Most expensive

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Most expensive

Post by taikonaut »

Which is currently the most expensive and sought after of all the guns Indy have used in the 3 films in list order?
Texas Raider
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Texas Raider »

The RPG he never fired at the Ark. :lol:

have a nice day.
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

The RPG? (Or Chinese Type 56) Expensive - yes. Sought after - maybe not... :wink:
I believe the 1917 S&W is the most sought after handgun... if you want it "Indy customised", the total price incl. initial purchase and gunsmith work might be kinda high...

What else... a functional Webley Mk VI ain't cheap either, not to mention a Mauser pistol (Raven Bar goon) or WWII MP-40(various nazis) submachinegun...

the S&W would probably be the most sought for firearm, anyway.
taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by taikonaut »

I have a friend in the UK who is an antique dealer and goes to guns fair, I asked if he can get a Webley MkVI de-activated, how much is one of these going for today?
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Taikonaut;
You'll find a few deactivated Webleys on this site, just to give you an idea:

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/deactivatedguns.htm

SJ;

You are probably most right. And then you would think it would be totally easy to get hold of a nice Colt NS replica instead, but that doesn't happen it seems. I'd be more than happy with one though... ;)

Regards,
Swindiana
jack
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by jack »

taikonaut wrote:I have a friend in the UK who is an antique dealer and goes to guns fair, I asked if he can get a Webley MkVI de-activated, how much is one of these going for today?

Your lucky to find a mk6 for under 400quid these days, a couple of years ago you could get them for 300 maybe less, but they always go up in price a lot each year, probably more than other sidearms.
J_Weaver
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by J_Weaver »

I'd have to say the S&W Hand Ejector 2nd Model. I got mine for $400 and its a great piece! 8) If you can ever get one do so by all means, you won't disappointed.
:D
Peacock's Eye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Peacock's Eye »

I have seen 2 2nd model hand ejectors for $650 at gun shows in the past year.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

In the U.S., it's a toss up between the Browning and the Smith. They tend to float up in the 6 to 7 hundred dollar range in gun shops and shows. Regards! Michaelson
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Michaelson wrote:In the U.S., it's a toss up between the Browning and the Smith. They tend to float up in the 6 to 7 hundred dollar range in gun shops and shows. Regards! Michaelson
And that's if you want a Browning Hi-Power made in the 60's or 70's. Finding one from the 1930's with an internal extractor you are looking at $900 and higher.

I am suprised, however, the number of 1917s and 1937s available. You see them quite frequently at gunshows. However, most collectors will gasp in horror when you tell them you want to cut the barrel down to 4 inches. :roll:
Last edited by Pyroxene on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Yep, but particularily when you say the HE, as there weren't THAT many of them made, as compared to the 1917. Regards! Michaelson
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I had a brain-slip on my earlier post. Made my corrections in blue.

RonC led me to getting an Argentine HP which has actually served me very well. They can be found for about $300 and up.