OT - Wested's Lethal Weapon Jacket

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

OT - Wested's Lethal Weapon Jacket

Post by J_Weaver »

I know this is way off topic, but since there are a lot of Wested fans here I figured what the heck. :) I seem to remember 'hearing' a few of you guys talking about Wested's Lethal Weapon jacket. So have any of you seen one in person? What do you think of it?
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I knew that much VP. :wink: :D I was just wondering if anyone had actually seen one.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

They had a couple on the rack when I visited. If I remember correctly you can see them on Indiana's pics.

It's a very nice rugged looking jacket I suspect the ones I saw were goat and had quite pebbly leather. I didn't dare try one on in case I was tempted to get it as well. And I never even cared for the Lethal Weapon films!

IMO It is so long since Lethal Weapon I don't think anyone would recognise it in the street. They would just see it a a smart casual leather jacket.

Regards,

KT
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Kt Templar wrote:They had a couple on the rack when I visited. If I remember correctly you can see them on Indiana's pics.

It's a very nice rugged looking jacket I suspect the ones I saw were goat and had quite pebbly leather. I didn't dare try one on in case I was tempted to get it as well. And I never even cared for the Lethal Weapon films!

IMO It is so long since Lethal Weapon I don't think anyone would recognise it in the street. They would just see it a a smart casual leather jacket.

Regards,

KT
Cool! Yea, the movies weren't all that great, but it is a pretty sharp jacket. I was thinking about maybe getting one as an alernate to my Wested Indy. :)
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

To me , this is the general idea!! This is why I'm hoping they WON'T make another Indy film or we'll all look like idiots tying to be like Indiana Jones! :wink: (Not to mention even MORE flak than we already get!)

I'm a HUGE Lethal fan, I'll be getting one of these hopefully soon. It's on my 'to get' list. I'm saving up to get it with another lamb Raiders.

have a nice day.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

J_Weaver wrote:Cool! Yea, the movies weren't all that great, but it is a pretty sharp jacket. I was thinking about maybe getting one as an alernate to my Wested Indy. :)
So, what's it going to be? LW or unfaced Indy? Decisions, decisions! :lol:

KT
Last edited by Kt Templar on Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

It IS a nice jacket, I had one from Wested for a while. But for it to be screen accurate a couple things need to be changed, the collar tab for one. I would recommend getting it in black lamb, not goat though...!

Regards
I J
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

And I swear on the movie jacket the storm flap is on the inside. :? But I can't really tell.

Kt Templar, thats a pretty good question, but I think it will probably be a horse or goat Indy without the facing. :wink: Besides, if I bought the LW I would have to buy a pair of black boots. And to top that off, I don't have a bag to go with a black jacket either. :roll: :wink:
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

J_Weaver wrote: Besides, if I bought the LW I would have to buy a pair of black boots. And to top that off, I don't have a bag to go with a black jacket either. :roll: :wink:
LOL and they wonder why the MK Vii is sometimes called the man purse! :twisted:

KT
Pandora
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Pandora »

here is a fashion-advice from a lady: you can wear a black jacket and a greenish/ kahki/ brownish bag. But the look ist too different... army and modern. Don't carry a bag (purse) with that jacket.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Hi Pandora,

Thanks for the advice, I have a modern courier satchel is that ok with an LC? :)

Have you got your Wested yet?!

KT
Pandora
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Pandora »

No, not yet... :( but the waiting for it is also nice... like waiting for x-mas.

post a picture and I can tell you if the satchel looks good.
Richard~Buxton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Richard~Buxton »

I've been thinking about getting one of these Jackets for some time now. But I don't think I'd wear it more then my Wested, infact I wouldn't. But I still might get one. :?
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

I have one of these "Lethal Weapon" jackets....though, not from Wested....

I thought that I had read that the Wested L.W. jacket was made from lambskin. Since I had a Wested Indy jacket in lambskin, and had torn it so many times, I wasn't too anxious to buy another lambskin jacket for their asking price (or anywhere for that matter), no matter what kind of style/movie it represented. If Wested is now making their L.W. jackets in Goatskin, hey, I'll buy one!

About two years ago or so, I had bought my L.W. jacket from another source on the internet made out of cowhide, at a cheaper price. I'm glad that I did too, because not only did I save some extra cash by buying from another source, but I can be clumsy and scuff up my jackets from time to time! This cowhide L.W. is GREAT! I've worn it everyday with regular wear-n' tear, and it has held up just fine!

I'm sure Wested makes a great L.W. jacket, especially if they can make it in goatskin or cowhide, but I know that there are other sources that make these jackets, even at a cheaper price....I'm not trying to rob Wested of any business at all whatsoever, that's not my intention, just lettin' ya know there are other suppliers for this jacket out there...I can't remember the name of the place where I bought mine. I know that it did, in fact, come from Great Britain. I'm sure a quick search on the net will provide various options to choose from.....Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
Captain D
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Sounds interesting, you sure you can't remember the name of that site?

I think one of the things about Wested is the custom sizing that makes the price affordable. Another is the sheer quality.

Also here in the UK £100/$170-180 jacket at a normal retailer will be of very poor quality. Even some £200 ones are questionable. You are probably talking £300+ to get the same quality and no custom sizing.

£140 for the quality of a Wested is astounding. His non-movie related jackets are even more resonable.

KT
Richard~Buxton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Richard~Buxton »

I agree £140, for a Wested is just incredible value for money. People spend more then
£250, on a jacket and it's complete @#$%.
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

storm flap is on the inside of the zipper....
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

IndianaJames wrote:storm flap is on the inside of the zipper....
Yea, thats what I thought. On Wested's website, the storm flap is on the outside. :? Whats the deal? Didn't they make the original movie jacket? :-s
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Weaver,
The original 3 jackets used in the film were Limited Edition Tommy Hilfiger leather jackets. You can find them every once in a great while on ebay. I was lucky enough to find one last year....!

INdy J
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I just had a though while posting in another thread. I basically have nothing that is black other than a black suit, black wingtips, and 1 black belt. So I have nothing to match a black jacket.

Here's my point...er, question. :wink: How do you guys think the jacket would look in dark brown? Maybe even dark brown without the white stripes? :-k
IndianaJames
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by IndianaJames »

Thats the beauty of a black leather jacket, and why so many people have em....black goes with everything! But distressed brown with the stripes would look cool I think!

I J
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

IndianaJames wrote:Thats the beauty of a black leather jacket, and why so many people have em....black goes with everything! But distressed brown with the stripes would look cool I think!

I J
Thats what I was thinking! 8) I've never seen Wested's dark brown in person, but it would pass for black in almost every pic I have seen.

Besides, if ypu notice the movie jacket was distressed to the point that the white stripes were dirty and the jacket looked brown in the distressed areas.

How about the dark brown without the stripes. I think it would look cool distressed. :D
Zach R.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Zach R. »

I think even authentic brown with stripes would look pretty cool.

I can't tell from the pics, does this jacket have any pockets on the front at all? Or are they slit pockets?
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

It has slit pocket on the front. :)
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

Tom Cruise's jacket in War of the Worlds is dark brown with the white stripes. The stripes have an almost invisible red trim. So yes, those colors would look cool.

have a nice day.
Dre
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Dre »

Kt Templar wrote:Sounds interesting, you sure you can't remember the name of that site?

I think one of the things about Wested is the custom sizing that makes the price affordable. Another is the sheer quality.

Also here in the UK £100/$170-180 jacket at a normal retailer will be of very poor quality. Even some £200 ones are questionable. You are probably talking £300+ to get the same quality and no custom sizing.

£140 for the quality of a Wested is astounding. His non-movie related jackets are even more resonable.

KT
they have non-movie jackets?
Bjones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Bjones »

Kt Templar wrote: His non-movie related jackets are even more resonable.

KT
I've always wondered what else they have in the shop. Peter should put everything up on the site if he re-vamps it.
Kt Templar
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Kt Templar »

Rezing from waaay back.

Wisons is having a sale and this looks like their version of the Lethal Weapon. Going cheap at $129.99. I think it looks a bit thin to me but may suit your needs.

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/i ... age=family
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Funny you should post that. I was just looking at the jacket the other day. :D
matei
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by matei »

While not quite the LW jacket, and in no way an IJ jacket, I have this one: http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/i ... age=family

It is a really good looking jacket in person. In spite of its light weight, it is very warm.

It has been hanging in the closet though ever since my Wested goat arrived!
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

matei wrote:It has been hanging in the closet though ever since my Wested goat arrived!
Yup, same here. Once you get a taste of a custom made jacket it really spoils you. :)
Kittlemeier
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kittlemeier »

Might try this one. It has the sleeve zips and storm flap in the right places(like the original) and has an action back and zip out lining(improvements on the original). D, the one you have was probably from As Seen On Screen(asos.com). Having owned two, including a screen used one, I recommend the Hilfiger, if you can find one. http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparr ... 723A61D899
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I never knew how many LW style jackets were out there until I asked here on COW. :) I must confess that a horsehide jacket from Aero Leather has my attention now. 8)