My newest piece of gear. Wested pants!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

My newest piece of gear. Wested pants!

Post by Feraud »

I just received my Wested pants and am thrilled with them!
ImageImage

The pant is 100% wool and unlined. It does not need the lining because the wool is not scratchy. It has a comfortable feel to it. They are not too heavy, imho. I could wear these pants in most weather conditions and not feel uncomfortable.
I tried to show the material pattern in these two pictures. ImageImage

I have to say these surpass the 'close enoughs' by a long shot! I should know, I have plenty of them! :wink:

The pants have a screen look 'Indy' drape to them similar to what I see in the Wested lambskin jacket. Did I mention dressy? I can wear these to work(in an office) with a shirt and tie and look presentable.

If anyone is on the fence regarding a purchase of these, I say go for it! $85.00 USD is not too much for a pair of quality wool pants.
These are very worth the money. You could do just about anything wearing them short of being dragged behind a truck, and they should last you a long time. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Hey Feraud, nice pants. It would be helpful to see them on, to see the drape.
Little Venice
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Little Venice »

I agree with Feraud there. They're pretty darn good trousers, I just got a pair along with an Indy shirt from them about three days ago. There's nothing I don't like about them, in fact if they had them in more colours I'd replace all my work trousers with them. :wink:

*UPDATE*

Here is a photo taken indoors today of my Wested trousers, taken with a flash. My jacket looks almost black but you know how the leather reacts in different lighting conditions. The small circular spot in the pic is what the leather colour looks like in the sun. Hope this helps with how the trousers drape.

Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Oh!
And here is another one, from behind with the creases removed. ;)

Regards,
Swindiana
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Howwa about the sizing? Did you order your regular pant size or did you order a size smaller or larger in the waist...? I too am contemplating the thought of ordering a pair, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Captain D
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

I went with my regular pant size and am satisfied with the fit.
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Thank you for your reply! :D One last question, if I may: When you order, are there different colors to choose from or when you order the pants, do they simply come as one standard color?

Kind Regards,
Captain D
Little Venice
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Little Venice »

Captain D wrote:Thank you for your reply! :D One last question, if I may: When you order, are there different colors to choose from or when you order the pants, do they simply come as one standard color?

Kind Regards,
Captain D
As far as I know you only get the standard colour. As for sizing, I just went for my normal jeans waist measurement - worked out swell.
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Captain D wrote:Thank you for your reply! :D One last question, if I may: When you order, are there different colors to choose from or when you order the pants, do they simply come as one standard color?

Kind Regards,
Captain D
I ordered my pants from a member of the RPF.
My pants are the 'new' color as pictured in T.E. Lawrence's post
in this discussion.

I do not think Wested has a color option. Maybe someone who ordered direct from Wested can answer this question?
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Thank you guys for the responses!

Perhaps I'll write to Wested and see what they say about any color variations, but this new / 2nd generation of pants look just fine anyhow :wink: !

Kind Regards,
Captain D
Indiana Neri
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Rhode Island: The Tiny State That's Actually NOT An Island...and no, I'm not from "Quahog"

Post by Indiana Neri »

I find it very interesting that the color of the pants change in all four of Feraud's pictures as well as Little Venice's pix. Just goes to proove that lighting makes a world of difference. Nice pants guys. By the way, this is the only place that I know of that we can check out another guy's pants and be perfectly okay with that :shock: :lol: .

:wink:
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

How do you get the creases out? Are they a permanant crease?(obviously not :? ) but do you order them with no crease?

have a nice day.
Little Venice
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Little Venice »

Texas Raider wrote:How do you get the creases out? Are they a permanant crease?(obviously not :? ) but do you order them with no crease?

have a nice day.
I think they're just pressed like that after they're finished sewing them, no reason why you shouldn't be able to remove the creases.
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Texas Raider wrote:How do you get the creases out? Are they a permanant crease?(obviously not :? ) but do you order them with no crease?
have a nice day.
Yup, they come creased. I just ironed them out, low temp and a damp towel inbetween.

Regards,
Swindiana
Richard~Buxton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

re

Post by Richard~Buxton »

The Wested trousers, are great, very smart the best pair I have. There worth the money, I need to get the Wested shirt now. I have the MBA one.
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

I have a Wested jacket and pants. I consider them both quality items. I have no doubt that the shirt is excellent!
I have to put that on my list of 'to get' items!
Richard~Buxton
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Richard~Buxton »

Indeed, of course I have the Jacket also. :wink: But the colour of the wested shirt
looks very much like what was seen on screen.
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

Cryptid~Explorer wrote:But the colour of the wested shirt
looks very much like what was seen on screen.
I think so too. I am very happy with Wested's products after receiving my pants. I will certainly order the shirt. I was considering the WPG shirt but feel it is cut too full in the body.

btw, your avatar is killing me! :lol: :lol:
Canyon
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Canyon »

Feraud, congratunations on obtaining a pair of Wested pants! :D

I think you'll agree that they're great pants and of very good quality.

Crypid explorer, I just love your avatar (and the guy in it especially) :P
Spooky
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: My newest piece of gear. Wested pants!

Post by Spooky »

Feraud:
Thanks for the pics.
I've been holding off on Wested shirt/trousers ... after seeing your pics ... not for much longer.
Indiana Neri wrote: ... Nice pants guys. By the way, this is the only place that I know of that we can check out another guy's pants and be perfectly okay with that :shock: :lol: .
:wink:
:lol: :lol: That's true - that would be a noticeable violation of the "Guy Code" (Don't all stone me at once, Ladies - it's not an opinion - just a fact): there's no way I'd comment on the cut, drape, and fit of any of my friend's pants :!:
... occasionally I'll comment on their shirts but only if I can 'dis' them by adding ... where did your wife find that? :D
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Re: My newest piece of gear. Wested pants!

Post by Feraud »

Thanks Canyon! :)

Spooky wrote:Feraud:
Thanks for the pics.
I've been holding off on Wested shirt/trousers ... after seeing your pics ... not for much longer.

From reading the posts here I knew the Wested jacket was going to be quality. What I did not expect was how nice the pants are! Maybe I did not read enough good reviews but I am totally impressed by these pants. Going forward I will always chime in with a compliment on them!

I hope to post a few pics of the 'pants in action' soon.

Don't be afraid to throw a 'dis' in there! It's all good!! :lol: