WPG Shirt size problem?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

WPG Shirt size problem?

Post by Indakin »

I just got my MKVII bag, and indy shirt from WPG retro and the bag is great but the shirts sleeve length is really bad. I ordered a 17x33, and the shirt is actaully only 28 3/4inch in sleeve length, which is quite a few inches off (if measured from center of shoulder to wrist like instructed.) If i measure from my shoudler seem to my wrist its only 24inch. Otherwise the shirt is a pretty good tight fit, id actually hope it doesnt shrink much at all. I understand now why todds shirts are all listed in 36inch sleeve length. I'm waiting for a response from WPG so i can send it back, cause its def wrong, even though the tags say different. Otherwise i thought teh shirt was a nice color and light weight comfortable cotton.

Anyone else ever had this problem? Is the magnoli shirt just as inaccurate with length?
Baggers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Baggers »

In WPG's defense, I'll say that he will make good on the goof and replace the shirt with the correct size. Obviously yours was mismarked. You have to consider where he has most of his stuff made. Occasional mistakes can and do happen.

As for Magnoli's wares, I'll let someone who actually has one give the definitive answer, but any custom made garment should fit -- assuming you give them correct measurements to work with.

Cheers!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

thanks baggers. Just got an email from jerry and he told me this

"Size 18 shirt is bigger." (It was a slightly tight fit through my back so im getting bigger)

"Send shirt back by Priority Mail with a note. No insurance or add-ons needed. Remind me of shirt problem, size you want and postage reimbursement."

Id like to add that Jerry is very good at customer service, he responds to emails reallllly fast. Otherwise Id have to say that the shirt was great and I looked pretty sexy with it on. When I get the new one ill psot some pics.
Baggers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Baggers »

MorgonKenbur wrote:thanks baggers. Just got an email from jerry and he told me this

"Size 18 shirt is bigger."

:lol: Oh, that Jerry. He is one funny fellow (done in a bad mexican accent, a la Pancho from "The Cisco Kid"). Size 18 is bigger...freaking DUH.

You didn't say anything, so I'm guessing that you're one of the few out there who isn't complaining that his shirts are too full through the body? :wink:

Cheers!
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

not at all lol , I lift almost every day. My chest is a 46 and 48 expanded, i have pretty wide shoulders and a bigger than average guys back now. The shirt was actually tight, if i wanted to, i could have flexed my lats and ripped it open like the Hulk lol :x But since i was senidng it bak i held back the anger. I jsut sent it back to WPG and hope to get it back next week.
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

My shirts are all custom made to order; so if you want your left arm longer than your right, no problem... anything is possible! You can have a huge body with tiny arms or orangutan arms with a narrow chest... piece of cake! ;)

Kind regards,
Indy
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Indy Magnoli wrote:......... or orangutan arms with a narrow chest... piece of cake! ;)

Kind regards,
Indy
WHY do you always have to drag me into these discussions, Indy?! #-o ](*,) :?

:lol: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Indy Magnoli
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Indy Magnoli »

Michaelson wrote:WHY do you always have to drag me into these discussions, Indy?! #-o ](*,) :?
Because you, Michaelson, are the model on which all gear is based! :D

Kind regards,
Indy
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Funny you two, now as far as the IM shirt. Go for it when you get the chance. I have the WPG shirt and like it very much, a little on the heavey side but still an great shirt. The IM shirt I recieved about a month ago is....... is just plain "fantastic, the material is has a soft feel against the skin, is comfortable, one of the most comfortable shirts of Indy gear I own. And I own a Wested too!!
I sent all my measurements and the only small issue is the shoulder size which I'll chnge only slightly on my next shirt. Going to try a pebble grey just for somthin different. If this shirt is it, I'll order more of the stone colored. Since Indy Magnoli has saved my measuremnets I'll e-mail him with the change in shoulder width.
And Indy Magnoli if you haven't guessed, I love my shirt.
Croft
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

my returned WPG 18x36 is toooo puffy now. I understand what people meant about that. Im going to try to sell the WPG, already have 1 interested person, but if you might want it PM me.

Otherwise i need to buy a new shirt, eihter wested, or magnoli. I like the custom sizing, but wested is a bit cheap price. What does everyone recommend? Mostly i want to hear about the wested. I trust magnolis alot. The WPG is aprently jsut made for the bigger american, and im not like that around the gut.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

i got my new WPG in 17x36. After a wash it fits much tighter, everythings great, but the backs still got extra material. My moms gonna do some sewing fixes so its tighter. Otherwise, the material crinkles up nice like indys, just too much shirt material for me.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

yea it does lol. I dont see why they just dont make them somewhat normal fitting, i mean no offense to anyone on the bigger size, but indy is a slimmer character, and if u want to look like him, i would suggest making a shirt that fits slimmer or at least normal lol. IT is like a bedspread was sewn into the back. At least its close now though, when my mom sews it, ill look alot better.