Leather care

From falls & poppers to plaiting & cracking technique, this section is dedicated in memory of Sergei, IndyGear Staff Member and Whip Guru. Always remember to keep "Celebratin' Life!"

Moderator: BullWhipBorton

montana
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Leather care

Post by montana »

I found this leather care in a shop nearby. I just wanted to know if it would work as whipdressing.

And if not, you maybe can recommend any other stuff on this site that would work as whipdressing.

Description

It's bright pink and gooey. Simply a grease which renovates and revives tired saddlery, or protects leather from evils such as mould and mildew when in storage. Will not rot stitching and can be used on metal to prevent rusting.

And Here is The Link:
http://www.quayequestrian.com/cdm/Produ ... aspx?id=71
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

Be wary of any site advocating neats foot oil as a leather treatment. In fact bright pink leather dressing probably has some artificial additives as well. Read here firstif you have not already:
montana
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by montana »

Ok thanks, just wanted to be sure, I´ll look for something that does not contain the neat foots oil stuff... :shock:
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

The site is down, but I am not sure that product contained Neat's Foot oil. I did see them recommend it elsewhere on the site is all..
montana
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by montana »

Ahh, now I have asked and the product does not contain Neats Foot Oil, so I guess I can use... 8)
rick5150
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by rick5150 »

What I am trying to unsuccessfully say is that a site that advocates Neat's Foot Oil as leather care, may not be very knowledgable about other products either. Bright pink? Caveat Emptor.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Why are people always looking for an alternate to use instead of Picards? Is it so hard to go to the Picards website and order the right thing and be done with it? Sheeesh....
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Well, just to be fair, sometimes Pecards isn't available locally, and many folks don't have a credit card to order it online, so you work with what is available. Been there, done that. What I've found is that many times other brands are actually using Pecards as the product, but selling it under their own brand name. Redwings has done it for years....Regards. Michaelson
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Michaelson wrote:Well, just to be fair, sometimes Pecards isn't available locally, and many folks don't have a credit card to order it online, so you work with what is available. Been there, done that. What I've found is that many times other brands are actually using Pecards as the product, but selling it under their own brand name. Redwings has done it for years....Regards. Michaelson
Oh, I gotcha. For the ones that are still stickin' their money under their mattress. :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Or continually handing it out to their kids. :roll: :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

or maxed out their cards on gear. I'm sure that's not anyone here. 8-[
zeus36
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by zeus36 »

Here is even more info on leather care:

http://www.obenaufs.com/leathercare.php ... 201b8e1c6a
Robert Duke
Vendor

Post by Robert Duke »

I am a Pecard dealer. You can send me a checkfor any of my products.
$5 for a 6 ounce tub plus S&H

Send me an email or pm if interested.

Robert Duke