Just came back from The Hattery!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Hawkangel
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Just came back from The Hattery!

Post by Hawkangel »

I settled on the regular Federation in the end.
The staff are very friendly and helpful there, they even sit you down and show you how to bash the hat. Looking around the store, I was surprised to see Henry Jones Sr hat there and even a Sherlock Holmes hat!
My wife and daughter then had lunch at the Hattery Cafe next door. Their potato pancakes were delicious.
Katoomba is the sort of place you can walk around comfortably and wear your hat because everyone in the area wears these types of hats!
then went for a walk around the Three Sisters lookout and took a couple of photos.
A great day! Pictures to follow...
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Sounds like you had a great time, Hawkangel! Good customer service goes a long way, doesn't it? Looking forward to the pics! :wink:

bink
Kaleponi Craig
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kaleponi Craig »

Sounds like you had a great time...KC
AGRo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by AGRo »

Sounds like a fun day out Hawkangel. I'm going to head back up there tomorrow as I want to enlist Ron's help with fixing up my bash (I've done it cockeyed and it's annoying me). It's a great cafe too, I had the BLT for breakfast yum! I ended up with the Fed Deluxe only because I liked the darker brown as it will go with more of my clothes. Both were great hats I thought and well worth the money. Do you travel far to get to Katoomba? I head up from Penrith (50 mins drive).
Hawkangel
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Hawkangel »

Do you travel far to get to Katoomba? I head up from Penrith (50 mins drive).

Heh! You're not that far away, really! We live at Kellyville, so add an extra half hour to the trip. I did grow up at Penrith, though and know the area well. :)
Hawkangel
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Hawkangel »

As promised, here are some photos -
It isn't bashed correctly as I just got the hat and in the first photo - I realised that the front of the brim was sticking up :

http://photobucket.com/albums/a40/hawka ... ndy001.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/a40/hawka ... ndy002.jpg
Merrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Merrick »

Nice. The Federation is the only Indy hat I've owned, you'll be pleased how hardy it is.

On a side note, Katoomba is a beautiful town, very hilly. I'm glad you got a good view of the Three Sisters. When I was last there it was so foggy you could barely see the guard rail, let along the rocks themselves. :P
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Hey, hi fellas (more Aussies! [I haven't been online enough... :oops: ])- I was up in Katoomba two weeks ago... dropped into the Hattery for a browse. They're really good people in there. :tup:

Did you go to Leura as well? That place is so cruisy... cafes and all that stuff. Love it. So good to get out of Sydney!
AGRo
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by AGRo »

G'day Neolithic,

Yeah I can't stand Sydney and love heading up the mountains for some peace. Even Penrith is getting too crowded for me now and I've lived there all my life. Too many petrol heads where I live with nothing better to do than rev their noisy motorbikes all day and tear up the nearby park.

Ron and Jenny at The Hattery are great, very helpful and so many lovely hats and Drizabone jackets. I quite enjoy their cafe next door.

Leura is nice, do try the French restaurant on the corner as you head into the main street I think it's called "Gobblet". I'm heading up to Woodford tonight to play of all things.....Dungeons & Dragons aaahhhh! hehehe.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Thanks for the tip, AGRo. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Yeah- we went to Jenolan Caves for the weekend which was beautiful- great Indyish location too.

I was seriously tempted by the Panamas at the Hattery...
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Hey Hawkangel

What decided your choice of the standard Federation? Did you get the chance to try a fed Deluxe too?

The hat looks very good, so does the scenery. :)

Regards

Al
Merrick
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Merrick »

Nice too see you around again Neo :)