Support group for people waiting for jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Cromeens »

saturday mornings here still no jacket, how come nevrwhere got his and I still haven't gotten mine, my order was like 11 jackets ahead of his.It better come today or I'll have to wait till monday :evil:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Jack Flanders wrote:I said it before and I'll say it again. If you want your jacket to get there sooner, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. [-(
Hahahahaha...THERE you are, Jack! Ladies and gentlemen, all you newcomers, Jack has the ennui and angst of jacket-wait down to a science. (Don't drink from his bottle, though.) ;)

Good to see you around, Jack. :D

J
Indiana Cromeens wrote:saturday mornings here still no jacket, how come nevrwhere got his and I still haven't gotten mine, my order was like 11 jackets ahead of his.It better come today or I'll have to wait till monday :evil:
Seriously, they are NOT done in the order they are...uh...ordered. They are done in the order that makes sense within the shop. From what I've gathered here, you can't compare one order number to another.
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

Man I'm about to go crazy waiting for this jacket too. Not getting a confirmation email in so long just keeps me up at night sometimes. :shock: :lol:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

nevrwhere wrote:That's why you are the knower of things Michaelson. You were spont on with the timing! Nobody s happier about you being right than me.
:wink: :D

High regards! Michaelson
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

tuesday still no jacket, wested said they shipped it on the 4th however nothing arrived. the anxiety has calmed down. I get exicted when I wake up but am not surprised when it doesn't come. Working on my jedi patience
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

I am pretty much excited until 5:00 when I get out of the office, amd get home, when nothing is there, the dissapointment is no longer there. Mine was sent off on the fourth as well. This is my sencond time waiting for a jacket, andit gets easier i think, I have to replace all my gearafter a flood in my basement soaked through everything, the jacket might be salvageable, but my whip is history. Illininois
Dre
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dre »

IllinoisJones wrote:I am pretty much excited until 5:00 when I get out of the office, amd get home, when nothing is there, the dissapointment is no longer there. Mine was sent off on the fourth as well. This is my sencond time waiting for a jacket, andit gets easier i think, I have to replace all my gearafter a flood in my basement soaked through everything, the jacket might be salvageable, but my whip is history. Illininois
#### that ***** =( sorry to hear it man.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

More helpful than my Magic 8 Ball. ("Ask again later.")

Sorry to hear about the flooding...that *****. You really lost ALL your gear? Nothing was up any higher?
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

No, everything was packed up for the move.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

I don't like the fortune telling chia-pet's answer can it speed up the space time continuim to make it like tomorrow. I beseech the power of the chia-pet.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

ha ha, its in new york going through customs, its finally in the US. the day draws near. I'm almost in the clear.
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

yes, but customs can take a very long time. Illinois
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

AHHHHHHHH! don't jinks me, oh well I'm just happy its in the country
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

I am too, I got worried when it dissapeared for like 9 days. (mine at least.) Illinois
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

I'm the same way for like nine days as well it said it was at the international hub, I was starting to wonder if it would ever get back to the US
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

The wait does feel easier knowing where it is though, if only there was an expected delivery date. Illinois.
Skippy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Riding the Mongolian steppes......or London, England.

Post by Skippy »

IllinoisJones wrote:yes, but customs can take a very long time. Illinois
That would be all the unpicking of the stitching they do to check for drugs.
Dre
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dre »

I might be gullible...but are you guys serious about checking for drugs in clothing by undoing stitching?

i think you're joking...but as i said...i can be quite gullible sometimes!
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

No, completely serious. You can fit a good few ounces in the ribbing along the sleeves and across the back. So much so it it's called Afgan Piping.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

well I hope they haven't screwed up my jacket, its past customs and on its way to a delivery depot. Sonn we will have all the shankra stones and the thugee will be all powerful.
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

Aw so help me if customes tears apart my new jacket I'll be pi$$ed after all this. If there is even so much as a snag in the linning heads will roll!!

Not so Cheery,
Jeff :wink:
Skippy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Riding the Mongolian steppes......or London, England.

Post by Skippy »

LMFAO :lol:
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

Back to the support here.... I talked to Gemma early this morning and also sent in a new order. It was getting a little confusing for both so starting from scratch was the best option. Funny thing, I originally sent in a back length measurement of 24 inches and their 44 reg is 25.25. I think the tailor was off cause the sleeves were also an inch short. One sad thing is they cannot cut down the collar so it looks like I’m stuck with the wings. :x Now the long wait (I hope not)

Cheers,
Jeff
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

hang in there gobler, remember I'm still waiting for mine the first time and if it doesn't fit than I'll be where you are now. got my fingers crossed, for the both of us man
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

It is no fun though to have it in your hands and have to send it back, then you have seen it and waited, now you have to wait so much longer. Illinois.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

well I'm going on two months here, still no jacket. halloweens on monday and I don't have a jacket :( . I wonder when it will come, Its almost like it never will at all, pretty much everybody else has theirs and I'm the last one. left out in the cold with no jacket...####.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Don't feel bad, some of us have been there. Mine arrived on Nov 1 last year. ](*,)

Just get ready to go in Cairo gear, and if it shows up, bonus. If not, you just have a beautiful perfect custom jacket for the winter...gosh... ;)
Dre
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dre »

actually after i got my jacket back from customs the back panel seemed a little stretched in some places on the sides. and they havent quite recovered after a couple of months...

Is this some damage customs have done? too late to get them to get a new one now =(
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

We don't have customs like that here so far as I can tell...are you sure it was damaged? Perhaps posting a pic here so we can help you determine what if anything is wrong...?
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Indiana_Tone wrote:
Have you talked to Wested about the status of the jacket? Did you get the shipment confirmation email? What hide was it anyway?

Do they send you an email when the jacket is shipped away?
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Does anyone know why Wested seems particularly busy right now. Is it Just the Halloween rush or are there film commitments?

Anyone have any inside knowledge?
(PM if sworn to secrecy!)
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I'd say its because winter is close at hand.
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

I just recived an e-mail from Gemma. They have cut my jacket but there is a line of jackets waiting for the machine. They are very busy at this time. No jacket for Halloween :( So I go as Cairo indy brrrrr. Hope I hav it by the QM [-o<

Cheers,
Jeff
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Indiana tone wrote:Have you talked to Wested about the status of the jacket? Did you get the shipment confirmation email? What hide was it anyway?

they gave me a confirmation number a while ago, my jacket got through customs and for the past week or so has said that it was held after an attempted delivery to a delivery depot in the us? It was dark brown lambskin, I never got a confirmation e-mail, I e-mailed them and they said it had shipped and gave me my tracking number, If I knew who to call about my jacket I woud call them but I have no idea where it is right now, somewhere in the continental US.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Kt Templar wrote:Does anyone know why Wested seems particularly busy right now. Is it Just the Halloween rush or are there film commitments?

Anyone have any inside knowledge?
(PM if sworn to secrecy!)
I do NOT have insider info...but LAST YEAR I did. ;)

Last year Gerry (I don't ever hear about her anymore, I think Gemma handles all the correspondence now) indicated that they got not only an increase of orders in October, but a vast percentage of those all request delivery by Halloween...argh...and still a fair number by the QM. So they are HOPPING at this point.

Now add in the cooling weather, and the folks who are smart enough to order in advance for Christmas, and you basically have Wested getting nuked in Oct-Nov. And they handle it, God bless them.
LeatherneckJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by LeatherneckJones »

I just ordered my second Wested yesterday. My first I ordered in 1999, and it was a dark brown lamb. I've gained a few pounds and outgrown it, but it served me faithfully for 6 years, and looks almost as new as the day I received it ! ! ! So, I once again patiently wait for my new Wested! I think it was Jerry I spoke to, who said turnaround at this point is 10 - 14 days... by the way, Jerry said he had an authentic brown Temple of Doom goatskin, size 40 reg., that he had sitting around the shop, ready for immediate dispatch, if anyone is interested... it would have been mine, but for the fact that I wanted mine in dark brown... :wink:
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

hopefully indy tone, in the mean time I'm glad I have you guys to keep me sane. still waiting......
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

well, got alittle good news, just got in contact with Bernie Wojcicki, he's ready to make my whip.Its something nice to keep my mind off my jacket slowly eeking its way through the postal system, I have a felling they'll both show up about the same time.anyways I had a good enough jacket and a whip that some one lent me that looked okay if I hid it behind my MKVII. It worked for me, good thing there were no COW members out there, I would've been ashamed of myself for impersonating the man with the hat in nothing less than some screen accurate digs.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

yes! talk about perfect timing, it showed up on halloween day, I'm outs boy's, thanks for all the support and pics will be coming soon to a thread near you
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Glad it worked out for you, my man. 8)

(PSST! Pay it forward...you get to reassure the NEXT guy...just don't rub it in that yours arrived JUST IN TIME, though. ;))
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

I'm sorry IJ, where are my manners, the lesson here is that the longer you have to wait to own a wested, the more giddy like a little school girl you become when it shows up on your doorstep. And let me also comfort all that still wait, It was totally worth the wait. that last stretch was the worst but then out of nowhere when you've given up hope and you think its lost forever in transit it magically appears.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

OOh, nice save! Very diplomatic. 8) :wink:
J
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

well now I can join the wested support group as I just placed an order for my first wested.though it hasnt hit me yet, Im sure in a couple weeks Ill start having nightmares about my jacket being lost or it being mangled in customs.actually im in no real rush for it to arrive because I wont be able to wear it until christmas but atleast I will get to try it on to make sure it fits right. but then its back in to the box until christmas. so it looks like you have another gear head waiting for his wested. 8)
Best regards,
Joe
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Indiana Williams wrote:but then its back in to the box until christmas.
THAT...is going to be the HARD PART. ;)
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

Indiana Jerry wrote:
Indiana Williams wrote:but then its back in to the box until christmas.
THAT...is going to be the HARD PART. ;)
Yeah, I know.Thats why Im going to get pics of my wearing it so when I get bummed out, I can look at my pics :wink:
- Joe