Alden Boots

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

kriegfeld jr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Alden Boots

Post by kriegfeld jr »

Has anyone recieved their Aldens before the expected 3 month wait.
IndyMo
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by IndyMo »

Ordered mine on October 2 2004 and received 2 weeks later.

Mike
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

I sent a money order from Ottawa Canada to SanFran, CA on a Tuesday, and received the Aldens on the following Tuesday...one week to the day!

I had spoken to Jim a few days prior to set up the order, and then sent the payment.

GREAT people to deal with!
IndianaWill
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaWill »

Ordered mine on the 14th.March 2005,recieved mine Yesterday,the 18th.March2005.
I ordered mine from Vans Shoes. use this url www.alden-shoe.com MenShoeNet.com . I paid @259.95 for them. There great. I also called the Alden shop to get a proper fit. 1-800-325-4252 ,this is the shoe shop.

I would E-MAil them or give them a telephone call or Fax them. It also advised on the Alden site that there may be a 10 to 12 week delay on some orders on sizes. This may be the case. I do hope you get them soon! :!: Good Luck!
kriegfeld jr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by kriegfeld jr »

Yeah...I'm a size 9e, and it sounds like those are in high demand. I ordered mine on the 20th of Feb. No shoes yet. I leave for Europe on May 3rd and I was hoping to get them before I shoved off. Rats!
Montresor
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Alden shoes

Post by Montresor »

I just ordered mine the other day (frome the Alden Shop in SF) and was told that there is a backorder on D and E sizes. I'll let you know when I get them.
IndianaOkie
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by IndianaOkie »

I just found a pair of 8D's in New York and got them in 4 days.

"Google" Alden boots in New York or Washington DC. You might have some luck.

John O.
kriegfeld jr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by kriegfeld jr »

I don't see what good it would do as I have already ordered them. :(
IndianaOkie
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by IndianaOkie »

Since you said you wanted them before May, I figured you could inquire if your order could be canceled and then call around to see if there were stores that had your size. If so, buy them and cancel your order. That’s what I did and I had them in a few days.

Good Luck.

John O.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

If anyone finds size 7D anywhere I could do with a pair before 10th April. Please let me know!!

Ken :)
kriegfeld jr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by kriegfeld jr »

Thats a good Idea...I'll call this morning!
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Re: Alden shoes

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Whiskey? wrote:I just ordered mine the other day (frome the Alden Shop in SF) and was told that there is a backorder on D and E sizes. I'll let you know when I get them.
I have posted this a couple of times. The Alden shop in SF is not a factory owned store. The one in Washington DC is. The one in DC carries the boots in D widths in stock and if you ordered from them you could have had them in a couple of days. They also provide you with replacement laces for free for life. You will find that this is a pretty good deal as these laces aren't easy to come by. Of course, you can also order the laces from them and pay for them if you bought yours from some other store.
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Indiana Ken wrote:If anyone finds size 7D anywhere I could do with a pair before 10th April. Please let me know!!

Ken :)
This guy has one in 638-D. Oh...wait...it's a Red Wing. Nevermind.

RED WING, Minn. -- Using ladders, cranes and special rigging, company employees and retirees have built a supersized "638-D'' replica of the company's classic workboot No. 877. The boot stands 16 feet tall and is 20 feet long. The Guinness Book of Records recognized the boot as the world's largest shoe. (02/08/05 AP photo)
Montresor
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Re: Alden shoes

Post by Montresor »

Bufflehead Jones wrote:
Whiskey? wrote:I just ordered mine the other day (frome the Alden Shop in SF) and was told that there is a backorder on D and E sizes. I'll let you know when I get them.
I have posted this a couple of times. The Alden shop in SF is not a factory owned store. The one in Washington DC is. The one in DC carries the boots in D widths in stock and if you ordered from them you could have had them in a couple of days. They also provide you with replacement laces for free for life. You will find that this is a pretty good deal as these laces aren't easy to come by. Of course, you can also order the laces from them and pay for them if you bought yours from some other store.
Didn't know that. I just assumed that when they said they were back ordered it meant that the factory was out of them. In hindsight I can see that it could have been taken another way too. Anyway I'm a patient man, good thing too because I guess it's about a 4-12 week wait.
kriegfeld jr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by kriegfeld jr »

I called DC this morning and they said they were out. They also told me that they were not a factory. They said that the factory supplies them. They didn't tell me where the factory was but they did say there was a massive leather shortage. NY was out also.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

kriegfeld jr wrote:I called DC this morning and they said they were out. They also told me that they were not a factory. They said that the factory supplies them. They didn't tell me where the factory was but they did say there was a massive leather shortage. NY was out also.
I didn't say they were a factory. I said that they were a factory OWNED store. The store in San Francisco is independently owned. If the DC store is out of them, then they are going to be hard to find, right now.
kriegfeld jr
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by kriegfeld jr »

Factory, factory owned, whatever...the point is that they are dependent on being supplied from the factory and they told me they would just have to wait their turn like everyone else. The bottom line is nobody is getting their shoes before the 12 week delay unless you have crazy feet or something.