INTEREST THREAD-Relic Raider Vintage Clover Lighter?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Baggers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

It's Here!

Post by Baggers »

I just received my Lucky Lighter from Relic Raider, and it's perfect! \:D/

Hybrid badges with satin finish.

Thanks, RR!

Cheers!
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Baggers, I'm glad you like the hybrid badges! They are a very good choice as far as I'm concerned, and generally slightly overlooked. You really have to see them in person to get the proper impression.

I know it's going slow with lighters becoming available. Keep in mind I have to keep plain Zippos coming in, which is currently problematic and I have to rely on the weather cooperating. Humididy is my main enemy when working with urethane resin. Also keep in mind that making a lighter takes a few hours altogether.

When I have a lighter available, I will contact you and ask you if you want it, and which badges you want on it. If you don't want a lighter at that time, for whatever reason, it's okay, but please get back to me and let me know. If you don't get back to me, how long am I supposed to wait before offering the lighter to the next person on my list? I'll let you guys decide. How long after giving notice should I wait for a reply before proceeding to the next person on the list?

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Five minutes.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Make if four. 8)

Regards! Michaelson
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

I just received my 1937 with Hybrid badges, and Modified Ziplight.
What else can be said besides Bravo!
RR has really outdone himself on this one.
I especially like the modified Ziplight. Very practical.

Thank you again.

Dalexs
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I just got my 1937 Zippo today. Its absolutely magnificent! Its new home is definitely gonna be my left jacket pocket. :wink: Excellent work Relic Raider. :tup:

Thanks again! :D
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

I'm glad everybody is happy with their lighters! It's been a long and winding road for the past two months. Considering the lack of 1937 Zippos and the generally lousy weather, I'm elated that by now everyone who was on my waiting list and who chose to get back to me, either already has received, or is about to receive his lighter. Thanks to all of you who hung in there. I hope the wait was worth it! If someone fell through the cracks, please let me know.
I'm also pleased that more of you have discovered the hybrid badges as an alternative to the resin badges.
Since future interest in 1937 Vintage Zippos will likely be less and be more evenly distributed over a longer period of time, I do not expect the wait for 1937 Vintage Zippos to be longer than that for other Zippo models. I'm keeping, as much as possible, all relevant Zippo models, #200, Armored, 1937 Vintage and 1941 Replica, in stock. Demand is sometimes unpredictable, though, and for some reason, orders tend to come im clusters.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Hey RR,

What is the least expensive (I prefer that to the word 'cheapest') lighter you offer with clover badging? Altho funds are at an all-time low, I would really like one, and since nobody has responded to my lame "trade Indy pants for a lighter" post in the For Sale section. :roll: perhaps it is time to scrape together some pennies and swipe the empties out of my neighbours garage :wink:
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Indiana Gater, I just sent you an indecent proposal via pm. :wink:

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Relic Raider wrote:Indiana Gater, I just sent you an indecent proposal via pm. :wink:

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
hmmmmm......I dunno..you make nice lighters and all....but I've seen that movie, and I dunno if I'm willing to go THAT far for one! :shock: :wink:
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Not all indecent proposals are of THAT nature. :wink:

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Capt_Zak
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Zippo...

Post by Capt_Zak »

Ok, all this peer pressure. I give up...please list me as well. :D Are the prces the same as listed on your site?
Altern
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Altern »

Hi, Relic Raider, i'm interested in a Zippo "close-enough" to the one that we can see in the LC.

I got 3 problems though :

- i just don't know what options to choose. But i trust you. I just want the closest possible replica to Elsa's Zippo.

- i don't know how to procede with the payment since i live in Europe. I use to pay via Paypal when doing business with US people over Ebay.

- don't know what would be the international shipping costs.

If you could help me with those details by pm, you can put me on the list too :)

Thx
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Altern, I'll send you a PM that will answer your questions.

By the way, it has come to my attention that sometimes people email me, but when I attempt to reply, I get a delivery failure notice that is due to the person's inbox being full. Please, if you send me an email, make sure your inbox is not full, or it will not accept my reply! :wink:

Cheers,
-K.P.
duc
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Clover lighter

Post by duc »

I wanted to chime in and publically applaud the efforts of Relic Raider. I received mine last month just before Christmas and was very pleased with the workmanship.

Nice job!!!
Altern
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Altern »

Couldn't resist but to show you all what the postman brought me this morning.

My Relic Raider Vintage Zippo !!!

Pic : http://alternativ.free.fr/photos/category.php?cat=9

I can't thank you enough Relic Raider !

A nice zippo for a fair price and fast shipping (accross the Atlantic !), couldn't please me more :)

And btw, your pics on your website don't do any justice to your work. You guys MUST hold one in your own hands to understand how perfect those babies are :D

p-s : For those wondering, i ordered a #200 Zippo with Satin finish and Hybrid badge.
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Altern, the Zippo took only 5 days from the US to France? Lately the USPS has been ridiculously slow with domestic mail, but under one week is pretty good for international Air Mail. I'm glad you like your Zippo!

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

Hey! That's one day less than it took to get my lighter from San Francisco to Santa Monica! Gotta love the US Postal Service! :wink:

Regards, Dr. J
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Dr._J wrote:Hey! That's one day less than it took to get my lighter from San Francisco to Santa Monica! Gotta love the US Postal Service! :wink:

Regards, Dr. J
I noticed that. I mailed yours on the 19th and Altern's on the 21st, and Altern got his first. That's like 500 miles versus 8000 miles. Usually, even First Class mail takes on average only 2 days from SF to the greater LA area.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Must have been a heck of a tail wind.... :-k :lol: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Zippo...

Post by Relic Raider »

Capt_Zak wrote:Ok, all this peer pressure. I give up...please list me as well. :D Are the prces the same as listed on your site?
Sorry for overlooking your post there! There's not list anymore, because initial interest has subsided. The wait for lighter or badge kit is now generally 5 days to one week.

The prices on my website are correct, or so I hope. If you contact me, I'll always double-check and calculate your order.

Some General Comments

I just increased some of the shipping cost of some items. That's not only because the USPS has increased their postage rates and service fees at the beginning of 2006, but also because PayPal isn't getting any less expensive. In general, if you want to save a little, I may give you a small discount if you pay with a check or money order instead of PayPal, because I won't have to pay any PayPal fees. Some of you can get free money orders from your bank, so it may be worth it for you. A postal money order costs around $1, think.

A word on USPS service and reliability:

Inconsistency when it comes to delivery times is the biggest issue I have with the USPS. The USPS's tracking capability is sad and limited to Delivery Confirmation service, unless Express Mail is used. However, the USPS has not yet lost anything I've sent. I'll gladly use other carriers like UPS, FEDEX or DHL, but please be aware that they are more expensive and not necessarily faster than the USPS.

Cheers,
-Relic Raider
Relic Raider
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Relic Raider »

Michaelson wrote:Must have been a heck of a tail wind.... :-k :lol: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Or maybe the USPS switched from using trucks to using bicycles. :P
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

...or mules. :roll: :lol:

Regards! Michaelson
Dr._J
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Dr._J »

...or mules.
I'll try to refrain from the obvious "jacka-s" comment here.

Just glad I got the package! Thanks Relic Raider!
Altern
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Altern »

Just a sidenote, i've been buying "Indiana Jones" stuff on ebay or on websites for months now, and people used USPS everytime to send me the stuff.

Well, i don't know how your postal service work 'domestically' in the US, guys, but i can swear that so far everything arrived under 10 days everytime. Your postal service rocks, internationally speaking.

Now, both french and us postal services never disappointed me internationally, but on the 'domestical' way, that's another story with the french one...

Oh, FEDEX, UPS, DHL = useless. Too expensive. 100% custom taxes.

Forget it.

I've never paid custom taxes EVER with usps.

/me hugs USPS :twisted:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Somehow we never have trouble getting to France in a hurry...hmm...can't find the joke in there. But that's great to know! Actually, I've sent several things internationally, and I'm always surprised how fast things get there.