What's the best bullwhip for the money?

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

IndyTwist
Grail Recovery Volunteer
Grail Recovery Volunteer

What's the best bullwhip for the money?

Post by IndyTwist »

Money.

I don't have a lot of it.

But I #### sure want to get a bullwhip. What is the best whip that is both affordable and Indyesque?

Thanks a bunch.

IndyTwist
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

hey,

Victor SanSoucie
at
www.Handmadewhips.com
Can make you a good 12 plait cowhide Indy bullwhip for around $125.
regards,
Adam
whammerjammer
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

best whip for the money

Post by whammerjammer »

Indytwist,

A great place to find a really well crafted whip at an exceptionally good price is www.winrichwhips.com. I know that Adam Winrich has made whips for several of the people in this forum (including myself) and I'm sure that anyone of them in here will vouch not only his craftmanship but his ability to help people like yourself who are on a limited budget that are looking for a really nice whip. I know that his Indy On a Budget whips have become quite popular here in COW and I'm sure he will be able to help you as well. Take a look at his website and contact him. I can almost bet that you will soon be the proud owner of one of his whips. I am.

Best Regards,

Jay
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

Hey Molorom,

I seem to remember a few emails from you inquiring about getting a 12-plait cowhide bullwhip from me. Did you decide to go with a whip from Victor instead? Victor does solid work that is reasonably priced. What length is the $125 bullwhip? How many bellies? Any pictures?

Jay,

Thanks for the kind words. I think it's people like you putting in good words for my work that have helped me to get my whips into more people's hands.

-Adam, www.winrichwhips.com
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

Most likely,
I attended the Southern Connecticut Renaissance Festival this weekend, and tried out about 13 whips of Victors. Snakes, Bulls, Woodies, all diffrent lengths, matched pairs. I even got to try out a monster 14 footer. He's a local guy and his stuff seemed awsome. His prices are also incredibly resonable. They were really accurate, and I had a great time target cutting with them. Last time we talked he said 2 bellies 1 bolster. But for actual prices Id contact victor. Thats basicly what he told me for my whip.
Regards,
Adam
winrichwhips
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by winrichwhips »

http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosti ... h-7-05.jpg

Here's a link to a pic of a 6 ft., 8-plait bullwhip that I made last week. The whip sold for $100. It was made with a laether core, one plaited belly but no bolster as the user wanted it to be light for multiple cracking. It also has a 9" handle, but the diamonds were only carried out to about 7."

Molorom,

Good luck with your San Soucie whip, when you get it. What did you think of the points of his whips? I've handled one of his whips and seen pictures: all the points seem to be almost 1/2" wide, which I think is a tad large. If you can, you might request a finer point carried to 6-plait, or even 4-plait.

Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

I havent placed a final order yet.
Im actually waiting untill another CT whipcraking get together
next month before I decide. I'm going to buy a pair of aldens and think about it. :lol: Theres just so many choices out there now. The tip did look a tad large. They were just so solid. Looks like I need to think about things longer. That whip you just posted looks great. Im actually more intrested in one of yours, It just has to do with that whole odd price thing i told you about a while ago. Hopefully I can perswade "them" to allow me to purchace one of yours.
Regards,
Adam
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

whip

Post by BendingOak »

I have one of winwrich's IOAB whips and I'm very happy with it. Adam is a real stand up guy aswell. Thanks again Adam for all your help.
Andiana
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Southern California - The home of my 'home away from home'...Disneyland...

Re: best whip for the money

Post by Andiana »

whammerjammer wrote:Indytwist,

A great place to find a really well crafted whip at an exceptionally good price is www.winrichwhips.com. I know that Adam Winrich has made whips for several of the people in this forum (including myself) and I'm sure that anyone of them in here will vouch not only his craftmanship but his ability to help people like yourself who are on a limited budget that are looking for a really nice whip. I know that his Indy On a Budget whips have become quite popular here in COW and I'm sure he will be able to help you as well. Take a look at his website and contact him. I can almost bet that you will soon be the proud owner of one of his whips. I am.

Best Regards,

Jay
Adam Winrich is great. I have an 8' 12 plait natural tan bullwhip from him. Technically, he takes custom-ish orders. His IOAB whips are pretty awesome too. WInrich, in my opnion, is just as good as Strain, Morgan, and all the other main-stream whip makers. He makes great whips, at great prices, and is just overall great to deal with.

I fully recommend Mr. Winrich. :D
DavieM
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by DavieM »

I can only support what has already been said about Adam Winrich. I recently bought one of his IOAB bullwhips and am extremely impressed by it. If you want the Indy look for a reasonable price, look no further than Adam.

Dave
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Have a look at my thread Morgan-like whip from italy for 100-150 euro

The manifacturer just signed in this forum... soon he will show his products. This man, Giovanni Celeste, makes whips for hobby, handmade whips of good quality with a lot of experience. He makes copies of Morgan whips for a cheaper price!

Stay tuned

:wink:
Last edited by Erri on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth V.A.D.E.R
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Darth V.A.D.E.R »

Hí IndyTwist,
I think when you want great whip you must pay more money than 125 USD.Ask Bernie Wojcicki on www.em-brand-whips.com or Robert Duke www.dukewhips.com for great bullwhip.But best what you can find is Morgan bullwhip on www.davidmorgan.com .It is the best but expensive too.
Regards
Darth :whip:
ecwhips
Vendor

Post by ecwhips »

winrichwhips wrote:http://www.savepic.com/freepicturehosti ... h-7-05.jpg
What did you think of the points of his whips? I've handled one of his whips and seen pictures: all the points seem to be almost 1/2" wide, which I think is a tad large. If you can, you might request a finer point carried to 6-plait, or even 4-plait.

Adam,

I have one of Skip Soucies cowhide whips. You're correct that his points are a bit on the thick side, but the whip that I have handles very well and cracks with minimal effort. As a whole the whip is thicker than most, but it's balanced very well.

Jim