size 9,10, and 11 jcrew boots right now!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

ryan_289
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

size 9,10, and 11 jcrew boots right now!

Post by ryan_289 »

Just letting everybody know
duc
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by duc »

SIze 11 is not available as of 1530 Eastern.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

I don't see them on the site, can someone post a link??
'Blues
duc
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by duc »

Look in the "sale" section at the top of their home page.
duc
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by duc »

Right after posting my last reply I tried to find them...no avail. The site has changed since I last checked it an hour ago.
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

What model boot is it?
ryan_289
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by ryan_289 »

How long does it take to break them in? Mine really need to break in around the inside of each heel and around the sides of the feet. Most of my shoes are either pull on boots or soft leather justin chukkas.
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

ryan_289 wrote:How long does it take to break them in? Mine really need to break in around the inside of each heel and around the sides of the feet. Most of my shoes are either pull on boots or soft leather justin chukkas.
About two days to loosen them up so they don't feel stiff. After a couple of months of regular wear they'll be soft as slippers, or at least that's been my experience.

Make sure you kick the heels in good and lace them up pretty snug; especially when new. That way they won't cause the hot spots on the heels that I think you're talking about. Time in the boots is the best way to break them in.

Cheers,
Indybill
Kodiak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kodiak »

7 1/2, 8, 8 1/2, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/2, 11, 11 1/2, 12, and 13 are supposedly available now, but I haven't tried to buy yet, so I don't know for sure... I'm thinking about going for them if I can swing it with those in Power (Parent's w/credit cards).

I've posted this elsewhere, but how is the leather on these bad boys? How durable are they? And do the brown laces you have on yours come along, Ken?
Indy_Max
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Nice

Post by Indy_Max »

Thanks for the head's up! As a side-note, reference my for-sale post For those of you who might be looking for 11.5's!
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

What's the "M" by the numbers mean....Male? I wear a size 13. I'm debating on ordering some of these. I don't really have $50 dollars but Blues says there comfortable and considering for what they were selling for $50 is a really good deal.

Does anyone know if these are waterproof? That's one of the reasons I bought my current "Indy Boots" is because they are all weather and I figured that was a good thing for traveling. :)
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

How do the boots fit? I'm normally a 12 1/2 (please don't call me bigfoot :lol: ) so should I round up to a 13 when ordering or down to a size 12? :junior: -IJ
Kodiak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kodiak »

For example, the "7H" on the site stands for 7 1/2, right?

Ken- are your laces just regular, run-of-the-mill flat brown laces? I'm very seriously considering a pair of these, but I'm not for sure. Are they really rugged enough to stand up to getting the @#$% beat out of them?
Indy_Max
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Yup

Post by Indy_Max »

Exactly. The "H" means half size up. The "M" I think actually means "Medium" or "D" shoe width size. So a 7H-M would be a 7-1/2, D. As for laces, I'll probably replace mine with some nice flat hiking boot laces. They seem to be made of a stronger mesh than your average shoelace. Plus, I can't stand the "tube" kind of laces because they never stay tied for me!
Indiana Greg
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indiana Greg »

just a heads up... sizes 9 & 10 & 12seem to be available this am, at the link above... good luck
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

I just scored another pair of size 10's! :mrgreen:
9's, 10's and 12's still available...good luck. :tup:

Cheers,
Indybill
Jordan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jordan »

indybill wrote:I just scored another pair of size 10's! :mrgreen:
9's, 10's and 12's still available...good luck. :tup:

Cheers,
Indybill
Looks like they're sold out online again...Either JCrew only gets a few pair in at a time or everyone attacks the site at the first sign of new stock! :lol:

I just picked up a brand new pair on eBay for 22 bucks...Most of the popular sizes seem to be there most of the time, so people who can't get 'em direct might want to check eBay...
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

I've had the best luck early in the morning on the Jcrew site; the 6-7am PST range.

Regards,
Indybill
greatgarlando
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by greatgarlando »

Looks like they have some in stock online again.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

What amazes me about these boots is that as soon as someone posts this, they seem to immediately disappear! These sure are popular boots!! :shock:

Regards! Michaelson
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I'm going to have to wait. I pretty much kind of cleaned myself out after buying the new video card and the Akubra Deluxe.

Do they offer this particular model of shoe all the time?
Kodiak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kodiak »

)
Pitfall Harry wrote:Do they offer this particular model of shoe all the time?
Ha ha ha! You very funny Harry! (poor quotation of ShortRound)

No they don't offer them all the time. If they are $50 right now, dig into the savings account amigo... they'll be gone before you can get your credit card number typed in...
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

That's odd. Their showing in stock right now and any other time I've checked the site. :?

I check some of these sites periodically and they've been at $50 for quite some time and always have my size.

I was just wondering if they were eventually going to drop the model but if their selling like you say then I doubt they'll be gone anytime soon.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Well, IF I did have $50 to spend then it would have to be a toss up between ordering these or buying the Airsoft Gun like the one you own, Blues.

I do wonder though if these shoes are lighter than the boots I own now. The boots I have are more or less work boots that are all weather. It looks to me like they might be and may also be a little bit more comfortable. I ended up buying some inerts for mine because the inside wasn't the greatest although they've broken in now and are quite comfortable.

On the other hand I need some kind of "gun" to complete my gear. I want a real one but that is way off so a good looking stand in like the Airsoft would work for me.

Ah, and then I'm trying to put together my own 1:6 scale Indy figure. You should check out my thread in Lao Che's Table under my Beyond the Gear thread because I found a pair of mini Aldens for the figure and their real leather!