A message to all UK hat fans

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Vannevar
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

A message to all UK hat fans

Post by Vannevar »

Hey guys, I was in the process of sending my hat out to the USA on monday and today royal mail sent it back. They said it was too big to be sent overseas.

Yeah, thats what I thought. I probably thought it a lot worse.

So, not only have 18 dollars been wasted but also a week. Same box Fedora sent it to me in (its being sent back because its a tad to tight, nothing that cant be fixed). So. I have no idea why royal mail has found my hat in its box to be insurmountable. I wasnt exactly shipping lead or gold. But there you go. I phoned them up and they said its dimensions cant exceed 900 mil (L + W + D). Nobody decided to tell me at the counter when I gave them money to post it. He reccomended I use Parcelforce. First time royal mail has reccomended the competition to me.

Thought I'd let you UK gearheads know the score.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Hi Van,

Parcel Force is the courier part of Post Office Group. They hit you twice for delivery this way!

I used to help out in a book shop that used them a bit in the nineties, though we used to call them Parcel Farce, maybe they've got better these days.

KT
GrailHunter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GrailHunter »

I post things out from the UK on a daily basis that are much bigger than that. I can't believe they gave you that BS. I only sent out a parcel the same size yesterday, no problem - I'd get back to them and get an explanation. What you have been told is false.
Vannevar
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Vannevar »

Oh right. I thought they were different. Why couldnt they just give the parcel to them then ? :P
Vannevar
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Vannevar »

Deval wrote:I post things out from the UK on a daily basis that are much bigger than that. I can't believe they gave you that BS. I only sent out a parcel the same size yesterday, no problem - I'd get back to them and get an explanation. What you have been told is false.
I agree it is BS. They also refused to refund my money. I dont know what else I can do.