FS jackets arrived

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

guitone
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

FS jackets arrived

Post by guitone »

I ordered the FS raiders and the expedition to check them both out, both in a 38. These fit well in the shoulders but were tight arcross the chest..The expedition just did not look good, it is the goat and if I were to buy it I would really want to see the lamb. The raiders was a real dissappointment, the gussetts under the arms just do not do anything for the appearance of the jacket, and I think it may have been michaelson or someone else who mentioned that the sleeves were very narrow, and they are...so it is back to the drawing board. What I want is a jacket like the raiders (not indy style) that fits.......
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Did I understand right, did you purchase both of these?

Ken
guitone
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by guitone »

I ordered both to try them...they are both boxed up and going back today.
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

guitone wrote:I ordered both to try them...they are both boxed up and going back today.
Where have I heard this before? Guit, what's your chest measurement?
guitone
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by guitone »

I measure my chest at 38 inches, but I wear a 40 short sport coat and that is what I should have gone by...but, those double gussets under the arm of the raiders, they are just too ugly. Any flight jackets withought epaulets and no gussets under the arms? Maybe there is not flight type jacket for me, wow, maybe I just saved a bunch of money.
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

guitone wrote:I measure my chest at 38 inches, but I wear a 40 short sport coat and that is what I should have gone by...but, those double gussets under the arm of the raiders, they are just too ugly. Any flight jackets withought epaulets and no gussets under the arms? Maybe there is not flight type jacket for me, wow, maybe I just saved a bunch of money.
Maybe there lamb drapes differently? I thought their double dussets were pretty un-noticable. Didn't you or was it someone else (for some reason a lot of prior "Jacket" posts were deleted? so I cannot look-up) that bought their Clearance Lamb # 40 with short arms that I returned?
guitone
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by guitone »

This was their raiders which is like a flight jacket and it was in cowhide. The gussetts were very noticeable. What really disturbed me though was that I left an email with my sales rep and she never repsonded, I wanted to know if the CWU was any better under the arms. I called and I stated I wanted someone else to get back to me as this rep just did not answer my emails (not the first tiime) and the manager must have given it to her again...so the FS CS is not great. The jackets were well made, just not what I want as far as look, I don't want to look like I am in a plane, and those under arm gussetts just did not to do it for me....so maybe I am as I said before, saved from spending this money.............I did not like the goat in the expedition either, I felt is just did not drape well and if I was to buy and expedition I think I would buy lamb...
Axel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Axel »

guitone,

I have had my goat Expo for about one year now and love it. It is a 40 Short and fits me perfectly. Initially, it was quite stiff and a bit shiny. I put it through many cycles in a cold clothes dryer, wadded it up in a ball, and wore it every chance I could. Now it is quite supple and drapes fine. From what I hear it still won't drape to the level of lamb, but I think it looks great.

Axel