close enough boot ?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

Once they go on their "Final Sale" page they'll come and go a few times until all stock is exhausted. Not to worry though, even if you miss out on this run, the Ruggeds will be back later in the year. They usually start off around $165 for their regular price. Then you'll see them for about half of that on their first sale, then half again for their final sale.

Regards,
Indybill
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Brucewayne wrote:For the Ruggeds, if they're sold out, does that mean they're gone for days, weeks, months, or for good? Anyone have any experience with how often they re-stock?
It has been my experience that the sales section changes many times duing the day: they are up and down, gone for weeks, back, gone again, they have your size, they don't...
All you can do is to keep your eye on them.
I just got mine and I like them very much. They are made in Italy, which is very nice. The leather has that waxy aged look to it, but it is soft and supple, though seems tough. The bottoms are very rugged. I found them a bit roomy in their internal height. I put in an insert and now they fit perfectly. I like these quite a bit. :wink:
TFrosst
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by TFrosst »

Well, I had a good morning. Went online to check if the boots were in stock and got a pair of 10 1/2's. Really happy and what a great price too. Thanks for letting me know about these boots guys.
shadwell55
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

huskers coming on the 9th

Post by shadwell55 »

my huskers will be delivered on the 9th. I ordered 11s as the sizing chart dictated that size, but am getting nervous. Wonder if I am really 10.5. Really depends ont he shoe for me this is ridiculous

Adidas sneaker: 11.5
timberland dress shoe/boot: 10 or 10.5
columbia hiking shoe: 10.5
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

hmm i had the same issue lately with shoes. I had been getting 11s because i thought my foot would grow more. My 2 pair of nike dunks are in 11s and fit nice but as far as boots go, ive been getting 10.5 and they fit alot better. I got the 10.5 huskers and its fine for me. You might be ok, but if not just send them back, its free shipping, and at least youll get to see the boots. Youll def be happy with the boot itself even if its not a good size.
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

Rugged 11 1/2's on jcrew right now. Go get 'em! :wink:

Cheers,
Indybill
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

wow your still watching those boots dammm. Im very happy with my huskers, they scuff up nicely and have worn in very comfortable in only a few weeks of wear.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Now that they are only $44 I aggree they are a good look alike. When I first heard about them the were over $100 so I dismissed them. Though still much cheaper, at $100+, than the real thing I prefered the $30-$50 range that you could/can get. Now they are in that range... :tup:
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

indiane Tone- Indiana Williams told me about teh huskers on the first page of this post. When i first saw he picture I had to buy a pair, and for 44 bucks they are really great boots, I wear them all the time now, acutally im wearing them right now. Honestly the only thing on the ruggeds i feel looks like aldens is the flatter toe with the white stitching job, but everything else doesnt look accurate to me. The huskers have the same height to the cut, same boot shape, flat soles(some small tred, they work nice), toe stitching, and great brown coloring. The steel toe does make them slightly more round than the aldens flatter top, but honestly you really dont even pay attention to that detail, because they jsut look so freaking great with my chinos on. I feel these boots are much more practical than the aldens, the quality is amazing for 44 bucks. And if you want them too, they scuff up nicely if you dont baby them with Pecards. I did 2 treatments, the first time i got them, and then after they scuffed a bit i wanted to see if the pecards would actually fix it, and it did. From now on though im jsut wearing them in. Tone, i really love how yours beat in perfectly, they look fantastic. I think everyone who wants an accurate indy non alden needs to wise up and realize how great these boots are, and the shipping is free, and if you dont like them its free to ship back and u get a refund. What is there to loose??? I never realized they used to cost 100 bucks, makes me almost want too buy a 2nd pair incase they stop making them. Tone i just ripped off the yellow part , it came right off no problem, and ive been planning to remove the label on the tounge, jsut havent done it yet. Everyone get these boots!!!! :D
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

I just put up a pair of new J Crew Deckers at eBay. They are size 10 1/2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7594534469

I bought two pairs a year ago and have been keeping these as a back up. They are brand new; I haven't even tried them on.

Kind regards,
Magnoli
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

too bad i have boots those are just my size, I love my huskers though.
Capt_Zak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Close enough boots.

Post by Capt_Zak »

I bought a pair of these from Sportsmans Guide. I know they are technically too tall to be Indy boots but I like the ankle support you get with the 8.5" boot. Plus, once you put the Sepia LL Bean Chinos on...who's gonna notice. :D

I'll take some pics when they arrive tomorrow.
IndyRich
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndyRich »

Great, Magnoli would sell then after I brought a pair of red wings :evil: :roll: :lol: 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TFrosst
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by TFrosst »

Just bought a pair of J. Crew ruggeds but I'm having money issues. I really wanted these boots and got lucky on the site one day. Too bad :( Check out the For sale section. The shipping box isnt' even opened.
ryan_289
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by ryan_289 »

JCrew had 9's and 10's today. I wear anywhere b/t a 9 and a 10. My Justin chukka boots I have are 9's so thats what I went with. hopefully it will work out. THe lady told me I could return them if they didnt fit.