Hey Guys!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

KALEL114
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

Hey Guys!

Post by KALEL114 »

I just joined but have been a fan of this site for a while. I did not want to join until I had enough gear to justify my joining. I have to admit I had no idea there was so many people out there that enjoyed the Indiana Jones movies as much as me. In fact I didn't even no about Wested or Aldens until I stumbled upon this site. So here is my modest list of gear.
My first item was the hat. I definetly plan to upgrade it because it is only the "official" fedora with the Indy pin on the side (which I have removed)but it started it all. Next was finding Todds Costumes, thanks to this site. I got the webbed belt, deluxe holster, gun belt, whip holder (with velcro), and one WPG Indy shirt. Seprately from WPG, I purchased the gas mask bag. I then purchased two whips on Ebay. An 8 foot and a ten foot. I skimped a little on this also but plan to invest on a better one in the future. Shoes are Timberlands that have the right cut and similar color and look for about $20. They were used so they already have that worn in look. I ordered the pants from Wested. And I just recieved my most treasured piece. The jacket. I choose the lambskin ROLA jacket with the satin and cotton on the inside as is prefered by most on here. I went with original brown not dark. Future plans include: Aldens, new fedora (suggestion?), and a more authentic looking whip. Pictures are in the works and I will post them as as I can. I want to thank all of you for helping me ,even if you didn't you were. I am very excited be apart of this and look forward on shareing my adventures.
Thanks.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Happy to have you join this motley crew! Welcome!!! High regards! Michaelson
IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndyTaz »

:D Good on ya mate and welcome to COW :) I've just ordered my own MK VII bag so that's my first piece of gear! It's a good feeling huh? We all look forward to seeing pics of your gear.

Warm Regards
IndyTaz
Rusty Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Raleigh, NC, Running from the Havitos (my (ex)girlfriends' parents)

Post by Rusty Jones »

I have a pretty much identical hat situation (and similar situation with the rest of my gear, but jacket/shirt/pants are still on the way from Wested)

as soon as I can muster the excess funds to justify getting the beaver felt, I'm going for the Adventurebilt (AB) fedora, I beleive...

www.adventurebilthats.com

I cant wait to get it, until then I can recomend what i did with my 'official' hat (dunked it in water and reshaped it 4 or five times, then crumpled it, sat on it, and remolded, started to look like an acceptable 'interum' hat)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Welcome aboard! But just because you do or don't have gear doesn't mean you have to wait to join. In fact, I think I joined before I had my first "real" piece of Indy gear. I was able to ask questions and get feedback before purchasing my Wested. But no matter - you're here now! Enjoy!

bink
IndianaRedmon
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by IndianaRedmon »

Welcome to COW
Mat Cauthon
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Mat Cauthon »

Hey welcome to the madness :D I have a federation acubra which is a good fedora but If I were you I would save up for an Adventurbuilt Iv'e read that they are great from about every other topic on this site :)

Brendon
GraveRobberGreg
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by GraveRobberGreg »

Welcome to COW. Dont worry about the gear it will all come in time. I have only a hat (Peter Brothers) and a LL bean shirt. I have to pace myself or the wife will divorce me :D Enjoy your time here.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Welcome Kalel114. It's always nice to have a new gearhead join us on our way to the poorhouse. At least we look good going there. Michaelson, we're a motley crew? Well that's certainly a step up for me.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Indiana Jess wrote:Michaelson, we're a motley crew? Well that's certainly a step up for me.
Jess, I always thought you were more of a twisted sister.

bink
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Welcome to IndyGear! You've joined a great club, and you won't find a more knowledgeable (or friendly) bunch of people anywhere. Happy adventuring! :-)
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Welcome aboard indeed.

So... KALEL of Superman? Always interesting with these handles. :)

Oh, I'd go for the Alden's. They rock. 8)

Regards,
Swindiana
IndyTaz
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndyTaz »

Hey GraveRobberGreg...I relate to the divorce rate increasing due to gear obsession. If I knew about IndyGear and props when I got married I really would have considered a pre-nup' :lol: I think I've got it licked...my wife like the outfits Indy's girl in TLC wears...(Plan hatching)

Yep, collecting Indy stuff is like Lego...brick by brick :D

Regards
IndyTaz
Alabama Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Alabama Jones »

Welcome aboard Son of JOREL114. :lol:
Pandora
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Pandora »

Welcome! And don't forget:

Guys and dolls... we're just a bunch of crazy guys and doll...
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yeah..yeah...THAT'S what I meant.... :-k :wink: Regards! Michaelson
Indy_Railok
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Indy_Railok »

Welcome!

Hope you will also join the ''Tiger-Pillow Fan Club'', Just PM Me! :wink: :lol:
Wrightknife
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Wrightknife »

Welcome, I know you will enjoy this great hobby and community of friendly folks.

Have a great day, :D
Renderking Fisk
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Renderking Fisk »

You came for the gear, you'll stay for the people.
thunderquack
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by thunderquack »

Welcome to the club you'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Oh wait, wrong movie. Welcome aboard anyway
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Welcome to the club. You have come to the right place - many experts here so and a lot of information. Your choices for a fedora are numerous and varable reflecting your budget, patience, desire for quality, aesthetics, durability, etc.

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Ken