I'm Buying Another "Indy" Hubertus Pocketknife!

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm Buying Another "Indy" Hubertus Pocketknife!

Post by RonC »

Yes, folks...I did it again! After selling my last Hubertus "Indy" pocketknife to my good friend Pyroxene, I finally broke down and ordered another one from The Knifeshop in Austria. I requested they select one for me with flat stag scales...to better emulate the one Indy used in ROTLA. I'll give a report when I receive it.

RonC

(Thought I'd better re-write that title! Everyone is probably thinking I "found" another substitute "Indy" pocketknife!!!!!)
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Oooo...can't wait to see it.

:D

Pyroxene
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Good stuff Ron - I own one of these from www.knifeshop.com - they are great to deal with and the knife in question IS the exact same model of knife indy uses in Raiders, IMO. :)
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

I think they had it listed under 'hunting knives' if I remember rightly...there was a big thread here on COW a while back, where Molorom convinced me the Hubertus was indeed tHE knife, lots of pics and item numbers were on that thread...but I can't seem to find it. Perhaps it was wiped out when the old threads were cleaned up recently?

I'll keep digging for you, I should have the info somewhere...
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Oh me of little faith...threads wiped out, indeed....get my eyes tested is more like it...:roll:

http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

ob1al...I'm not saying this to brag...so please don't take it that way, but I was the one who did the research and "found" the Hubertus knife...I purchased one, which has since found a good home with Pyroxene. I miss having one, so I finally ordered another! I received word back frm the guys at The Knifeshop today that they are picking out the 12.300oHH.00 with the flattest stag available. These guys provide GREAT service! On www.knifeshop.com, select "Pocketknives", then "Hunting Pocket Knives"...this should get you to the 12.300HH.00.

RonC
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

My Father had the knife when the film came out,
and we always knew that it was infact the knife.
It took me a while to come foward, and when ronC purchaced
the knife i was trying to convince everyone alse he was infact right
and that it was the knife. Infact, one of my firsts posts in the old forum,
if i remember correctly, was about how i had the knife that i thought was
the one in raiders, and everone came up and told me it was a boyscout, knife, not the hubertus, and the topic evuntally died away, as it was not real important back then. That was long before you arrived, I dont mean to be offensive,
just telling you what i remembered.
Adam
Last edited by Mola Ram on Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Gosh, that reminds me...in my old box of camping gear, I've got my grandfather's old knife - stag handle just like that. Now I can't wait to get back to NY to go look for that...rats!

But I'm pretty sure it hat a pointed tip, not the more obtuse blunted tip like the Hubertus...so it's probably not it. But when I get my hands on it I'll take a look, and if it's pretty close I'll post a pic.

J
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

Indiana Jerry, the Hubertus has quite a pointed tip, and is not blunt. I think you'll find it to be a very good "using" knife, in addition to being "Indy accurate." I will not make the same mistake of selling it, as I did my last one! (Although I am glad my friend Pyroxene wound up with a great pocketknife!)...and Molorom, you and your father were indeed correct! At the time "Raiders" came out, I was familiar with the Hubertus as well...as with you, I was convinced it was the correct knife...just took purchasing one to make sure! :D
RonC
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

RonC wrote:Indiana Jerry, the Hubertus has quite a pointed tip, and is not blunt.
Hunh...I had myself talked out of it, but maybe I'm on to something. Okay, hate to set up such a long cliffhanger, but next time I get my hands on it I'll get it be to Cali w/ me...could be months, though. If I've got a close looker, I'll post pics, and maybe we can get closer to 'the knife'.

This knife has sentimental value as well, so no selling this, but if it's close any info I get out of it will be shared in this forum.

Adam, I scanned the other threads, but if the info is there I missed it - is your father's old knife the Hubertus, or something else? If it's something else, have you been able to identify the maker at all?

Thanks,
J
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

Lets Say We bolth discovered it then :D
I just did lots of convincing, to thoes who did
not believe it was the correct one.
Adam

(P.S.)
Jerry,
My fathers knife Is a hubertus.
Thats what i was saying.
Ive also got one.
Jordan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jordan »

What type of steel is the blade made from? I was unable to locate this info on their site...Thanks for the help! 8)
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

Riverwind, go to www.knifeshop.com, select "Pocketknives", then "Hunting Pocket Knives." Scroll down and you will see the 12.300. HH.00. That is the one we are speaking of, my friend!.
Jordan
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Jordan »

RonC wrote:Riverwind, go to www.knifeshop.com, select "Pocketknives", then "Hunting Pocket Knives." Scroll down and you will see the 12.300. HH.00. That is the one we are speaking of, my friend!.
My question may have been a little confusing :) ...I went to their site and saw the pic of the knife, but it does not say what sort of steel the blade is made from, which is what my question was...If anyone could help me out with this, I would appreciate it...

Thanks! 8)
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

Riverwind, it is a high-carbon, high-quality stainless. I believe it's much the same steel as Puma puts in its knife blades. It takes and holds an excellent edge. I believe you would be very pleased with its performance in the field.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Anyone know the price in U.S. buckaroos by chance?

bink
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

Rick, I just ordered mine, and it cost me $91.00 and change (this includes shipping from Austria). I will say they are well worth the money spent! An excellent knife for everyday use! And the folks at The Knifeshop provide EXCELLENT customer service.

Ron
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Ron - cerdit where credit is due - I didn't realise you had done a lot of the background research on the Hubertus - well done my friend! It is indeed 'the knife'!

For my part, it was Adam who convinced me to buy one, which is why I noted that fact.

Thanks to you both and well done! :D
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

I share credit with Adam...he and his father came to the same conclusion at the same time! I remembering "chiming in" when the thread was progressing between the two of you about the knife. I truly hope that both of you, my friends, are enjoyoing your fine Hubertus knives!

RonC
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

A thought - I hope this information is used on the mainsite under 'Raiders pocketknife', when it gets updated.

There is no doubt in my mind, the Hubertus IS the knife. :)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

RonC wrote:Rick, I just ordered mine, and it cost me $91.00 and change (this includes shipping from Austria). I will say they are well worth the money spent! An excellent knife for everyday use! And the folks at The Knifeshop provide EXCELLENT customer service.

Ron
Wow. That's a bit o'moola. I'm sure it IS woth the money. Most quality items are. I just wish I were rolling in cash! :wink:

bink
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

ob1al wrote:A thought - I hope this information is used on the mainsite under 'Raiders pocketknife', when it gets updated.

There is no doubt in my mind, the Hubertus IS the knife. :)
The update has been noted. Thanks...
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

In received my Hubertus knife today...and it's perfect! They personally selected one with flat stag scales for me....it looks very much like the ROTLA pocketknife! I'm very pleased with it. I'll try to get some digital pics of it within the next couple of days....Pyro, would you be willing to post them here for me?

RonC
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

RonC wrote:Pyro, would you be willing to post them here for me?

RonC
Sure. PM me when they are ready.

Pyr.
RonC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RonC »

Pyro, thanks! I'll get the photos to you within the next couple of days.

Ron
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Reeeeaaalllly? If they've got a website or take email orders, do the forum a favor and post it! :wink:
bclead
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bclead »

Hello All:

I am a relative newby here, but I caught this thread and read all the posts and couldn't help myself......I ordered the Hubertus 12.300. HH.00 that you all are speaking of (from the KnifeShop). I just received it 10 minutes ago. What a BEAUTIFUL knife. I have some nice knives, but none like this! It really is special. I am very psyched!! I can't wait to use it!

........Bruce
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Congrats on a fine purchase - it is a great knife, I love mine.

I was dismayed to think I had left it in London last week (at the UK summit hotel) until it eventually turned up in my jeans pocket! Phew!

And a couple of weeks ago when my MKVII was stolen, I thought at first my hubertus was inside...later I remembered that on the morning of the day in question, my knife had actually dropped out of my bag into the footwell of my car's passenger seat - lo and behold, I went to look for it and it was still there! :D

It's MY lucky charm!
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

-I'm like good Hubertus, I turn up all the time.

It sure is a beautiful knife. Maybe I could find a way of losing the SAK so that I get to have one myself. :D

Regards,
Swindiana
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Pyroxene wrote:
RonC wrote:Pyro, would you be willing to post them here for me?

RonC
Sure. PM me when they are ready.

Pyr.
:?: :?: Image :?: :?: :roll: :?: :?: Image :?:
Last edited by Pyroxene on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Hey Langpuss,

Would you mind asking your friend with the knife shop if he would be interested in doing a few international orders. I know a couple of us would be interested in obtaining this knife and we are not opposed to saving money.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Swindy, try not to lose that SAK - I'm thinking bottle opener, I'm thinking beer, I'm thinking Summit 2005...very handy! :wink:
bclead
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bclead »

This is not good......I am becoming addicted to Hubertus knives......I just ordered another with a stag handle and a damascus blade......what's happening to me..........

..........Bruce
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

ob1al wrote:Swindy, try not to lose that SAK - I'm thinking bottle opener, I'm thinking beer, I'm thinking Summit 2005...very handy! :wink:
That's a good reason to book a ticket right there. :D I'll keep it, but I just might start looking into getting the Hubertus anyway. ;)

Regards,
Swindiana
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I hate to bring up an old topic again, but I figure it better than starting a new one. :oops: :wink:

Does anyone know of some place in the US that sells the Hubertus knife. I would love to have one, but I don't want to have to order one from Austria. I've found international orders to be a pain. :(
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

Would you like one?
We have 4 left from a group we sold on ebay.
I will send you a pm
Regards!
Adam
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

Thanks Adam! I definately interested. :D
Baggers
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Baggers »

Molorom wrote:Would you like one?
We have 4 left from a group we sold on ebay.
I will send you a pm
Regards!
Adam
I'd be interested in one if you still have any left.

Cheers!
Mola Ram
Vendor

Post by Mola Ram »

not sure,
There are a ton of intrested people,
just depends on who gets back to me.
you may end up with one.
Adam