Support group for people waiting for jackets

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Support group for people waiting for jackets

Post by nevrwhere »

Any chance we can get a support group going for those of us waiting for their jackets to arrive? I don't know about anyone else but the wait is killing me! I check my email all the time to see if I received anything from Wested. I can only imagine what it feels like to have to send it back for alterations. I'm thinking we need a hotline or a 1-800 number or something.
Glurrk
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Glurrk »

A 12-step program or something? :) :wink:

(Hang in there. When I was waiting for my cotton Raiders jacket, the delivery was made- but I wasn't home- so it got sent back to the Post Office. I had to wait 'til the morning to run & get it myself!) :lol:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Sorry for the little hi-jack, i hope you dont mind.

Could i ask you after you fill the order from their website ... what happen then??
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

I'm about to order a Wested soon and I'm probably going to just go crazy every day at school and work waiting for it.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Support group for people waiting for jackets

Post by Kt Templar »

nevrwhere wrote:Any chance we can get a support group going for those of us waiting for their jackets to arrive? I don't know about anyone else but the wait is killing me! I check my email all the time to see if I received anything from Wested. I can only imagine what it feels like to have to send it back for alterations. I'm thinking we need a hotline or a 1-800 number or something.
Isn‘t that the whole of the leather jacket section here at COW?

Be calm, young padawan, your jacket will be here soon enough. :wink:
Don't Call Me Junior
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Don't Call Me Junior »

I'm waiting for my jacket to. I just try not to think about it too much and play with my other indy gear and watch the movies.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indiana Cromeens »

I'm dying myself, mine should be here today or tomorrow, earliest would've been yesterday. I'm good most of the time but every now and then my anxiety gets the best of me. I NEED MY JACKET MAN!!
GrailHunter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by GrailHunter »

erri_wan wrote:Sorry for the little hi-jack, i hope you dont mind.

Could i ask you after you fill the order from their website ... what happen then??
The long and lonely wait for an email off Gemma...
IndyK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyK »

I was about to suggest a group called COW (Coming Owners of Wested's) but the title was allready taken. :D

Cheers
TCARTPILOT
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by TCARTPILOT »

I HAD IT......RIGHT HERE IN MY HOT LITTLE HANDS.......then had to send it back for a minor alteration. Now waiting for the second time. Just got an email from Gemma that they received it and are working on it but nothing specific on how long.

OH THE HUMANITY.......

Tcart
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

I imagine it's worse when you need to send it back to get it altered. I feel for you, Tcart. I ordered mine going on three weeks ago and I am dying. I hope to God I don't need anything adjusted.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

These threads pop up yearly...because once in a great while something goes afoul and the thread lasts a year. :shock: Usually some sort of goat famine or something...keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Try researching other gear - or better yet, props! That will certainly pass the time. You could even start a grail diary and see how far you get before your jacket arrives. Worst thing you can do is fixate on the jacket. ;) TRUST ME!

(I'm currently trying not to fixate on the AdventureBilt I ordered...argh...darn it, hadn't thought about it for 15 minutes...that might be a record...the medication is working!;))
IndyK
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndyK »

nevrwhere wrote: I hope to God I don't need anything adjusted.
I felt exactly that way when I ordered my Aldens, my hats, my shirts etc. Maybe it's a general thing when not being face to face with the product You're buying.

How about: "COW - Clothing Order Worriers"? D...! Again trouble with the names...

Cheers
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

Jerry-
I haven't even considered ordering the hat yet, I was stuck on the jacket. Now you bring the hat up, I'm thinking it is the next thing I'll be stressing over. Man, I don't need anything else to worry about.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Clothes Ordinary Worryings?
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

my jacket and whip are the longest so far has far as waiting is concerned
Its been twenty two days since my jacket was ordered and I still have to wait a month for my whip. This has been the longest stretch by far, I even ordered a prop gun to ease my pain but that came quick and didn't ease me at all. not to mention the nightmares about it coming and not fitting right I tell you I can't take it I'm going mad!!! I've got acetone leather lotion and a wood hanger that is so lonely oh well tomorrow and tomorrow and....
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

I am at 19 days so your's will be on it's way prior to mine more than likely. Do you have your order number? Mine was 4703, I think.
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

I know its tough guys, but let me give you some perspective - at least they have the materials to make your jacket on hand. I waited a cool 6 months for my TOD and then had to put it up for the summer 2 weeks after I got it. You'll be fine :tup:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Right - if nothing else, please defer to Bjones as the de facto lead of your support group...he spent a LONG time waiting for his stalking horse. ;)

Oh, and Jack Flanders...where is JACK? Doesn't he hold the RECORD?
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

What did jack order anyway? I remember he was waiting for his jacket about the sametime I was getting mine.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

I thought it was a specific type of goat...and there were several hide problems. But Wested stayed on top of it, and wouldn't make the jacket until they got superior hides. (Goat drought? Goat dwarfs? Something like that...)
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

Indiana Jerry wrote:I thought it was a specific type of goat...and there were several hide problems. But Wested stayed on top of it, and wouldn't make the jacket until they got superior hides. (Goat drought? Goat dwarfs? Something like that...)
Its one of those things that you THINK you will be happy if comes sooner, but if Wested sacrificed ANY quality for speed, you would be unhappy anyways. I would rather wait and go for quality than scratch the itch. I think wested knows this, and they are held in high regard because of it. Part of the difficulty is that you pay for something you don't get to touch right away. :wink:
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Exactly, A Man Called Horse (forgot about that ;))

But boy, it sure is good to touch it when you get it. :shock:

:oops: This is getting weird now, so I'll stop right there. If you enjoy touching your Wested, please, DON'T post a picture. [-X
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

Nice, just spit coffee on my monitor at work because of the previous post. Funny as #### though.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

nevrwhere wrote:Nice, just spit coffee on my monitor at work because of the previous post. Funny as #### though.
Woohoo! \:D/ My work is done here... :twisted:
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

Indiana Jerry wrote:
nevrwhere wrote:Nice, just spit coffee on my monitor at work because of the previous post. Funny as #### though.
Woohoo! \:D/ My work is done here... :twisted:
Living up to your "Scoundrel" moniker :D
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Indiana Jerry wrote:I thought it was a specific type of goat...and there were several hide problems. But Wested stayed on top of it, and wouldn't make the jacket until they got superior hides. (Goat drought? Goat dwarfs? Something like that...)
Yea, I ordered an Authetic brown goat. Peter was having a hard time finding quality hide. As I remember, he refused several shipments. The total wait was about 3 months for me.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

J_Weaver wrote:
Yea, I ordered an Authetic brown goat. Peter was having a hard time finding quality hide. As I remember, he refused several shipments. The total wait was about 3 months for me.
Three months!! Holy smoke!!!!
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

neverwhere, my number is 4692, your in the anyday boat like me its day 24 here. and I definitelyam relaxed now that I know that some have waited small eternities for theirs, just hope I don't have to wait anymore
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

Well I had to ship my jacket back the next day...They still have not recived it as of today. I had to go on my camping trip without and BOY did I need it, it was cold. I have the new pants frome wested and I just recived the Todds holster and web belts so a little of my anxioty is lifted. My real concern is I have it by Nov but I'm confedent that Peter will see to it.

Cheers,
Jeff
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

I emailed Gemma, who said they were very busy, and she said my jacket had already shipped. I checked the tracking number and I was very excited to hear it is in NY. Now I am wondering how long I will be waiting because it is so very close!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

If it's cleared customs, I'd not be a bit surprised if it's in Cleveland tomorrow or Saturday a.m., considering it's so close to you, being in NYC.

Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Just ordered my Wested jacket (+ pants and shirt)... now i have to be supported aswell :lol:
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

:lol: erri I just ordered my Wested jacket too! I guess we're both in this now! :lol:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Colby wrote::lol: erri I just ordered my Wested jacket too! I guess we're both in this now! :lol:
a WARM HUG TO YOU :lol:
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

Well my jacket seemed to be on it's way pretty quick, so I don't think you guys will be waiting too long. Wested seems to have a whole lot of giddyup in their system.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

nevrwhere wrote:Well my jacket seemed to be on it's way pretty quick, so I don't think you guys will be waiting too long. Wested seems to have a whole lot of giddyup in their system.
I think it's impossible it can arrive for 29th of this month well anyway i'll have it sooner or later :D
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

well if yours is in new york nevrwhere then mine must be even closer than that, I hope tomorrows the day. its starting to get cold outside and I could sure use my jacket right now.
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

Is it really getting cold down in the west Texas town of El Paso? Remember, I live in Cleveland so we might have very different ideas about cold.
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

Cold for me here in Mississippi is around mid 50's and lower due to the humidity it gets "wet" cold. Blah
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

I'm in chicago, and anything under 68 is cold for me.
Indiana Cromeens
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Its not really that cold it just went instantly from 100 degree heat to the 50's. It's not that bad. still makes me want my jacket even more though
IllinoisJones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IllinoisJones »

Dropped here very suddenly as well, not as severe thoug, more like 70's 80's, then I really needed to wear my jacket.
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

Indiana Cromeens wrote:Its not really that cold it just went instantly from 100 degree heat to the 50's. It's not that bad. still makes me want my jacket even more though
Thats what just happened here today, I wonder why it got so cold and windy all the sudden. :-k I kinda hope its this temp when I get my jacket.
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

I hate Fahrenheit scale!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
:lol:
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

Okay, I can officially leave the support group now. It has ARRIVED!!!! How wonderful! The leather is beautiful, the quality beyond reproach, and it looks great! I will try and get some pics up ASAP but man am I happy!!!!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

See. Told you it would be this week. :wink:

Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

nevrwhere wrote:Okay, I can officially leave the support group now. It has ARRIVED!!!! How wonderful! The leather is beautiful, the quality beyond reproach, and it looks great! I will try and get some pics up ASAP but man am I happy!!!!
PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS :D
nevrwhere
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by nevrwhere »

That's why you are the knower of things Michaelson. You were spont on with the timing! Nobody s happier about you being right than me.
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

I said it before and I'll say it again. If you want your jacket to get there sooner, STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. [-(