with it? The more info the better? how is the ribbon?
thanks gents 8)
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I love my Camptown, and mine is production number 2, as I recall. It's worn well (could probably use a reblock now :-k ), and the ventilated sweatband is to DIE for in hot weather!.

In my opinion, it falls directly between the Akubra Fed Deluxe and the AB in terms of quality material, craftsman, and 'bang for your buck'.

I'm wearing mine in my avatar.

Regards!

Michaelson
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I haven't seen many pics of them but they look like they would make a very nice LC hat. 8)
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Cairo

Post by Heyjude7 »

I was gonna try and do the cairo bash to it.. is it possible with the camptown, Michaelson? :lol: did it taper fast or slower then the Akubra?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Actually, I've had no taper issues at all, since it's a beaver/rabbit blend.

Regards! Michaelson
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

how

Post by Heyjude7 »

HOw is the block in comparison to Indy's lid? :shock: 8)
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Considering I'm not a follower of the Indy Raiders block flag, you'll need to touch bases with JJ for that information. From all reports I've seen, the crown works up fine to that shape.

I keep mine in a 'Raiders of the Temple Quest' block.

Regards! Michaelson
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Well, not of ME there aren't, but I know of several who have purchased them who hang out at the FL forum, and they love theirs.

If you click on JJ's link at the bottom of his signature, I believe he has a few good photos of the hat in a Raiders bash.

Where's JJ to answer this stuff when you need him. :roll: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

where r u

Post by Heyjude7 »

Where R u jersey Jones!!!!!!!!?????
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

where

Post by Heyjude7 »

Where on JJ's profile stuf is the pics? on his website?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

The one good photo is on his website.

Regards! Michaelson
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

sorry to be a pest

Post by Heyjude7 »

Sorry to be a pest but my server only lets me see the main pic on his site..thats the onlyone..could you post a few up por favor? :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

I know Jersey HAS more photos, but he'll have to supply them to you.

By the way, did you ever drop him a line like I suggested last week? I know he would FLOOD you with stuff if you'd just ask him directly. :wink:

Also, if you'd just go to the vendors section, scoll ALL the way down to the bottom of the list and look under 'Camptown hat information.....', you'll find not only a complete list of how the hats are made, but LOTS of photos of the hats in production.

Regards! Michaelson
JerseyJones
Vendor

Re: sorry to be a pest

Post by JerseyJones »

Heyjude7 wrote:Sorry to be a pest but my server only lets me see the main pic on his site..thats the onlyone..could you post a few up por favor? :lol:

Hey Folks !

TO answer a few questions on my lid:

1. Thanks for your interest !!!

2. The block is called a regular block. The shoulder of the crown is more rounded than squared like an AB which is a different block.

3. As to whether it can be blocked Raider's style there are a few options. First IMHO, it can be styled very close to a Raiders. My Lucky #13 is sort of Raiderized (pix tonight). You could also ask Fedora for a quote on a reblocking. On the brim, it starts out non-dimensional, but I can trim it to be dimensional, which I do s l o w l y by hand.

4. Pix, site et.al. I just went to our good buddy Namebrand today and my site will go into full redesign ASAP ! Thanks in advance to John.

PM me with ANY questions and thank you !

Ken
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Michaelson, I know your a big fan of the ventilated sweatband. Is it noticeably cool than the AB, even with the liner still in?
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

J_Weaver wrote:Michaelson, I know your a big fan of the ventilated sweatband. Is it noticeably cool than the AB, even with the liner still in?
As the maker and a wearer, heck yes. But Michealson, please weigh in

JJ
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Well, thats good enough for me JJ! :D

I've been playing with the idea of a summer outdoor hat for sometime now. Your hat sounds like it would fit the job nicely!

I'll place on order just as soon as my rich uncle gets out of the poor house. :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

JerseyJones wrote:
J_Weaver wrote:Michaelson, I know your a big fan of the ventilated sweatband. Is it noticeably cool than the AB, even with the liner still in?
As the maker and a wearer, heck yes. But Michealson, please weigh in

JJ
YES!!!! Like I've said over and over again...that vented sweat is absolutely a God send in hot weather.

It's now about equal to the AB with removed liner, though more air moves around the inside of the crown with the vented sweat in the Camptown. Now, if push came to shove, I'd have to say the removal OF the Camptown liner might just MAKE it cooler yet, as the plastic cap is also in the Fieldmaster. Humm... :-k I might have to take that one out, and leave the liner in the new gray that's coming out soon....a summer and winter Camptown....just like my two season AB's. :D

High regards! Michaelson
jml90
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by jml90 »

Do they still make the Camptown? Where could one buy it?
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

jml90 wrote:Do they still make the Camptown? Where could one buy it?
They still do (meaning I still do !) and surely you can buy one my friend. What is your size ?

PM me for details !

Thanks
Ken / JJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Wow. 'Hooked on phonics' worked for you too, huh? :-s :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Indiana_Tone wrote:Hey comawn! It's a grate program fore lerning! The good knooze is that the dikshinary just changes the correct verzhin to akommidate me nowidays. :lol:
Ummm....is your hat too tight Tone ?

My site is under redesign and I will link to some new pix of me and my dad in our Camptowns shortly.

Thanks
JJ
gdkenoyer
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Re: J/J Camptown's sound off!

Post by gdkenoyer »

Heyjude7 wrote:Hey Gents,
I would like to see some owners and some pics of Jersey Jones' Camptown's 1930 Indy fed.
Here's one Camptown review with pics.. and here's yet another from the same author (DanielJones) but diferent pictures...and finally here's the larger version of Michaelson's avatar with story!.
JerseyJones
Vendor

Re: J/J Camptown's sound off!

Post by JerseyJones »

gdkenoyer wrote:
Heyjude7 wrote:Hey Gents,
I would like to see some owners and some pics of Jersey Jones' Camptown's 1930 Indy fed.
Here's one Camptown review with pics.. and here's yet another from the same author (DanielJones) but diferent pictures...and finally here's the larger version of Michaelson's avatar with story!.
Thanks for the nice consolidation of Camptown goodness. I may just do a final grey list posting and a new brown list posting to get the orders a rolling.

Thanks to all,

Ken
Heyjude7
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Thanks

Post by Heyjude7 »

Pics a great gents! more more!!!!! cant wait to get home.. i'll be visitin' you Jersey Jones!
~jude 8)
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

Well Jude,

View this thread for oodles of Camptown images.
viewtopic.php?t=14021&highlight=camptown

Cheers!

Dan
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

DanielJones wrote:Well Jude,

View this thread for oodles of Camptown images.
viewtopic.php?t=14021&highlight=camptown

Cheers!

Dan
Thanks for renewing the love for the Camptown Daniel !

As to new orders, I can generate Browns right now and Grays are forthcoming. Check the update on the Vendor Announcement forum.

PM me with your details and I will get a batch together !

Talk soon and much thanks !

Ken / JJ
DanielJones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by DanielJones »

No problem Ken, a well made hat deserves it's props. I've worn mine enough that it has moulded itself perfectly to my knoggin. It has become a natural part of the body. I'll contact you soon about the grey. Have a good one.

Cheers!

Dan