Indy knives?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Indy knives?

Post by Prof. Ed »

I really like knives and am drawn to the one that was posted for sale. Any other of you nice folks into knives?
Do you own any Indy blades?
I'm just chock full of questions! My wife just thinks I'm full of it-PERIOD
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Do I have any knives? :roll: :wink: I have a Hubertus lock blade that I (and many others) believe to be the pocket knife Indy used in Raiders. In addition to that I have many other knives. I never go hiking without one. Back home I carry a large bowie with me while hiking. When in more civilized place (state parks, etc.) I carry a large folding knife that fits nicely into a pocket. (for some reason a man carrying a .45 and a large knife scares people. :-s )
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

My son-in-law is a master of the guild blacksmith in armor and edged weapons. He and my daughter work renn faires in Texas (there now) and Arizonia (more in the near future), so I see custom knives all the time.

Regards! Michaelson
The Aviator
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by The Aviator »

I like Knives O:) :twisted:

I had a small wooden one with brass sides and a mahogony handle, lost it on a camping expidition last summer....wouldnt mind an indy one.
wolf2hawks
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by wolf2hawks »

I used to be involved in search and rescue work(as closed to an adventure as I could get) and over about several years I carried several different knives including:
Camillus Marine K-Bar
Eight Dollar Mt. Foundry Smatchet
2 Different Models of Spydercos(Endura and Mariner models)
Blackjack 1-7(made down the road in Effingham IL
And finally a custom made 5 1/2 inch bladed rescue knife made from ball bearing metal from Burr Oak knives.
My rescue gear and pack was probably worth about 1000 bucks but most of it was in knives.(And no, I didn't carry all these at the same time, but I usually had at least three different blades on me.). Any of these knives I would gladly carry on an Indy adventure.
Indiana Kev
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indiana Kev »

I have a knife I got while in the boyscouts years ago but I tend to carry around a gerber knife I got a kmart, I sure would like to know where to get the knife that is believed to be the one in Raiders - Kev
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

What do you guys think of Masters of Defense knives?
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

MOD have their place. Considered to be a good knife. If you want a knife that is made for SEALS,etc. Check out Strider Knives. These are made by retired spec.-ops guys.
For wonderful pocket knives you need to look at Chris Reeve Knives. The Sebenza is super as is the Mnandi. These are considered production knives, but have the quality of a handmade. Certainly not inexpensive. S30v steel which is the best, presently.
My EDC (every day carry) is either a Strider PT, Sebenza, or Mnandi. For the money, I love Swiss Army by Victorinox. They make a small knife with a built in jump drive for the computer which is great on your key chain.
I don't have funds to purchase good knives at the moment, so I do a little trading or selling to keep things interesting.
I definitely want a Hubertus like you guys have!
I have the Young Indy pocket knife with the box. It makes me feel like a little kid again seeing that knife. A "Fountain of Youth", if you will:)
For those of you that want to carry a small knife under your shirt to help keep your pockets from being too stuffed. Look at the Simonich Bitteroot neck knife. Made of a super metal called Talonite. Fantastic stuff. Simonich was killed in a car crash last year and these little knives were finished by the Strider guys and handed over to BladeArt in Florida. They have a few left.
Well, here was my monograph on knives. I'll quiz you soon:)

Best regards,

Prof. Ed
Heliograph
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Heliograph »

A Cold Steel Voyageur 3" plain tanto point blade in a leather pocket holster suits me just fine most of the time when I don't have to go through metal detectors.

With formal wear, a Cold Steel Safekeeper III push dagger in an ankle holster, just to make me feel stylish like Bond, James Bond, maybe or Athelstan King.

Then I've got this Swiss Army army knife and this Mauser brand swiss army knife and...
Last edited by Heliograph on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderquack
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by thunderquack »

Knives.....knives...... let's see here, I have my USMC Kbar, M1 bayonet, Philippine bolo, and ""my ever present friend and companion, the Camillus USMC "campers" knife. I also have a few swords, tomahawks, and assorted edged things.
LeatherneckJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by LeatherneckJones »

I have the Young Indy pocket knife with the box. It makes me feel like a little kid again seeing that knife.
Is that the one with the morse code on one side? I used to have that one, too, but lost it many years ago on a hiking trip out west. I haven't been able to find one since... good times, though!

I, too, have a trusty Marine Corps KaBar, as well as the Indiana Jones Khyber Bowie Knife...
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

Yep, that is the one. Morse Code on the side. Ebay has them every now and again.

Prof. Ed
wolf2hawks
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by wolf2hawks »

Another good series of knives are the ones made by Columbia River(CRKT). Almost forgot about the Companion knife they make. Just went to Wally-world(Wal-Mart) and put three of their M16-13 series knives on lay-a-way for about 29.95 a piece. Good Knives for the price.
Prof. Ed
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Prof. Ed »

CRKT has really come out with a wide variety of knives. The prices run from low to fairly high.
I've never bought a knife at Wally World. I think it is kind of comical that the knife display case has only pictures of the knives.
I suppose they come in handy if you need to protect yourself from a picture of a bad guy!!!:)
Floribama Steve
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Floribama Steve »

Another K-Bar USMC knife devotee over here. 8)

For everyday use I have a 3" blade pocketknife that I picked up cheap at a pawn shop. Good knife for civilian implementation.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I prefer the Buck Cocobola Special for an Indy adventure knife. The United Cutlery IJ Khyber Bowie is cool-looking, but too large to be a practical carrier knife.