Indy IV firearms

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

pigirondan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Indy IV firearms

Post by pigirondan »

The period for the next film may be post WWII. Any thoughts on possibilities?
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

there was already a thread on this somewhere, check around.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

indy

Post by BendingOak »

viewtopic.php?t=16335&highlight=firearms

I founf this tread for you CAP.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

indy

Post by BendingOak »

Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: Indy IV firearms

Post by Renderking Fisk »

pigirondan wrote: Any thoughts on possibilities?
Since Kerry Conrad is helping Spielberg, Lucas and Ford with the polishing of the script, and it’s been announced that Jude Law will be Co-Staring in Indy4 on IMDb… and since it’s common knowedge that this is the first “Sky Captain/Indiana Jones cross over, it should be safe to assume that Jones will have an updated version of the Ray Gun proto-type made by Dex.

I’m just concerned that the rumors are true that they are going with the “Raiders Of The Valley Of Cydonia” (was “Indiana Jones And The Pyramids on Mars…”) script and that David Bowie will be reprising his roll as “Ziggy Stardust” as the leader of the Spider-Martians.

Unless they explain that Bowie’s character is actually the grand-father/mother of the “Stardust” character we all have grown to love… I think Bowie is now too old for the roll.

Sorry about the off-topic… but I stand by what I wrote before, it will be an updated 50’s style ray-gun. That you can be sure of!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

.....made by Mattel, of course. Got to be period correct, if anything! :? :lol: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Hey, I'm all about the ray gun! In fact, I bet it'll be an Atomic Pistol! (Man, I wish Daisy would reissue those things!)
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

I'm not sure which Nazi Gun it was that Indy used to shoot through 3 guys at once in the Last Crusade. But I would have gotten my hands on one of those REAL QUICK LIKE.
Cheers,
John
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

G-MANN wrote:I'm not sure which Nazi Gun it was that Indy used to shoot through 3 guys at once in the Last Crusade. But I would have gotten my hands on one of those REAL QUICK LIKE.
Cheers,
John
It was a Walther P38. However, it must have been that special model chambered for .44 mag or .500 S&W. :roll: :wink:
LeatherneckJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by LeatherneckJones »

Ya know, in my line of work, I've seen some 9mm rounds penetrate some crazy surfaces... ya never know!
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

LeatherneckJones wrote:Ya know, in my line of work, I've seen some 9mm rounds penetrate some crazy surfaces... ya never know!
As the Mythbusters say, its possible but not probable. :wink:
Indy45
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Indy IV Firearms

Post by Indy45 »

pigirondan,

EXCELLENT question!

Yes there were related threads, but those really were on general updates on ALL gear.

I think the firearms will depend largely on plot. If we see Nazis, you'll see Mauser bolts, MP-40 subs, P-38s, Lugers for the evil Nazi brass...

Even though the film is rumored to be set in the early 1950s, and you could see AK-47s in that era, my guess is Spielberg will stay with the more 'romantic' 1940s arms like 1911s, S&W or Colt revolvers. AKs denote "terrorist" to moviegoers these days...

I'd LOVE to see M1 Garands or M1 Carbines. These would be immediately recognized by American audiences with the success of Band of Brothers (which Spielberg produced and won awards for). Thompsons with stick mags and BARs would be a little too hi-powered (and would have less audience recognition) for Indy's use.

My bottom line, I hope Indy is armed with something that I ALREADY HAVE IN INVENTORY... :) :)

Regards,
Indy45

PS: Shame on you long timers for pitching old threads before providing thoughful new answers :wink:

PPS: I'm thinking of doing a post on the US CMP program. A ROOM full of vintage, combat veteran Garands and Springfield 03s for fair prices looking for good homes...
pigirondan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by pigirondan »

My personal feeling is that by this time (Post WWII) Indy has probably tired of violence. Rather than having his own firearm, he'll use what's handy and be familiar with both Allied and Axis weapons.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

No chance he just stopped upgrading by that point, and just has a trusty old piece of iron in a chest somewhere? I kind of picture him NOT being in gear in the beginning of IV, but bringing it back out of an old box...including a gun & belt. So I'm thinking that it might be an older piece.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

After WW II, my grandfather swore by his Browning 1911 .45, as did my stepdad in Korea. :wink:

This would be a cool, powerful, trustworthy and appropriate firearm for Dr. Jones.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

indy

Post by BendingOak »

[/quote]No chance he just stopped upgrading by that point, and just has a trusty old piece of iron in a chest somewhere? I kind of picture him NOT being in gear in the beginning of IV, but bringing it back out of an old box...including a gun & belt. So I'm thinking that it might be an older piece.

I agree with you jerry, I can't imagine Indy changing anything about his gear.
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by 191145 »

My heart says a 1911 of some kind, probably a M1911A1, but my head says they'll stay with tradition and use the revolver. Don't forget, it's Hollywood, and Indy can't be about killing more bad guys more efficiently. He will be shown as a'violence as the last resort' type, which fits the old revolver better than an 'evil' semi-auto.
indiana mak
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Thre must be a place for Lugar P.08 and Walter P.38!!!

Post by indiana mak »

Although the new Indy movie will take place in the 50s but I guess they might still using Walter P.38 and Lugar P.08..if you remember what Solo and Illya are holding in Man From UNCLE!!
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

FIREARMS!!

Bah, by now Indy doesn't need a gun. In the new film he just points to things and they blow up......he's just that cool! 8)