new indy gun--awesome

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

dr. tyree
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

new indy gun--awesome

Post by dr. tyree »

BANG BANG (grin)

Just got back from the range with my new acquisition.

Smith and Wesson Model 28-2, and let me say Michaelson is right on about this gun. In addition to having the Indy look and heft, and being in the fantastic .357mag caliber, this baby will shoot the hair off a gnat's backside for accuracy. It was grouping at twenty feet with 4 of the 6 rounds overlapping, and I wasn't even trying particularly hard.

Anyone looking for a Bapty-flavored gun (not screen perfect, but very close -- adjustable rear sight) should take a look at these; there are many available used on gunbroker.
Regards from the Philosophy Dept.
Dr. Tyree
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

GOOD for you!! One of the best deals from Smith you can get, as it's the quality of their tried and true Model 27, but with a satin finish, so you're not paying for the glitz! Glad you like it! They're fine revolvers, and even have that 'Indy' look for those who don't want big bore!

High regards Michaelson
Lukmas
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Lukmas »

Sounds like a kool gun!

Regards
Luke
Spooky
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: new indy gun--awesome

Post by Spooky »

dr. tyree wrote:BANG BANG (grin)
Just got back from the range with my new acquisition.
Smith and Wesson Model 28-2, and let me say Michaelson is right on about this gun. In addition to having the Indy look and heft, and being in the fantastic .357mag caliber, this baby will shoot the hair off a gnat's backside for accuracy. It was grouping at twenty feet with 4 of the 6 rounds overlapping, and I wasn't even trying particularly hard.
Anyone looking for a Bapty-flavored gun (not screen perfect, but very close -- adjustable rear sight) should take a look at these; there are many available used on gunbroker.
Regards from the Philosophy Dept.
Dr. Tyree
Sounds nice Dr. T,
Do you have any pics you can post?
dr. tyree
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

sw 28

Post by dr. tyree »

I will post some pics this week, time permitting...
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

I own one of these fine old revolvers myself! If you look at your local gun shows, you can sometimes find really good deals. I purchased mine for $330, and it is in fine shape!

RonC