Red wing;Alden alternative?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

I just noticed the other day there's a Redwing store down the road from where I work. I'm gonna go check it out since I have a pair or worn out shoes and a fistful of birthday dollars. woot!
dkwd
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by dkwd »

Where is the dealer in Winnipeg, MB, Canada?

That's where I am.

David
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

CANADIAN FOOTWEAR LTD
128 ADELAIDE ST
WINNIPEG, MB R3A 0W5
204-944-7463
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Let us know if you are able to order the #8249 style through this RedWing shop in Canada. I hope that us gearheads are able to order them through this shop....

I got lucky enough to get my hands on a pair, but if I ever have to get another pair of "Indy boots" in the future for whatever reason, it would "definitely" be another pair of these #8249 boots....I think a lot of gearheads here would be "VERY" satisfied with the #8249 boots from RedWing.

Please keep us updated!
Captain D
dkwd
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by dkwd »

Okay - I was finally able to get into the Canadian Footwear Ltd. They do carry RedWings - but they don't have the 8249 (or 8126, 8146, or 2912) in stock. She tried to check her catalog but couldn't find them in there either. She will call them and phone me back and let me know how much they are.
But, since it is not a style they carry, they would have to order them - 4 to 6 weeks wait requiring a nonrefundable deposit. She also said that one would have to know their size as they wouldn't take the shoes back.
It's more of an orthopedic place - but they don't carry Aldens - I asked, since I was there.

I'll let you know more as I know more.

David
Captain D
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Captain D »

Thank you for the update! It's a shame that the #8249 boot is so difficult to get our hands on :cry: . Please keep us updated on how things go! :D

Kind Regards,
Captain D
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

For folks in the US,check these Redwings out http://www.redwingshoe.com/shoe-zoom.cfm?style=952 they look like the 2912s that are availible in europe.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Those remind me of the old Hy-top safety shoes I used to wear back in the 70's! Regards! Michaelson
Indiana Williams
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Williams »

i figured they were worth mentioning since the other ridwing indy look a likes were only availible in europee
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Absolutely! I wore my old Hy-tops until they fell apart, and I then ordered my first pair of Aldens. Regards Michaelson
Scuffy
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Scuffy »

I don't mean to be a pain, but I'm kinda curious about tying in a couple of other threads I've found around here. This thread being mainly about Redwing 8249's and 8146's, while there are several other threads about the special edition 1908's. I guess those are only really available outside the States. How close would these be in comparison to the 8146's? Are they still available, possibly through a Canadian source? Forgive me if this has been asked before- I really did try to check the old threads first! :wink:

Thanks!
-Scuffy