What else has Peter done?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

What else has Peter done?

Post by Kt Templar »

Well, I was digging around on the Duende site and found this list of stuff Peter and Wested have done. Anyone know any more?

I know recent things they have been involved in are King Arthur and Harry Potter.

Indiana Jones (Designed and made Indy's jackets for all three movies)
Mission Impossible (Made Tom Cruise's black leather blazer)
Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Made Alec Guinness's robes and other costumes)
Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (various costumes and accessories)
Star Wars Episode 2: The Attack of the Clones (various costumes and accessories)
Alien (Designed and made all leather jackets)
The 51st State (Various)
The Fifth Element (Responsible for various costumes and accessories)
James Bond (Various including Brosnan's leather car coat seen in pre-title sequence of TND)
Memphis Belle (Designed and made all leather jackets)
Equilibrium (Made Christian Bale and Taye Diggs' long coats as featured on posters)
Shanghai Knights (various costumes and accessories including Jackie Chan's jacket)
Entrapment (Various including Sean Connery's jacket)
Hornblower (on ITV)
Eastenders (on BBC)
Wing Commander (made flight suits worn by actors)
Sharpe (made the uniforms)
Band of Brothers (made uniforms)
Pirates of the Caribbean (various costumes)
Alexander the Great (various costumes)
Troy (various costumes)
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

He also did some stuff for U-571.
Andiana
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Southern California - The home of my 'home away from home'...Disneyland...

Post by Andiana »

At the QM SUmmit Saturday Night dinner he sat at our table (:D). Anywho, there he told my parents and I about some of the films he had recently finished. He had just finished making various things for the latest Harry Potter film (for characters like Mad Eye Moody and Hagrid) and is also currently working on the Pirates of the Caribbean sequal (:D). He also made some stuff for Alexander I believe.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Didn't he make the jacket for the first Lethal Weapon movie, too?
Oklahoma Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Oklahoma Jones »

I wonder if he made that sweet leather tricorn hat......AAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH, MATEYS!!!!
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

oklahoma_jones wrote:I wonder if he made that sweet leather tricorn hat......AAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH, MATEYS!!!!
He did

Ken
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Indiana Jerry wrote:Didn't he make the jacket for the first Lethal Weapon movie, too?
Actually the movie jacket was a Tommy Hilfiger. However, he does make a LW jacket.

:)
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

There was no leather jacket in the first Leathal Weapon. I think you're thinking of LW3 and 4.

(assuming he'll chime in...)
Peter,
Would you be willing to recreate some of the Jack Sparrow costume if you were asked? Is that possible?
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

He made costumes for Blade, Saving Private Ryan, The Fifth Element and Das Boot.
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

All this notoriety and he STILL is willing to deal with nutbars like me who e-mail him custom jacket designs for whom he'll do a one off special. Now that's a pro and a freind, folks !

Ken
Andiana
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Southern California - The home of my 'home away from home'...Disneyland...

Post by Andiana »

Indiana Ken wrote:
oklahoma_jones wrote:I wonder if he made that sweet leather tricorn hat......AAARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH, MATEYS!!!!
He did

Ken
He made Captain Jack's hat? I don't recall that. He said all he made was the waist coat and the belts. I asked him about the hat and he replied "I don't think so." :?
FloatinJoe
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by FloatinJoe »

Peter, make me a happy guy and tell us that you made the uniforms for "Thunderbirds".
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

He also designed and made the costumes of the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Just kidding.
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

I just recently rewatched the old comedy Top Secret with Val Kilmer. It was made in the UK and came out in 1983 or 84. In it, Kilmer wears a very cool custom jacket that is a bit of a hybrid of an Indy jacket and an A-2. It just looked very Wested. Also, many members of the supporting cast were dressed in a variety of leather jackets and vests. I would really be surprised if Peter wasn't involved on that one.
Andiana
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Andiana »

He also did various things for the two Mummy films as well. 8)
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

WOW, i never knew he was involved in all those movies!!!! It's all incredible!!

If something goes wrong with university i want to work at Wested Leather Co. :lol::lol:

PS hey don't forget Treasure of the Templars!!!!
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

GOOD POINT. He did make the jacket used in ToT. ;)
JAN
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by JAN »

Nothing to add to the above. I´ve just checked Wested´s homepage, and it looks like al inhere covers it.

Here Gibson´s jacket from LW 4 (I guess)

Best regards

JAN
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

VP i would hide the fact that he made costumes for Power Rangers :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

He also made the jacket N. Cage wore in 'Gone in 60 Seconds'.
Regards! Michaelson
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

erri_wan wrote:VP i would hide the fact that he made costumes for Power Rangers :lol:

Yea, I would keep that a secret! I remember when that show came out and the "cool" thing to do was pick on the kids that liked it. :twisted: :lol:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Michaelson, you moderator, delete the info about the power ranger :lol: it could go against the fame of Peter
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

If you try to quote VP's message about the Power Rangers you'll see he actually admits it's a joke, it's just he got his tags mixed up and it doesn't show.

VP you had us all worried for a bit there! :)
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

VP loves power ranger, be careful with this topic!!!! :lol:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Yes, I know, especially Pink Ranger.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Kt Templar wrote:If you try to quote VP's message about the Power Rangers you'll see he actually admits it's a joke, it's just he got his tags mixed up and it doesn't show.

I don't think that was a mistake...that was a clever stealth method for inserting a caveat...matching the background color. If it wasn't so sneaky, I'd be ticked. But how can you get ticked at something so clever? ;)
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Further reading of the site revealed a list of leathers you could have your jacket made in, Ostrich embossed Pigskin anyone?

List as follows:

Super-soft Lambskin (nappa) - Super-soft to the touch, light yet extremely tough. Features a smooth fine grain and a subtle sheen. Available in black, brown, green, blue, white, cream, tan, oxblood, cherry red, bright red. Other colours also available on request.

Sheepskin - Soft, thick and extremely warm. Exterior finish is similar to lambskin yet is also available with a sueded finish. Available with black, white or tan fleece

Lambstouch Cowhide - Similar in texture to lambskin yet is slightly less soft and substantially heavier but is more durable. Available in black, brown, tan. Other colours available on request.

Antiqued Cowhide - Soft to the touch with a noticeable grain. The surface has been treated to simulate antique, worn leather and will continue to age and weather, looking better over time. Brown only

Regular Cowhide - Tough and supple with a noticeable heavy grain. Black, brown, tan. Other colours available on request.

Alligator Embossed Cowhide - This stuff is incredible! Top grade cowhide, tanned in Florida and treated to simulate the finest Alligator skin in both texture and durability. A fraction of the price of the real thing yet so convincing only a taxidermist could tell the difference. Available in black, brown, antiqued brown, green, burgundy and tan.

Ostrich Embossed Cowhide - Premium cowhide treated to simulate high grade Ostrich skin. This combines the beautiful distinctively pimpled appearance of Ostrich with the toughness and durability of cowhide. Black, brown, tan, dusty pink and purple.

Python - This stuff needs no introduction. Exclusive, expensive and incredibly difficult to come by, this stuff will either draw gasps of admiration or horror. Our skins have been sourced through approved legal sources and are the finest available. Tough yet supple, the skins are available in a semi-aniline natural finish, waxed or glazed finish and can be ordered in natural beige, orange, black and natural multi coloured patterned colourways. We even stock a pure white albino python skin with real gold leaf accenting. Just don't let Steve Irwin see you.

Goatskin - The toughest leather we sell: light, soft and with a visible grain, this leather is virtually bulletproof! Brown only.

Nubuck - Made from cowhide, this leather is tough yet extremely soft and tactile with a soft matt finish. Brown or Tan

Pigskin (suede finish or semi-aniline finish) - On one side it has the texture and softness of the finest velvet yet on the other it is semi-smooth with a tough yet supple finish. Virtually any colour available.

Ostrich Embossed Pigskin - Almost identical in appearance and texture to real Ostrich skin, this pigskin is the business! Pimpled and soft in texture with a nice grain this is a great substitute for the rare and expensive real thing. Available in all colours.

Suede - Made from lambskin this leather is soft and luxurious with a furry nap. Virtually any colour available.

Machine washable synthetic suede - This stuff is so good even Mr Botwright was fooled. This is the latest in high performance textile technology.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I wonder how many items on this list ARE still available. We know that the lambtouch cowhide hasn't been available from Wested for well over a year, so if not it, what else has been pulled? :-k

Regards! Michaelson
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Indiana Jerry wrote:
Kt Templar wrote:If you try to quote VP's message about the Power Rangers you'll see he actually admits it's a joke, it's just he got his tags mixed up and it doesn't show.

I don't think that was a mistake...that was a clever stealth method for inserting a caveat...matching the background color. If it wasn't so sneaky, I'd be ticked. But how can you get ticked at something so clever? ;)
Jerry's right, as always.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

We'll give you the benefit of the doubt....this time! ;)
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

VP wrote:Jerry's right, as always.
Be glad there's limits on sig lengths now... ;) I had to drop the same quote from George and Steven, too... :roll:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That washable synthetic suede interests me. I get at least one email a week from folks who travel a lot that want a Raiders jacket, but something they can just toss in a washing machine, dry, then go on. We were on a roll with the cotton version, but unfortunately (depending on your point of view :wink: ), it's a dry clean only situation with that one.

I'm trying to get hold of Peter to see if a Raiders version can be made with this synthetic suede that would be pretty much maintenance free, but if required, can be tossed in a washing machine, then back on the road.

Sure, it's not for the purist, but I'm not a purist by any stretch of the imagination...I use what I have...and this would fill a niche I've been trying to fill for many a year. :-k

Stay tuned. Oh, and if anyone 'talks' to Peter anytime soon, tell him I'm looking for him. I've played hob trying to reach him via email lately. :roll:

Regards! Michaelson
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

It's the stuff that a lot of womens jackets are made out of right now, looks quite good at first but doesn't seem to be too hardwearing, the upside is it's cheap and washable. Let's see what Peter thinks.

Good for veggies too :).
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Good for veggies, eh? Well, there IS that angle I suppose... :-k :lol:

I'm not looking for something to be drug behind a truck in...I'm looking for one that can be worn, or tossed in the back seat of a car...the usual 'urban adventurer' type jacket...like the cotton version. Technically, they're not 'hard wearing' either, but fill the bill I'M trying to fill....to a point. This may be a good compromise for me....and others in the same boat. :-k

Regards!

Michaelson
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Michaelson wrote:Good for veggies, eh? Well, there IS that angle I suppose... :-k :lol:

I'm not looking for something to be drug behind a truck in...I'm looking for one that can be worn, or tossed in the back seat of a car...the usual 'urban adventurer' type jacket...like the cotton version. Technically, they're not 'hard wearing' either, but fill the bill I'M trying to fill....to a point. This may be a good compromise for me....and others in the same boat. :-k

Regards!

Michaelson
True, that it might. When it's a good sample it's very good, you do find yourself sniffing it to see if it is real and studying the pile to see if you can see the tell tale netting underneath, but I don't think this stuff actually has it!
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Understood. Like I said, it's an interesting thing here, and I hope we can find out something in the near future.

Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Re: What else has Peter done?

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Kt Templar wrote: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy (Made Alec Guinness's robes and other costumes)
Check this out:
http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid ... 1901192005