Replica Guns

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Indy45
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Replica Guns

Post by Indy45 »

I did some Internet searching and found a couple Japanese company websites selling WWII, Vietnam, and Modern firearm models.

Neat stuff, very realistic blank or pellet firing, some are battery operated full auto.

Bad part is most of the detailed models ARE ALMOST AS EXPENSIVE AS THE REAL THING.

Here's an MP40 that I thought was particularly cool (Nazis, I hate those guys...), cost was listed as $435 plus shipping:

The sites are:
WWII http://www.wwiiguns.com

Vietnam http://vietnamwar-guns.com/index.htm

Modern http://www.japanairsoftguns.com/store/index.php

They say they have a P35, but I couldn't find it; the sites are not easy to navigate, and the search feature doesn't work well. I did find a pellet type P38 and a 1911A1 listed for less $$, about $20-$25 plus shipping.

Buyer beware, I've never purchased anything from these guys...

Regards,
Indy45
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I love mine! :tup:
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

This one looks interesting; http://www.wwiiguns.com/store/product_details.php?p=213

Too bad it is almost impossible to get a license for even a cap firing gun in Denmark :(

/Jakob
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

You need licenses for TOYS in Denmark? Wow... and I thought we had harsh gun legislation in Sweden... :shock:
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

As long as the weapon fires anything more powerfull than what you can buy in a normal danish toy-store, you will have to get a permission for it.

Since 1999 cap guns for movie and stage use has been considered real[/l] weapons according to the danish weapons legislation.

The danish weapons legislation is nuts - I had to get a special permission from the police in order to be allowed to import my khyber bowie from another contry - it's a big knife meant for display, but according to the danish weapons legislation it is a dangerous weapon and the acces, for normal people, to such bestial weapons has to be regulated in the harshest manner - it really ticks me off sometimes ](*,)

In Denmark wanting to own a weapon is almost considered criminal in itself - at the very least you are treated with the highest grade of suspicion if you wish to optain permission to purchase and own any kind of weapon - including weapons that most other countries are considering to be toys.

/Jakob
Capt_Zak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

WWII GUNS

Post by Capt_Zak »

DO NOT BUY FROM WWII GUNS!

They are a scam operation. I know a number of airsoft guys that were burned by this company. They take your money and never deliver your goods. Again, I know this first hand so stay clear of them.

I would also be weary of any company in Japan. They usually do not follow the US import laws (painting the orange tip on a model or airsoft gun). I lost 2 pistols to US Customs from Japanairsoftguns.com. Go to www.dentrinity.com, www.wgcshop.com, or www.redwolfairsoft.com. These companies are very reputable with stellar customer service records. Just wanted to share my airsoft knowledge. :D
JEEP
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by JEEP »

Thanks for the warning!

I hate "shops" that rip people off!

I was actually considering going through the trouble og obtaining a permission for a cap shooting revolver in order to buy a S&W from that shop.

You may have saved me a lot of trouble (and money) - thanks again.

/Jakob
Indy45
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

US Customs?

Post by Indy45 »

Capt Zak,

Thanks for the "scam vendor" warning, I did not know.

I'm not familiar with the U.S.Customs inspection; how do they pick packages to open? Just those with sensitive contents stated, like firearm replicas?

I've received a number of packages from overseas, and none were opened to my knowledge, but they were declared as clothing or jewelry...

Thanks,
Indy45
Capt_Zak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

US Customs.

Post by Capt_Zak »

Every single airsoft gun I have ever ordered has been opened by US Customs. When they see "replica gun", or "airsoft gun" I'm sure the red flags go up. The Japan companies are great for putting $5.00 as the declared value. That's another red flag. A $5.00 box labeled "toy guns" that weighs 20 pounds. LOL I think not. :wink:

My worst experience was when I had 4 replica WWII pineapple grenades enter customs on 9-11-04. They were detained for a month before I received them. They were opened, taken apart, and had 6 different stamps on the box for the various inspections. Yet for some reason, every scum bag criminal can get his hands on real explosives and handguns. But again, don't get me started...I'll be banned. :D
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Re: WWII GUNS

Post by Rusty Jones »

Capt_Zak wrote:DO NOT BUY FROM WWII GUNS!

They are a scam operation. I know a number of airsoft guys that were burned by this company. They take your money and never deliver your goods. Again, I know this first hand so stay clear of them.

I would also be weary of any company in Japan. They usually do not follow the US import laws (painting the orange tip on a model or airsoft gun). I lost 2 pistols to US Customs from Japanairsoftguns.com. Go to www.dentrinity.com, www.wgcshop.com, or www.redwolfairsoft.com. These companies are very reputable with stellar customer service records. Just wanted to share my airsoft knowledge. :D
Warnings are always very appreciated; however, I've heard that out write declaring an establishment as a "Scam Operation" can get the Message board into a lot of legal trouble... I wouldn’t have though it until I heard about instances in the past where mods had to deal with legal issues... If I had not read the particular thread (I'm afriad I can't remember where it was now) then I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, but you may want to reconsider your statements lest a mod intervene... or if a mod sees this let us know if this is cool or if it's the kind of thing that needs rephrasing... just a friendly caveat... :c)

again thanks for the heads up though...