Morgon's Auth. Goat Wested!!!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Morgon's Auth. Goat Wested!!!

Post by Indakin »

Hey everyone just picked up my Authentic Goat wested and its amazzzzzing!!!! I was too excited to wait and post this all later with pcis, had to put a message up already. Ill post a few pics in the next few hours! Stay tunned for my story! :P
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Post by Rusty Jones »

Can't wait for the pics! How's the fit feel?
mantis3214
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by mantis3214 »

awesome! How is the material? Feel/look good?
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

ohh man this baby feels great and its a perfect fit, no problems here! :D Im editing and uploading my pics right now, i should have them up in the next 30 mins. Stay TUNNED!!!!
mantis3214
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by mantis3214 »

awesome!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

MY WESTED!

Post by Indakin »

Ok everyone here is my first and New Authentic Raiders goat from wested. I'm very happy with my switch from dark goat to Authentic, because this baby is dark enough as it is.
It was sort of a pain to get my jacket today. I had the jacket sent to my friends so my parents wouldnt see another package when they got home lol :lol: It came USPS but they didnt leave it yesturday because it had a $24.89 COD for import tax. So i got home today after sitting in class all morning, went to my friends to get the slip, and headed to the P.O. After waiting in line for 20 mins, the mail clerk told me the jacket was already on the truck trying to be redelivered, and if it wasnt delievered again today, to stop in at 4:30 to pick it up when the truck comes back. So i head back to my friends house and gave his little bro the money while I went to the gym. When i got out i swung by and he said the mail still hadn't come. I checked his box, and sure enough the mail did come, but the ### mail man didnt even bother to probably knock, lazy b*****d. :? So i went back to the P.O. all sweety and pumped up from the gym in my sweaty wife beater, luckily there was no line. I went up to the same guy again and said " Hand it over :evil: ", not really, but thats what i was thinking. Then it took about another 10 mins for him to process everything. We got to talking a bit about how he buys clothing alot over seas too and that if you can get the item small enough then you wont get charged the Import. Finally i got my jacket!!!
The first thing i noticed about my jacket was the smell. It reminded me of my fish tank and fish food from when i was younger. I also realized how thin that jacket was compaired to my other jacket my brother let me have. The jacket fits me perfectly, I have no problems at all with it. The slider straps were kinda werid to figure out, but i have them in now, but i still cant get the official raiders loop that Agent 5 posted. Otherwise, Im extremely happy, so check out the mannnny pics bellow. Some are with flash some are not. Im sure you can tell the difference from the focus. P.S. excuse my inaccurate shirt, my new WPG is on its way back right now, and my IOAB winrich is hopefully done or being finished. Otherwise the last shot is all my gear, and i have dark khaki chinos too.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

:tup: :tup: very good looking jacket pal!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

thanks guys! Keep the flattering coming. 8) Right now im hoping my new WPG will fit tigher still and have teh right length sleeves this time.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Hey Bryan,
Nice job of putting your gear together :tup:
Cheers,
G-MANN
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

The more you wear it, the better it will get as goatskin has a great memory, and it will form fit to YOUR body shape. Jjust wait until a couple weeks pass. You'll be amazed when you compare it then to what you see in your photos today.

Congratulations!

High regards! Michaelson
Baggers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Baggers »

Great looking jacket!. Wear it in good health.

Cheers!
Last edited by Baggers on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

Thanks for the info Michealson! I hope it does break in nicely...

Maybe it will form skin tight to my musclular pecs, arms, back, shoulders....im just really buff guys 8) Then it will be like a IndySpidey suit!!! I cant wait lol. :wink:

By the way, if you dont know i love SW even more than indy..sorry :D But i still loveeee indy. Anyways here are some shots of my Anakin gear.
ImageImageImage

Ill be an official memeber of the 501st hopefully by next week (SL 0485), they are just soooo nit picky on the council, everythings gotta be perfect :evil: Even though it already is.
Last edited by Indakin on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

Yea man, nice jacket, i think you just swayed my decision into the authentic goat as opposed to the DB when i get mine soon.
P.S. anyone ever tell you that you look like Anakin Skywalker?
-Chris
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

yea everyone was telling me that last weekend chris!!! No one in my garrison had seen me yet in costume, and everyone was blown back, no one excpected it to be so good. You really need to see me in person to get the full effect, im the same height, age, eye color, hair color(very close) and body build to hayden. There are so many in the 501st as anakin who look horrible, but you cant really discriminate someones looks. At least mine have helped me alot for getting in, they said i was 95% perfect within a 2 day period. Many people takes weeks or months to get aproved. I was soooo happy to hear my garrisons reaction, an the people at the event, especially the kids, the best part is seeing their reactions. . The only thing that ***** with being anakin is that my long hair doenst look right with indy....buttttt i love my hair like this now, and its still getting longer!!!

Anyways back to indy, Yea man youll love the authentic, i have no issues at all with it. I odered DB goat but couldnt wait for it to arrive, and i think i would have thought it was too dark. Theres nothing wrong with the authentic goat, the swatches post helps, but you shouldnt go by that, it takes full jacket shots like mine to really tell.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

well i still have an arm but not exactly. Check out this progress shot man. :twisted:

Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

haaa, yea and it really works too. ITs made from ana awesome arm toy. I can pic up things and even hold my saber. Up close its pretty detailed and has wires and everything.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

fineeeee gosshhh lol Here is one i didnt post, its a pretty good shot of my Fed Deluxe, the colors look nice and the shadow in my bash does too.

Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

Yea, ive seen some pictures online of guys tryin to be anakin, and lookin more like jabba the hutt. I love star wars and Indy, but im more of a casual gearhead, i just like the jacket, and i have a fedora. But i think its cool when folks like you and those other folks go all out and do what they love to do, Its like Halloween all year for you guys!
-Chris
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

yea chris, i just started to go all out starting end of last year. I made anakin for halloween at first but then decided to join the 501st and had to make drastic changes. AS my gear got better and my hair got longer i realized how much i actually do look like him, more than i expected. So i got into making my gear as good as I can. Ive spent probably close to a grand in all on the costume and upgrades. Indy cost me close to 700 as well. Gotta spend teh cash while i dont ahve bills, Ill never get away with spending like this in a few years lol.
Dr. Jones Jr.
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Dr. Jones Jr. »

Thats cool man, im sure if i had more money id have more indy gear. College aint cheep tho, gotta pay the cost to be the boss.
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Post by Rusty Jones »

Great jacket! I that's a really nice authentic brown... it actually looks authentic :c) now I concur that in most lighting the authentic is more accurate, I just still prefer slightly darker because I like it to contrast with my LL Bean clothes which are a little darker

is it 80's fit?
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

Rusty Jones wrote:Great jacket! I that's a really nice authentic brown... it actually looks authentic :c) now I concur that in most lighting the authentic is more accurate, I just still prefer slightly darker because I like it to contrast with my LL Bean clothes which are a little darker

is it 80's fit?
I like the darker Brown too. If you look at agent5's recent topic thread the jacket looks almost black. I am still waiting for Wested to get the Dark Brown goat in because I refuse to settle, all good things are worth waiting for.
Cheers,
G-MANN
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

Nope Rusty im just a big guy and fill out my jacket, but not in the gut lol I wonder what an 80s fit really would be like....I dont think it fit me the best. The authentic is nice, and i can see why it might have looked green in the swatch posts, but really it isnt. ITs just a differnt shade of brown in the brown color family. I have a color class this semester, i know these things now lol. I actually have a back shot from outside that looks more brown than my other outside shot above.

Gman, Defitinely wait if thats what you really want, and dont your already have a wested? What leahter do you have now?
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

I have the Dark Brown Lambskin and an Expedition Dark Brown Lambskin which I like even more than my Wested. It is so dark that it matches the dark brown of all of my Fedora's ribbons.
Cheers,
G-MANN
Luisiana Jones
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Luisiana Jones »

Indy's look is better than ani´s :P still both are great outfits. Congratulations :)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Nice jacket, trying not to look. Must... stay.... away...from ...Wested...temptation...to...get...another...jacket....to....great!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

KT were you on the toliet when you typed that last post lol :lol:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

MorgonKenbur wrote:KT were you on the toliet when you typed that last post lol :lol:
The wonders of WiFi. :twisted: :roll:
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

Sorry to be a wet-blanket, but that jacket looks really baggy. The leather is great, but those creases in the back and the slack under the arms and chest show that the fit is really really big. Perhaps that is just how you like, but I personally prefer a more forming fitting jacket.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

Ghos7a55assin wrote:Sorry to be a wet-blanket, but that jacket looks really baggy. The leather is great, but those creases in the back and the slack under the arms and chest show that the fit is really really big. Perhaps that is just how you like, but I personally prefer a more forming fitting jacket.
Thanks i respect your opinion. Yea i didnt want my jacket to be 80s fit or super tight on me because i work out and plan on growing some more still. Being this was my first wested (ive already got that urge for another :wink: ) I didnt want to deal with it being to snug or having to send it back. It actually fits me very nicely in my opnion, with slight growth room, not too much. I can see what you say about the back wrinkles, but even indys seems to do this sometimes. I can always try the washing machine trick at somepoint if i want to shrink it at all. If i had a thinner build i would get the 80s, but im just not build like that, i have pretty broad shoulders, and a big chest and back now.

After looking at yous pics too, I would say that your cotton raiders fits you the same as mine fits me. Mine may just look big to you because im a bigger guy. Thanks again though, nice pics BTW :D