Ordered a Wested Jacket... THE JACKET IS BACK! (PICs posted)

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Well i'm not scared of waiting anymore :lol:
Kt Templar wrote:I believe you are supposed to measure to here!

I know it looks a lot.
So two inches more would be perfect then! I'll tell that the Gemma asking what would they do to my jacket. I hope they can substitute the sleeves.
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

Kt Templar wrote:
erri_wan wrote: Don't know really. How do they make the sleeves longer? Don't do they have to change the sleeves completely?
I'm totally ignorant about tailoring and leather.
They have really big stretching machines, like "a rack", "No Dr Jones I expect you to die!"

Er... not really, I think they have to take off the sleeves and put new ones on.

See, the Jacket has got you talking to some Japanese tourists :tup: .

They take down the hem in the jacket. It depends on how much is up there to let down as to how much longer the jacket can be. Just like making pants longer.
Sometimes it leaves a mark. Maybe because the jacket is new, the mark hasn't formed yet. Also, it will leave little needle holes. Again, I would imagine these would be difficult to see on a new jacket.
Last edited by Prof. Ed on Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Erri, what do the sleeves measure and what exactly did you order? It's this sort of thing that gets me about Wested, they seem to take a casual attitude towards getting the detail of the order right the first time. Then everyone here seems to be so in awe of "who" made it that they'll tell you 'oh just send it back for a correction' like it's nothing unusual. I have no doubt that the folks at Wested will fix it and even put it ahead of others - that's great but man there seems to be alot of "oops" with getting the thing right the first time. Ok, maybe it's just me that thinks this is more common than it should be, I just can't understand it..you did send them an exact number..was it verified before the jacket was sent out is my question. I do love the Wested jacket though, I really do..heck I have two of them right now. Anyway yours looks great with the exception of the sleeve length, after it's corrected it'll be bad***!

Doug C
MonkeyBrains
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by MonkeyBrains »

erri, I think you should definitely send it back; in the second set of photos the sleeves definitely are too short, much shorter than mine and I reckon you're about right with adding an extra 2". I think the wrinkling has taken about 1/2" out of the length on mine after 2 weeks of wearing it as often as possible! :wink:
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

Doug C wrote:Erri, what do the sleeves measure and what exactly did you order? It's this sort of thing that gets me about Wested, they seem to take a casual attitude towards getting the detail of the order right the first time. Then everyone here seems to be so in awe of "who" made it that they'll tell you 'oh just send it back for a correction' like it's nothing unusual. I have no doubt that the folks at Wested will fix it and even put it ahead of others - that's great but man there seems to be alot of "oops" with getting the thing right the first time. Ok, maybe it's just me that thinks this is more common than it should be, I just can't understand it..you did send them an exact number..was it verified before the jacket was sent out is my question. I do love the Wested jacket though, I really do..heck I have two of them right now. Anyway yours looks great with the exception of the sleeve length, after it's corrected it'll be bad***!

Doug C

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that mine works out right.

I considered asking for a few extra inches just so I could get the sleeves fixed locally.

In the end I sent in what I wanted so I'm hoping to become a good statistic.

It seems to me that the sleeves are the easiest thing to mess up. Especially with the looming threat of shrinkage.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Doug C wrote:Erri, what do the sleeves measure and what exactly did you order? It's this sort of thing that gets me about Wested, they seem to take a casual attitude towards getting the detail of the order right the first time. Then everyone here seems to be so in awe of "who" made it that they'll tell you 'oh just send it back for a correction' like it's nothing unusual. I have no doubt that the folks at Wested will fix it and even put it ahead of others - that's great but man there seems to be alot of "oops" with getting the thing right the first time. Ok, maybe it's just me that thinks this is more common than it should be, I just can't understand it..you did send them an exact number..was it verified before the jacket was sent out is my question. I do love the Wested jacket though, I really do..heck I have two of them right now. Anyway yours looks great with the exception of the sleeve length, after it's corrected it'll be bad***!

Doug C
I don't have the answer to your dilemmas dear Doug but i understand your point!
The only thing i don't like is 20 pounds for shipping back the jacket :roll: that drives me crazy. I think it's so highpriced because they declare the exact price for insurance on the packet so we have to pay taxes of course... but 30 euro! :cry: I should start thinking to open a paypal account. Anyone who can help me please send me a PM because i know nothing of paypal.
MonkeyBrains
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by MonkeyBrains »

I just measured mine again and the shorter sleeves on mine were a mistake by me (luckily when I was measuring them after receiving the jacket, rather than when ordering). Turns out I somehow measured them wrong when I was checking their length and I was just being paranoid/standing funny when I was checking in the mirror! :roll: :oops:

erri, Paypal is pretty easy to set up if you have a credit card, but if you want to add a bank account you have to wait for about a week while they put small amounts of money into your account to confirm it's yours.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Ow i just solved the problem. I'll use the paypal account of a friend of mine so i can also pay Steve Delk :wink:
Zooey
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Post by Zooey »

What's the actual length of the sleeves, Erri? When I look at your order on page one, you specified 25". Assuming you are 5'8" like your order states, those sleeves don't look 25". Closer to 22.5".

I wonder if your request on the order page, "i would prefer the lenght to be 22.5 inches" got misinterpreted as the length of the sleeves and not the length of the jacket as you intended.

I would think if you added 2" to the 25" of the original order, you'd end up with sleeves way too long. I think adding 2" or 2.5" to 22.5", however, would probably end up being perfect.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Yes, they are not 25". Anyway to prevent any further mistakes i'll ask for 2 inches more, so 27. Gemma told me they will change the sleeves completely but i'll have to pay more than just the postage. Anyone already had this kind of experience? I thought any alteration was free! :evil:
GunstarBlue
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by GunstarBlue »

Just a thought here, Erri, but are they EXACTLY 22.5 inches? If so, then I think Zooey is right and they may have misunderstood what you meant in your special request form. If this is the case then the 27 inches will be 2 inches too long.
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

My sleeves on the regular fit are 24". Of course, the loose shoulder makes a little difference.
I would guess that 27" on your frame would make you look like you have monkey arms :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I measured 62cm when i stretch the leather, 61-61.5cm if not stretched.
62cm are a bit more than 24 inches so they are smaller than 25" anyway.
Well i'll deal with Gemma anyway when she will reply my email on monday :wink:
I will probably send the jacket back and pay for longer sleeves.

It seems i've not been lucky with wested jacket. All those delays and then a wrong measure... :roll:
Prof. Ed wrote:My sleeves on the regular fit are 24". Of course, the loose shoulder makes a little difference.
I would guess that 27" on your frame would make you look like you have monkey arms :wink:
But i DO have monkey arms :lol:
Last edited by Erri on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

:oops:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

:lol: don't worry Ed :wink: i was just saying that for a laugh, anyway it's partly true, i have long arms that's why M sizes usually dont fit me.. sleeves :roll: always them :roll: :roll:

but i'm so happy that their shirt fits me. I really love the wested shirt!!
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

I'm just teasing. I am sorry about all the trouble for you. In a way, I'm glad I bought a used piece and my wife was able to adjust the sleeves for me.
I want to get the pants that you have, but I'm a bit concerned.
By the way, what color did they actually come out in the daylight?

Prof. Ed
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Prof. Ed wrote: I want to get the pants that you have, but I'm a bit concerned.
By the way, what color did they actually come out in the daylight?

Prof. Ed
I'm very satisfied with the pants aswell. I just had them taylored (i ordered them 'unfinished')s o i don't know yet how do they look in the daylight but i'll post sooner or later a review of shirt and pants :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I just measured the sleeves properly and they are 61cm long... that means 24inches. Although i realize 25" would have been smaller anyway, i wouldnt have sent the jacket back only for an inch less!

2 inches more than the sleeves lenght i have here would be perfect for my arms lenght.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Are you going to ask for 26", 26 1/2" or 27"?
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Kt Templar wrote:Are you going to ask for 26", 26 1/2" or 27"?
Well 26" is my measure. I could eventually go for a 26.25" to prevent shortening for wrinkles. I explained everything to Gemma in an email. I think she'll reply on monday
Harrison_Davies
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Harrison_Davies »

I had the same issue. Sleeves too short...sent it back and they made a new jacket. Although it was my fault I measured wrongly.

Remember sleeve length is to the first knuckle just above your thumbnail.

Keep your arm and hand straight as you measure, and get someone to do the measuring.

Sounds hideously long, but thats the optimal measurement.

Regards,
Last edited by Harrison_Davies on Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

Harrison_Davies wrote:I had the same issue. Sleeves too short...sent it back and they made a new jacket. Although it was my fault I measured wrongly.

Remember sleeve length is to the first knuckle just above your thumbnail.

Keep your arm and hand straight as you measure, and get someone to do the measuring.

Sounds hideously long, but thats the optimal measurement.

Regards,
I just couldn't feel comfortable with my jacket that long. My sleeves are shortened to the end of the crease when you place your thumb and index finger side by side.
It seems plenty long, even when wearing a vest under the jacket. The jacket can be shortened to individual taste. It's making them longer that seems to cause the problems. :wink:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

erri_wan wrote:
Hemingway Jones wrote:erri,
Looks great, young man. Look how far you've come in just a short time! At some point, you should post your first gear picture side-by-side with your latest gear.
Well done.
HJ
A pic side-by-side? What do you mean exactly? :D
What I mean is place your first picture of you in gear beside one of you in your gear now. It would be quite a difference... No?

A word about sleeve length, I believe they should be a little long, if anything. In Raiders, Harrison's sleeves are pretty long. Longer sleeves provide more coverage, obviously, and look cooler when you raise your arms. There is nothing worse than when your sleeves slide up your forearms.
Masterfulks
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Masterfulks »

I just checked the measurements on my jacket and it's hard to tell how close it is.

The fit is perfect (my other topic has pics), but I'm trying to find where they measure the sleeve from.

I asked for 25 3/4" on the sleeve. It seems that the jacket is around 25" on the sleeve. Though it ends on my arm at the spot where I measured it to land.

Perhaps they allow for the shoulder of the jacket connecting to the sleeve to get to that end measurement. If that makes sense...

I'm 6'1" btw...
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

I think that TJS means before and after comparison pics.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I just made a deal with the kind Gemma. I'm going to send the jacket back today. Hopefully it will be back before Christmas. Anyway i don't care a lot of waiting now. I only want my jacket fixed. I'll have new sleeves, 27" long.
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

Wow! erri-,

I'll send you a banana and get you an old tire and chain to swing on. You agreed you have monkey arms.....now you are proving it! :P

I can't talk. My father always makes fun of me because I'm covered from top to bottom in hair. The only one in the family. He said a monkey scared my mother at the zoo while she was pregnant with me. :shock: :wink:

When you get your jacket you will have a happy Indy Christmas.

I'm waiting for the trousers. :lol: This will be for my Indy Hannukah!

Best,

Prof Ed ( a monkey's uncle)
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Railok »

Prof. Ed wrote: He said a monkey scared my mother at the zoo while she was pregnant with me.
:lol: Great Story Edman!

And for Erri, you have to help me with the translation of the WWII Comic Book you sended me!
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

Indy_Railok wrote:
Prof. Ed wrote: He said a monkey scared my mother at the zoo while she was pregnant with me.

And for Erri, you have to help me with the translation of the WWII Comic Book you sended me!
Thank you my young friend. The fun part is that it is something my family has laughed about for years.

What year are you in school? I taught 10-12 year olds for 30 years and then college the last 4.

Uncle Edman
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I only fear now putting it in a box because i don't want any long-bent marks on my lovely lamb leather!

PS railok send me what you need to know... or if you have a scanner send me the pages as jpg and i'll work for you :wink:

Very funny story Ed. Yes i have monkey arms but you wont notice it with the tapered sleeves 8)
The real Henry
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The real Henry »

:shock: !!!! (That's all I can say about those pics!)
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Railok »

Prof. Ed wrote:
Indy_Railok wrote:

Thank you my young friend. The fun part is that it is something my family has laughed about for years.

What year are you in school? I taught 10-12 year olds for 30 years and then college the last 4.

Uncle Edman
I'm in the 8th of 9th year of basic school.

Erri, i'll send it on the week.

Best Regards,
René.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

The real Henry wrote::shock: !!!! (That's all I can say about those pics!)
I hope it's in a good way :lol:
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I just came across this thread since I've been away for awhile, but I just wanted to say "Congrats" Erri on your new gear! :D I'm sorry to hear that the sleeves weren't the correct length for your new jacket. But, I'm sure Wested will do all that they can for you! Best wishes and enjoy your new gear my friend!

Kindest Regards,
Captain D
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Thanks for the compliments Capitan :D:D:D:D

I really love my jacket, with the new sleeves it will be perfect :)
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Gemma said... that the jacket will be shipped to me today! I think it will be here around wednesday or thursday :D :D :D

For the pleasure of the admin i'll keep posting news of my jacket in this tread without opening new others :P
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

IT'S BACK!!! IT'S BACK!!!!!!! I'll take some pics soon!!!!!!!!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

A BIG THANK YOU TO KT TEMPLAR who helped me a lot!!!! Thank you my friend

Image Image Image Image

The hat i'm wearing is pagey's hat which come back from a reblock
Lao Feng
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lao Feng »

Wow! What pics! It don't get better than that! Congrats!

PS-- What size? Which leather?
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Lao Feng wrote:Wow! What pics! It don't get better than that! Congrats!

PS-- What size? Which leather?
:D Authentic brown lambskin :wink: other info are in the first post of this tread :wink:
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

I'm sure Canyon will appreciate the stubble. ;)
Last Crusader
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Last Crusader »

This I call a perfect fit. Congrats erri! :clap:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

erri,
Awesome jacket and it fits you great! The hat looks great too. Your gear all goes together very well. :wink: :D
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

Awesome jacket and it fits you great! The hat looks great too. Your gear all goes together very well. :wink: :D
What he said 8)
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Thank you guys! :D:D:D:D

Now the jacket fits perfectly :D i'm very happy with it
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Prof. Ed wrote:
What he said 8)
What they said. :wink: :D
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Stunning! :tup:

Regards,
Swindiana
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Railok »

Lookin' Good Errico! :D

Best Regards from your favorite swede with your favorite name,
René.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Probably tomorrow i'll be able to take some outdoor pics 8)

Thank you René :D
Doug C
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Doug C »

Very nice Erri, and you know if it looks that good when new it will only get better when it settles and has been rained on a time or two. Looks great kid!

Doug C
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Much better! :tup: \:D/

Boy, you really have long arms, I think you should send one of those pics to Gemma to prove it!

Erri to take over from Andy Serkis for "Son of Kong"! 8)