The wait is unbearable! update: No Goatskin!!! D:

Post by mantis3214 »

Update:

Straight from Gemma this morning:
Unfortunately your jacket hasn't been cut yet we are awaiting on the
dark brown goatskin, as soon as this is in this will be made
:shock: :cry: :cry:

Sup everyone,

As some remembe I ordered a replacement as the old one was a bit too small. Anyway, I ordered sunday the 15th and now it is sunday the 29 and im dying here! My last order was processed and shipped in something like 9 days including weekends. Gaah! [/quote]
Last edited by mantis3214 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swab
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Swab »

Replacement what? I'm going to assume jacket or something cool. Whatever it is, hope you get it soon.
mantis3214
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by mantis3214 »

oh my bad, ya it is a new jacket. Ahhh I wish they would email with updates once in a while heh.

INDY JACKET:
Height: 68 in (5ft 8in)
Chest: 38 in
Sleeve: 24.25 in
Jacket_Size: 40 reg
Jacket style: Raiders Jacket
Leather: Dark Brown - Durable Goatskin
Lining / Zip: Cotton Body-Satin Sleeves (rec)
Side Fastener: Anodised Black Rectangular Slider(buckle)
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

I wonder if I am the only one who does not "fill my jilabba" (as John Rhys-Davies put it) while waiting for a new Wested. When I got my first Wested lamb, I didn't even think about it more than a few times until it got to my door. Even then, the only times I thought about it was when I e-mailed Gemma to ask how things were going with it. I suppose waiting for my goat Wested doesn't count, because I had a lamb to wear until I got it.

Waiting for it just never had that kind of effect on me, and I wonder why.

Here's hoping you get your jacket soon.
mantis3214
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by mantis3214 »

Strider wrote:I wonder if I am the only one who does not "fill my jilabba" (as John Rhys-Davies put it) while waiting for a new Wested. When I got my first Wested lamb, I didn't even think about it more than a few times until it got to my door. Even then, the only times I thought about it was when I e-mailed Gemma to ask how things were going with it. I suppose waiting for my goat Wested doesn't count, because I had a lamb to wear until I got it.

Waiting for it just never had that kind of effect on me, and I wonder why.

Here's hoping you get your jacket soon.
maybe because you had a jacket to wear in the mean time... I only have a big coat and a rainjacket (and an odd fleece or two) at school with me and none of them are particularly well suited to the weather and everyday occasions.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

Mantis I'm on the same boat with you. I orderd my Wested last week on the 24th. Im expecting to wait a month like they said, if it came sooner I would be really happy. I ordered all my gear pretty much last week, so I ahve many other things that will be here before then. My web belt, gun belt, holster, hat, shirt, MKVII, IOAB 10foot, and bag strap should all be here this week, and ill get to paly with tehm friday when im back from school. I've def thought alot about my jacket but i have so many things to play with in the mean time. Good luck with your jacket, post some pcis when it comes.
mantis3214
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by mantis3214 »

update, read first post /:?(
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Go Cairo, go ToD bridge. You'll live. :wink:
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Now that I've gone through 5 Westeds, the wait does nothing to me. I have one here to wear if I wanted anyways. Now, when I ordered my first I was stoked. The time went sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooow.
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

yeah i got an email from them that they had accidently cut my jacket out of lamb instead of horse so its back to waiting for me *sigh* movin on 3 or 4 weeks now.
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

sorry to hear that, I hope i dont encounter any more problems then them not having goat right now.
Update: Gemma wrote back to me today and said that the gaot skin will be in next week sometime, so they arent out, they are jsut waiting for some more. Its not as big a wait for me since it takes a month anyways.
mantis3214
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by mantis3214 »

it got worse:
This has been on order so we are hoping about 14 days time
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

I guess you and I must be in the same boat Mantis, beacause I ordered a second Wested and went for the Durable Dark brown Goatskin too. I only ordered mine on 01/25 so I suppose I will be waiting quite a while. At least I have a couple other Indy's to wear while I wait :D
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

Gman i ordered my dark goat on the 24th so youll have to wait 1 more day than me lol. Its not going to be so bad for us though, we would ahve had at least anotehr week or so of the month waiting period. I dont think it will even be that noticeable for us.
G-MANN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by G-MANN »

I admit the 1st time I ordered one I hated the wait, now that I have the Lambskin Wested and Lambskin Expedition the wait just does not seem to matter. What I really am looking foward to is my ABs from Steve. But that is a different topic. :wink:
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

man i hope i dont want to buy another ajcket after this, i really shouldnt, but who knowsss. Once we start seeing what the indy 4 gear will look like, i might be swayed into buying some items.
rebelgtp
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by rebelgtp »

:( i ordered mine on the 12th of this month, who knows how much longer it will take beings that they cut it from the wrong material.