Wested Notification?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Wested Notification?

Post by Ark Hunter »

It's been about a week sence I placed my Wested order and I haven't had any notification that they have received it or anything. Should I contact them or is that normal?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I'd rattle their chain. Peter is out of the shop on vacation, so it may require a little reminder.

Regards! Michaelson
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Just wondering, does he do any hands on work any more or is he kind of just owner opperator?
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

I think he oversees things for the most part. I got an e-mail from him one time saying he'll personally handle my jacket (whatever that means).

And a week is too long without any notifications. I usually receive it within 24 hours, or a few days if they're busy.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Maybe they are waiting on him to get back. My order was pretty detailed. I tried the Agent5 recipe for a Raiders jacket. :D
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

IndyDoc, please let us know what wested says in regards to the Raiders details, primarily if they do the shallower pleats, and the smaller size pockets. Thanks a bunch!
-Chris
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Ragingblues wrote:
IndyDoc wrote:Maybe they are waiting on him to get back. My order was pretty detailed. I tried the Agent5 recipe for a Raiders jacket. :D
Maybe they saw that "loooooong" list of modifications and decided to wait for Peter to ok it all. :)

I hope you hear something soon.

Ken
You burned out Gemma's calculator working out all the extras. ;)
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

:lol:

I had sent the specs to Gemma to get them okayed (and priced) previous to ordering. It came out to be 185 pounds I think with all (or nearly all) Agent5's specs. They said they could do all of them for the above price. So shallower pleats shouldn't be a problem Dr. Jones Jr. I don't know which alterations cost me extra though (or if they just priced the whole request) so they might charge you extra.

Oh, I forgot to say that I did email them and they said they had emailed me on the 9th, but apparently I didn't get it. :? Oh well. I know they got it and are working on it now. :D
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

Oh thanks for that, that was the primary thing i was going to change about my next jacket now that i sold my old one.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Some of the newer ones are about 2" deep aren't they?
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

Do we have to do some arm twisting to get the shallower pleats, i just dont like them being so deep because the stick out a lot. Just my personal preference. As for the pockets, the large pockets are kinda big on my small frame.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Yeah, so they are over 1" anyway. That's all I was saying is they aren't being made as 1" now days unless you ask.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Ok, thanks. Seems 2" is standard now days. Were you meaning that you had to really pester Peter to get 1" pleats standard or did I missunderstand _? You certainly wouldn't want them less than 1".
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

I am shooting for the 1 inch pleats, i just see the pics from raiders and think they look better than the deep pleats. imo
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

According to Agent5's "Ultamate Screen Accurate Raiders Jacket specs" ithey should be 1.25" deep. :wink:
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Yeah, I used to have a DB Lamb with shallow pleats at one time. They didn't bother me at the time, so I doubt it will now. I understand Peter is working to make a better real world jacket, but then they shouldn't say it uses the orignial specs either. Maybe an option of screen accurate original or real world would be good and if you want a mix it would be the custom route. (I'm going for the screen accurate if you didn't notice. ;))

I've read many posts about missing requested details, so I hope they double check it before it's sent also. [-o<

I'll certainly post photos, though I might wait till I know I'm happy with it. As for more of my "action shots" I'll have to hop the fence next time. :lol:
Actually, I want to do a running accross the field from (invisble) Hovetos some time. :lol: I wish I had a nice stone wall to pose by or some woods to run around in. :D Or a big cliff! Oh yes, and maybe the weather will be nicer once it shows up. It snowed the other day. It had been getting all Spring like and then it snows again. :?
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

The Wested pleats used to be a little over 1" standard, but people complained the pleats eventually stayed open. They then went on the widen the pleats and it made a bunch of people happy. To make the jacket more functional.
You can plainly see the pleats on the Raiders jacket are less than 2" but the stunt jackets seemed to be slightly enlarged to accomodate for the extra padding needed for the stunts, hence, the 2" pleats. Makes total sense to me. If I'm not mistaken, Wested used to have the pleats at 3" at one time.

Again, if you go for the shallower pleats, they may open up and stay opened up. I don' t think this bothers me as they opened up in the film too. My current jacket does that and everyone else I've mentioned it to seems to think it looks fine.

My recipe for the jacket is based on what we see on screen which is most likely not as comfortable as the jacket Wested now makes. I'm going for complete screen accuracy as much as possible, not comfort or even durability, although I'm sure it would be plenty durable enough.