I found a Close Shirt cheep PICS

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Ghost
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

I found a Close Shirt cheep PICS

Post by Ghost »

I was at Dllards today and found this shirt it's Roundtree and York good quality...very close and the sleeves have this cool roll up tab you can button. it just would need the sholder loops and the breast fabric. It already has it on the pockets so you could do this cheep...
And the magic price is 24.95 (on sale)

But how do I put images in? Do i have to upload them somewhere??? And then link it? I got nowhere to do this! little help!![/img]
Last edited by Ghost on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Try imageshack.us
Go to browse, find the pick, upload it, and copy the url and paste it into your post. Hit preview to make sure it is right. :wink:
Ghost
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Ghost »

like this :)

J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Thats a nice looking shirt! 8)
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Ghost wrote:like this :)
Well done! A very nice shirt indeed. It reminds me of the WalMart shirt.
Ghost
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

yep!

Post by Ghost »

It's close to the Wal-mart shirt but it's a VERY good quality they have 3 or 4 colors (some darker). This one is lighter then the pics the collar is a bit bigger as well…
Nicht Storen
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Nicht Storen »

That is a nice-looking shirt, however, I did not see it on Dillard's website. Are there any other details you can give? Do they call it a safari shirt? What's the fabric? Thanks for all the info.
Ghost
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

info...

Post by Ghost »

it's a Roundtree & Yorke

100% cotten
called Roll Sleeve
the color is String

the tag info says this....
f55wr680
DEPT# 0566
MIC# 446
GRP RLS
sku?>090122620415

hope this helps :D
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

OH, man :roll: . I posted about this shirt MANY weeks ago! It's just on clearance now! I did return mine at original price and got it cheaper a few weeks ago. :wink:

link

viewtopic.php?t=13306&highlight=dillards+shirt

since nobody reads my posts, you probably missed out. :?

have a nice day
Ghost
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

hmmm read the post right :)

Post by Ghost »

This is NOT a Murano shirt there is no weird stitching. It is a ROUNDTREE AND YORKE please read the post and maybe you will not miss out… :shock:
The quality is much better... and what’s with that red stitching? *puke* None of that here I just bought a few extra and a local tailor said he'd charge me 15$ to put on the shoulder loops and front pleat!
This shirt has buttons on the pockets and they look right not like they are sewn in after...
:lol:
keep smiling!
-Ghost
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

My bad, Ghost! apologies! :wink: Roundtree and Yorke are great! I have a safari shirt of theirs I got a couple years ago. The older model already has the eppaulettes.

have a nice day.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Texas Raider wrote:My bad, Ghost! apologies! :wink: Roundtree and Yorke are great! I have a safari shirt of theirs I got a couple years ago. The older model already has the eppaulettes.

have a nice day.
Now THAT would be neat to see, if that older shirt were still available...I'm assuming it isn't, though, or it would have popped up. Too bad...that shirt w/ epaulettes would be about as close as it gets without being INTENTIONALLY Indy.

J
Ghost
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

yea!

Post by Ghost »

No worries Raider!

-Ghost
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

Now that I look at the pic closer, I did see this shirt at Dillards. REALLY nice weight of material, but the lack of eppaulettes turned me away from it. They have it in several colors, too.

have a nice day.
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Railok »

Looks like my Cabela's but with different Buttons.
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

I was in Dillard's today and picked up one of these in the green color. They really are nice shirts and very, very lightweight! Perfect for warm/hot days. The cotton is just like found on the typical white dress shirt - which is lighter than the Cabela's.

I also found these pants:
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 4&R=MP-087

The color of "saddle" is very close in color to my wested trousers. I know everyone keeps waiting for them to bring back the Llbean Chinos in Taupe, but I'd say these are just as good and for $25 it's a steal. They have flap pockets and are 100% cotton. The picture shows a front coin pocket, but the ones in the store (I think) didn't have it. Maybe someone can verify that for us. For anyone looking for a cheap pair of Indy pants, I think these are the best deal around right now.

So if you're off to get the shirt, make sure to check out these pants too. It's off to Dillard's for gear! (I will also say that they have a leather jacket made my Roundtree & York that looks exactly like the one worn by Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds.)
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

That link isn't working for me, but if it is the pants I'm thinking of (Timber Creek, or something like that) these are another pair of my go-to pants. The colors aren't too bad, I go with brown, the others are a little too 'khaki' colored. The brown isn't quite right , either, but it works for me.

As for the jacket, it is pretty nice, but not quite like the 'hero' jacket from War of the Worlds. Just a 'close enogh'

dillards is black, hero is brown.

have a nice day.
Last edited by Texas Raider on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Texas Jones wrote:The color of "saddle" is very close in color to my wested trousers.
Saddle, really? From that 'alternate view' I would have picked Basil!

Thanks for the link, TJ. :D (And glad to see you around. ;))

J
Harrison_Davies
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Harrison_Davies »

No fair..I want a Dillards in my country :(
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

We'll get right on that , Harrison! :wink: As long as you get a 'Wested Leather of London' over here!

have a nice day.
gmarthe
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by gmarthe »

Hey Ghost thanks for the tip - I just found one one the clearance rack at my local Dillards for $9.90. Not a Magnoli but for the price you can't beat it.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

As long as were on the subject of alternative shirts at cheaper prices...

I found this shirt a while ago.

http://www.wearguard.com/style.html?### ... &style=105#

It comes in different colors and you can view what the shirt looks like in those colors using the picture viewer.

Now the pockets aren't pleated but it does have epaulets and they do go all the way across the shoulders. I have noticed that my Cabela's doesn't.

I'm thinking about ordering one of these shirts in white.

I know Indy's was an "off white" but it's not really an issue with me. I like my Cabela's shirt but I'm not totally happy with the Stone color. To me Indy's shirt was just white and that color contrasts better with the color of my pants.

PITFALL
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

if i was doing a TOD ripped shirt indy, i would def buy that shirt. Looks very close, and better than the cabellas. Im sure it fits alot tighter too, which is a problem trying to get with most shirts.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Now here's a thought about this shirt.

Image[/quote]

Couldn't you take the rolled up sleeve fasteners off and attach them to the shoulders to make the epaulets?

PITFALL
Indakin
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Indakin »

hey man nice pics, why dont u tell us what shirt that is too :wink: I agree, that def might work to remove the sleeve holders and use them. That shirt looks very nice, and its got acturate looking pocket flaps, with the pleats. Telll me what it issssssssss! :lol:
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

That's the pic of Ghost's shirt he bought from this place called Dillards. I was just using it to show that it would be pretty easy to remove the sleeve holders and re-attach them to the shoulders to make the epaulets.

I went to the website but I didn't see it on there. I'm guessing since it's on clearance that Ghost "lucked out" when he bought that shirt.

The other link to the shirt I may buy doesn't have the pocket pleats but that's not much of a concern to me. My main thing is having a white color and the right style epaulets on the shoulders.

PITFALL
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

Texas Raider wrote:As for the jacket, it is pretty nice, but not quite like the 'hero' jacket from War of the Worlds. Just a 'close enogh'
I wondered why those type jackets were showing up in stores. I thought they were Leathal Weapon knock offs coming back. (haven't seen WotW yet so i didn't know)
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Back to the subject of shirts...

Here is a pic of the shirt I'm planning on buying, it's $25. The pockets aren't exact but the epualets are what I was looking for and these go all the way across the shoulder. Plus, I wanted just basic white.

Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

Just to let you guys know. I ordered the white shirt posted right above this message today.

It should be here by next week. I will post pics of it as soon as I can.....unless I don't like it right out of the box then I'll send it back.
Pitfall Harry
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Pitfall Harry »

I may do something like that down the road. I hoping the shirt arrives at my door looking the same as the photo. I'm also hoping it doesn't balloon out like the Cabela's shirt does in the mid-section.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess.
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Pitfall Harry wrote:I'm also hoping it doesn't balloon out like the Cabela's shirt does in the mid-section.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess.
ALL my shirts balloon out in the mid section.....hmmm. :-k :P
'Blues