Just received L.L.Beans (PICS)

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Just received L.L.Beans (PICS)

Post by Erri »

I just received my L.L. Bean pants... i will post pics very very very soon. I'm curious to know what you think of them.
Thank you :D
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

here the pics

J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

They look really nice. However, the color looks way too light; more like the color of the shirt should be. Of course it may just be the comera. :)
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

Nope, that color is about right. They no longer make an Indy-accurate color, sadly. I hope they bring taupe back. Dark khaki is the only close choice. These look like regular khaki.

I usually wear a pair of these in brown that I think look very good in the light. I am wearing these in most of my pictures. I have a pair of taupe, but they are a little snug. -Because of me not their sizing. :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Any watch pocket? :-s Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

J_Weaver wrote:They look really nice. However, the color looks way too light; more like the color of the shirt should be. Of course it may just be the comera. :)
Well it's not just the camera, the colour is truly light, light khaki and it's very near to the shirt. I had them for a very good price so i didnt care too much. They are very great pants anyway! I am impressed. They are good also for hot summer.
Amazing pants :shock:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Michaelson wrote:Any watch pocket? :-s Regards! Michaelson
Nope. There is a little liner pocket in the front right pocket for change, but nothing on the outside.

As an aside, I bought a pair of light-weight khakis from them and it had the change pocket at least, just under the belt line and above the pocket.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Still no watch pocket? I hate those guys. :? Regards! Michaelson
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Michaelson wrote:Still no watch pocket? I hate those guys. :? Regards! Michaelson
Is a watch pocket just a wishful request or is it something the pants used to have?
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Hemingway Jones wrote:Nope, that color is about right. They no longer make an Indy-accurate color, sadly. I hope they bring taupe back. Dark khaki is the only close choice. These look like regular khaki.

I usually wear a pair of these in brown that I think look very good in the light. I am wearing these in most of my pictures. I have a pair of taupe, but they are a little snug. -Because of me not their sizing. :wink:
Yes they are regular khaki. Next pants i will take dark khaki if i found them also for a nice price. Am i wrong or you said once they are sold for $9?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Pyroxene wrote:
Michaelson wrote:Still no watch pocket? I hate those guys. :? Regards! Michaelson
Is a watch pocket just a wishful request or is it something the pants used to have?
They ALL used to have watch pockets...then slowly LLB started outsourcing to other trouser makers, and the pocket began to disappear. For a while it was only available on the plain front version, then THOSE disappeared about a year ago.

I hate those guys.

Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Michaelson wrote:
Pyroxene wrote:
They ALL used to have watch pockets...then slowly LLB started outsourcing to other trouser makers, and the pocket began to disappear. For a while it was only available on the plain front version, then THOSE disappeared about a year ago.

I hate those guys.

Regards! Michaelson
Do indypants have watch pocket?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

If you're asking about the originals, no, they did not, nor could you PUT one on, as the waist band was not made in a way to attach an additional pocket. I just need them so I can carry my watches!

Regards! Michaelson
Alabama Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Alabama Jones »

Hemingway Jones wrote: They no longer make an Indy-accurate color, sadly. I hope they bring taupe back. Dark khaki is the only close choice. These look like regular khaki.
I just got a pair of the "Dark" Khakis last week and they are way too light IMO. I thought they had shipped me the regular by mistake. :shock: Looking at these pics they should just call those light khaki and the "dark" ones regular khaki. But as we all know companies all have different definitions of khaki.

And yes, if they still had the taupe, I'd be all over them because these are good pants.
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Michaelson;

Do you ever use a holder case for any of your watches?
One that you can attach to your belt and keep it in...

I have a pocket watch that I use for my tailcoat suit vest and that one came with a leather "holster" if you will. I never use it really, and I'm not sure how good it will look, but it seems practical enough compared to a sewn in pocket on a pair of pants.

Regards,
Swindiana
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

erri_wan wrote: Am i wrong or you said once they are sold for $9?
At the factory outlets, they are frequently sold for less than $20. :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Swindiana wrote:Michaelson;

Do you ever use a holder case for any of your watches?
One that you can attach to your belt and keep it in...

I have a pocket watch that I use for my tailcoat suit vest and that one came with a leather "holster" if you will. I never use it really, and I'm not sure how good it will look, but it seems practical enough compared to a sewn in pocket on a pair of pants.

Regards,
Swindiana
No, I don't. My watches are to large, heavy, and valuable to trust to the use of an outside watch pouch, though I know what you're talking about. Regards! Michaelson
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

Hemingway Jones wrote:
erri_wan wrote: Am i wrong or you said once they are sold for $9?
At the factory outlets, they are frequently sold for less than $20. :wink:
Do you have any factory outlet near where you live?
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

erri_wan wrote:Do you have any factory outlet near where you live?
There is one in Freeport, Maine about two hours away and another one in North Conway about two and a half hours away. I go to both places fairly regularly.
zeus36
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Re: Just received L.L.Beans (PICS)

Post by zeus36 »

erri_wan wrote:I just received my L.L. Bean pants... i will post pics very very very soon. I'm curious to know what you think of them.

Cool, now go stomp on them, bury them in the dirt for awhile, beat on 'em and get out the creases, drag them thru the mud and leave them in the sun for a couple of days. Clean them up a bit, then post some before and after pics! :)
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Just received L.L.Beans (PICS)

Post by Erri »

zeus36 wrote:
erri_wan wrote:I just received my L.L. Bean pants... i will post pics very very very soon. I'm curious to know what you think of them.

Cool, now go stomp on them, bury them in the dirt for awhile, beat on 'em and get out the creases, drag them thru the mud and leave them in the sun for a couple of days. Clean them up a bit, then post some before and after pics! :)
Lol ok, in next adventures they will be with me :wink:
Erri
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Erri »

My first pic with the new pants and hat ;)

for the guys following the SOCKS topic... i was wearing white socks in that pic :lol:
Mojave Jack
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mojave Jack »

Alabama Jones wrote:
Hemingway Jones wrote: They no longer make an Indy-accurate color, sadly. I hope they bring taupe back. Dark khaki is the only close choice. These look like regular khaki.
I just got a pair of the "Dark" Khakis last week and they are way too light IMO. I thought they had shipped me the regular by mistake. :shock: Looking at these pics they should just call those light khaki and the "dark" ones regular khaki. But as we all know companies all have different definitions of khaki.

And yes, if they still had the taupe, I'd be all over them because these are good pants.
Has anybody had any luck dyeing the lighter colors to a good taupe color? I've looked for dye in other then plain brown, but without success. Since I wear nothing but chinos (don't own any jeans) I've had to start dyeing some so I have some variety in my wardrobe. Still all I can find is brown or browner or less brown or really brown. Or red, but I don't think so :shock:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

I don't think that brown dye would look too bad. Here are my favorite pair. These are Brown LL Bean dress khakis. They aren't dyed; they came this way, but it is propably similar to what they would look like if you did dye them.
Blackthorne Rose
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

recipe to dye your pants

Post by Blackthorne Rose »

The pants I had were to light so I took the Rit Dark Brown and Scarlet mixed about 1/3 scarlet to whatever you use in the Brown. Then with rubber gloves as you put the prewetted pants in the dye keep moving them around. Remember since they're wet they'll look much darker than when they dry. Should only take literally a minute or two. Then after I wrung all the excess dye out and dried them, I redyed them in black Rit, just a quick drop in and swish around to evenly displace the dye. That took the brightness out of the color and dulled them down a little bit. Then I washed them about three times in a row and thats it. It's all kinda just by eye.
Lindiana