Am I a Glutton?

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Jorenz
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Am I a Glutton?

Post by Jorenz »

My new Dark Brown Lamb arrived a few days ago and I love it. I can't take it off. But having spent that much on it I can't bring myself to prematurely distress it. Instead I want to get another one to keep nice while one gets the bashing of a lifetime.

I feel that I'm being very gluttonous and should be happy with the one I have and just let it distress naturally.

Please someone tell me that I'm not being a glutton
duc
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by duc »

Just on the off chance that someone provides a "compelling argument", I'm going to watch this thread closely. You never know when a "compelling argument" may come in handy, or be required.
Serial Hero
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Serial Hero »

Well, there is the... never mind. :wink:
Indydawg

Uhhhh....

Post by Indydawg »

Take it from someone who's owned and had more jackets pass through his hands than some small towns in America-two jackets is NOT being a glutton :wink: !

What you're wanting to do is practically an necessity-even Indy had more than one leather jacket!!! 8)

Later!
Indydawg
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Ain't THAT the plain truth, Dawg!! :lol: :wink:

High regards!

Michaelson
GunstarBlue
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by GunstarBlue »

I ordered my first one about a year ago. My fourth one will be here soon.

There's nothing wrong with having more than one jacket. In fact, I think you should get another one to make ME feel better about having four. :D
Indydawg

Yep!

Post by Indydawg »

And more than anyone, you'd know, my friend-you've handled just about all the jackets I've owned. Come to think of it, it was YOU that got my insanity started in the first place, wasn't it?! :wink: !

But, it's been fun, ain't it?! I know I'VE enjoyed every minute of it!

High Regards to YOU, my friend.
Indydawg

PS-Yes, Jorenz-a couple of jackets, I think, is pretty much a pre-requisite around here.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Uh...me, started you on this journey? :shock: could be, old friend....could be.... :oops: :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Indydawg

Oh, it was....

Post by Indydawg »

And I never should have gotten the collar altered on that LC jacket I first got from you. Of all the jackets I've ever seen, that one was the most beautiful. If I had only left it alone, i wouldn't have spent so many years in a vain attempt to find one just like it. I've been chasing that "first high" ever since.

It's an addiction as bad as any drug, man....I had to go to Betty Ford to get straightened out! 8)

LOL-You're the man, Michaelson!
Indydawg
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

GunstarBlue wrote:I ordered my first one about a year ago. My fourth one will be here soon.

There's nothing wrong with having more than one jacket. In fact, I think you should get another one to make ME feel better about having four. :D

Wow 4 in a year!

I wonder who has the most around here....

I plan on my Dark Brown Goat to last many many years. :)
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Indydawg wrote:It's an addiction as bad as any drug, man....I had to go to Betty Ford to get straightened out! 8)
You mean you're cured? :shock:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Indiana Jess wrote:
Indydawg wrote:It's an addiction as bad as any drug, man....I had to go to Betty Ford to get straightened out! 8)
You mean you're cured? :shock:
Err... I don't think Peter would do one in Dawg hide.
GunstarBlue
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by GunstarBlue »

Masterfulks wrote:
GunstarBlue wrote:I ordered my first one about a year ago. My fourth one will be here soon.

Wow 4 in a year!

I wonder who has the most around here....

I plan on my Dark Brown Goat to last many many years. :)

That'd be cool if that was some sort of record. :) I don't really distress them or anything like that, so it's not like I'm wearing them out. I guess I just like to have a bunch of them with subtle variations of fit, style, and function.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Am I a Glutton?

Post by Kt Templar »

Jorenz wrote:
I don't think you're a glutton, I'm working myself up to a second one but been holding off. It's been six months since my last Wested.....
Obiwampa
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

shucks

Post by Obiwampa »

Rehab is for quitters!!. :twisted: I'm getting a FS goat for Christmas, and I plan on getting a Wested Auth. Lamb soon after. I earned the money, spending it on something I want is better than being buried with it. :)
Jens
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: Am I a Glutton?

Post by Jens »

Jorenz wrote:I can't take it off.
No problem! Don't take it off. I'm serious, sleep in it. Some people here swear it would improve the way the jacket drapes.

Anyway ... you're now a jacket-o-holic, uh?! :wink:

-- Jens
Indyjim
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Indyjim »

Obiwampa
I earned the money, spending it on something I want is better than being buried with it.
Absolutely. Spend the money on the jacket, then get buried in the jacket. Just not too soon! :lol:
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Post by Rusty Jones »

Yeah if I may go back to work through christmas so I can get another jacket to distress (cant bring myself to even look at this one hard :c)
Jorenz
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jorenz »

I kinda knew I was going to get another jacket. I just didn't think I would want one so soon. I've only had my Dark Brown Lamb for a week.

Is there a cooling off period I should wait?

Like a week and two days. :D
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

Well, put it this way: I am ordering a new jacket soon. So if it does make you a glutton, at least you'll have company. :wink:
Havana
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Havana »

Jorenz,
I had to do exactly the same thing. I love my original Wested so much. It's a dark lamb ToD. In it's original form, it looks really dressy and goes great with a tie. It can really make you standout when everyone else is wearing poorly fitting off the rack suits. But I'm an outdoorsy, adventurous kind of guy at heart. I wanted the same great look but in a rough and tumble, anything goes jacket. The only solution was to get a second one. I was always raised to separate your "good" clothes from your "play" clothes. This idea was certainly reinforced in the military where we had uniforms for work and dress uniforms. I'm just applying that same philosophy to my jackets. I'm certainly not a person with money to burn so I decided that I would "earn" the money for my second Wested by selling stuff that I already own. I cleaned house and sold some old boots, clothes, books, and tools on Ebay and ended up with more than enough money to make the purchase. That made me feel a lot less gluttonous.
Jorenz
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jorenz »

Havana,

Thanks, I have collected a fair amount of "Toys" I really don't need. The thought did come to me earlier but I wasn't sure if I wanted to part with certain items. But I do beleive you're right, I know I would feel a lot less greedy if I cleaned house before I get second jacket. And, my neighbor has offered to buy my 1967 Volvo before maybe he's still interested. :P
Redinight
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Redinight »

I have a hard time justifying my collecting habits nearly everyday anymore. I collect Star Wars toys/prop replicas and a lot of other SW stuff. I obviously have a love for Indy Gear as well, (hopefully after Christmas I can afford a Wested). I could be spending every dime on school and living expensives, but what fun would that be? In the past eight years I have amassed a huge collection of SW, Indy, and various other collections, taking up a whole room in my parents home. I am not joking when I say it is full, the closet is 100% full of empty SW boxes, and it is hard to get two people in there at the same time. There are literally piles of action figures on the floor, nothing is sorted, and my props are clustered on one shelf. :oops:

To answer your question, no. No I don't think you are a glutton. I will soon have another Indy jacket, (wearing a wings now) so adventually I will have two. But, if it were me I wouldn't buy two of the same jackets (first of all don't have that much money) but because I would first have TOD and ROTA. It would be like buying two simmilar Luke sabers (ANH and ESB version).

We aren't "bad" for spending so much, there are better and worse things to spend our money on. Just try to stay away from debt!! I could see myself slowing or stopping for awhile, but I could never part with what I do have to get myself out of debt.
Shawnkara
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Shawnkara »

Jorenz,
I'm on my fifth Wested Raiders. I just got this one about three months ago, and I'm already formulating plans for my next one. Don't sweat it :lol: :lol:
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I think I had my Wested for about 3 months before I started wanting another. I've had that little voice in my head for a year now. I don't know how much longer I can put it off. :wink: