Getting a hat on a budget!

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Hawkangel
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Getting a hat on a budget!

Post by Hawkangel »

Hi everyone,

As I have a mortgage to pay off and a 4-and-a-half month old daughter's college education to save for, I was wondering what is the cheapest Fedora hat to buy that looks like Indys?
I'm willing spend say $75 to $150 on a hat.
Indy1939
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indy1939 »

I, myself, have an Akubra Federation from hatsdirect.com. So far it's lasted me three years of constant wear, and it comes open crown so you can bash it to your favorite scene. The last time I checked their site they were running about $75-$80.

Sorry if it sounds like a sales-pitch, I'm not affiliated with hatsdirect.com in any way, I'm just a satisfied customer.

-Cheers
Hawkangel
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Hawkangel »

Is that this one here ?-

http://www.hatsdirect.com/cgi/products. ... turnpage=0

My missus and I might take a drive to Katoomba one day to visit this store. It's a lovely place.
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Yeah that's it. Mine is 22 months old and still going strong.
Mulceber
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Mulceber »

There have however, been some complaints that it changes color after a while, so the Federation Deluxe would also be an option. It's about $120 US when it's all said and done. :junior: -IJ
Kodiak
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kodiak »

Look into the Camptown from our own Jersey Jones and the Keppler Fedora at www.adventure-supply.com. I'm in the market for one about that range too and am considering the Indiana Miller too. Check my thread "A Hat". :junior:
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

Check my post Hawk. I have some pcis of my Fed Deluxe. For cost and shipping it was $148. Great hat in my opinion.
viewtopic.php?t=15840