Bah Homburg

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Bah Homburg

Post by schwammy »

I bought a Homburg on ebay, which hasn't arrived yet, and I'm wondering: is it possible to bash a homburg into a fedora and wear it that way without altering the bound brim edge? I think Fedora said he bought an HJ Homburg but altered it by removing that ribbon. Contrary to conventional wisdom, I kind of enjoy a good bound brim now and again.
Fedora
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Fedora »

Sure! The homburg block mades a dandy fedora. Even with the bound brim. :D :wink: regards, Fedora
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

The make GREAT derby's too! Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Can you show us the ebay link?
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Before anyone asks, yes, he can, since HE was the one who purchased the hat.

So if you still have the link, please post it! :D

Regards!

Michaelson
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Fedora wrote:Sure! The homburg block mades a dandy fedora. Even with the bound brim. :D :wink: regards, Fedora
Someone needs to sneek in and replace Fedoras blocks with some blocks with style! Maybe a porkpie, or a top hat... :wink: :D
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

Well, yes, I can post the link, but I'm really annoyed now because the hats (two of them) arrived, and they're not even close to the right size. She said size 62, when in fact they're size 58. I'm guessing she measured around the outside of the brim, rather than the inside. I sent her an email but she hasn't replied. Not good.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Well wait till getting worried for no replies. Add her to your favourite sellers so you know if she puts new objects.

Shame for the size, well you should be able to send them back or put them for sale, maybe someone would be interested :wink: