Leather care

Discuss technique for prolonging the life of your gear or giving it that aged look

Moderator: Dalexs

thunderquack
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Leather care

Post by thunderquack »

I was at one of the local tack shops today and came across a bottle of " JobSite Leather Lotion". On the bottle it says Cleans, polishes ,protects, conditions . Has anyone ever used this stuff ? Im just wondering if it would work on my whip bag strap, and other leather gear.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

"Don't touch it, it's evil!"

Sorry, I don't know anything about it, I just hadn't gotten to say that in a while...

...The 'Knower Of Things' will be on again in the morning, Tennesee time, and I'm sure he'll have an answer for you. ;)

In the meantime, does it say anything else about the contents, at all? I looked around online and can't find any matches for 'jobsite leather lotion'.

J
thunderquack
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by thunderquack »

Theres nothing on the bottle about ingredients., but there is a website: manakey.com. Heyyyy this stuff can be used on lizard and alligator!
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Make sure it doesn't contain animal fats or like materials, as those can turn rancid and actually rot the cotton stitches of the seams. Go to the website and read all you can regarding the ingredients. I'm moving this to the 'care' section.

Personally I've never heard of the product. Is it actually made by this company, or is it Pecards in sheep's clothing? They are the subcontractor to so many 'leather care' companies, it's not funny!

Regards. Michaelson
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

thunderquack wrote: Heyyyy this stuff can be used on lizard and alligator!
But is difficult to get them to stay still.
ij1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist
Location: Lost in the Temple of Doom 'cause I went right instead of left!!!

Post by ij1936 »

Hemingway Jones wrote:
thunderquack wrote: Heyyyy this stuff can be used on lizard and alligator!
But is difficult to get them to stay still.
Once you do, I can guarantee you'll have the shiniest, most protected alligator around! :shock: :D :wink: