Herbert Johnson Fedora

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Jessep
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Herbert Johnson Fedora

Post by Jessep »

On Herbert Johnson hat website the fedora isnt on any of the pages how does one aquire such a glorified hat? Perhaps an adventure?
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

You can always get one on ebay, and Todd's Costumes (www.toddscostumes.com) sells HJ's also. Welcome aboard! :D

Regards,
ij1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Lost in the Temple of Doom 'cause I went right instead of left!!!

Post by ij1936 »

You can always go here:
http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.net/produc ... ice&page=2
You'll have to contact them either by phone, fax or e-mail.
Vannevar
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Vannevar »

fyi in november their bash was the Last crusade. you can always talk to HJ directly too.
ij1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Lost in the Temple of Doom 'cause I went right instead of left!!!

Post by ij1936 »

Pagey wrote:Order open crown and you can style it how you like. I've never had a pre-bashed hat in my life, except my very first HJ which was lightly bashed and subsequently rebashed by Moi. I really believe that self-bashing is essential in getting the right style for YOU
Agreed! Every hat that I have ever had I've had to re-bash save one: my HJ from Lee Keppler from 1990.
BendingOak
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

hat

Post by BendingOak »

Steve got my adventurebilt just the way I like it.
Fedora jr.
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Fedora jr. »

I like to play with the bashes on my hats myself to get them the way I like them.
Jessep
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Jessep »

haha, I have a hat, not the HJ, wich I want. But it is still mint because I havnt gone on any real out doors adventures yet. Has flew off in traffic tho leaving me chasing after it. LOL~Z
taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by taikonaut »

ij1936 wrote:You can always go here:
http://www.swaineadeneybrigg.net/produc ... ice&page=2
You'll have to contact them either by phone, fax or e-mail.
After emailing HJ directly I got an email from Swain from the website above about the Indy hat and they mentioned "we still make them, etc", so I would believe Swain is a retail arm of HJ. I watched for the first time the bonus scene in the Indy box set trilogy on dvd and the female costumer said she went to Savile Row were HJ was based, this contradict from comment by Mr Swail of HJ who said Lucas and Spielberg were the two who visited the shop or another mentioned Lucas and a costumer.

Also I believe HJ is situated in St James street and not Savile Row itself.
Skippy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Riding the Mongolian steppes......or London, England.

Post by Skippy »

Pagey wrote:The Current shop is in St James St where they have a selection of Indy hats and unmodified Poets. Not very inspiring though.
Just a bit! I popped in there last week & had a look at the Indy fedoras again. They don't show much love in trying to display & promot these hat, with them all piled up & jammed down on top of each other, so the ribbons are a mess :?

First one I picked up had had the bash put in at the back of the hat! :shock: Pitiful :(
taikonaut
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by taikonaut »

Actually HJ previous address since established was in New Bond Street before its present address in St James Street. They never had a shop in the prestigious Saville Row and no retailer in their own mind would forfeit their business premises in that stretch of road. Its more likely the costumer when she was researching for a hat had indeed found an off the shelf hat from a retailer at Saville Row who happen to stock HJ range of the Poet and when asked the retailer pointed to nearby New Bond Street for a better range and fits. Its quite possible it was Lucas, Spielberg and Harrison Ford made the trip to HJ at New Bond Street hence the conflicting stories.