Is Noel Howad coming back?

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Is Noel Howad coming back?

Post by Han Jones »

I have head people talking about NH selling gear out of his house soon. Does anyone know when and if this will happen.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Yup, that's what Noel told me he was planning to do.

There are a couple of other threads about this already - as far as I know, there have been no defelopments since the news 'broke' :

http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8955
Rob
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Rob »

I've heard nowt.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Do tell, Rob.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Rob?
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

I think he means nowt as in nothing

Ken
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I know what it means guys, I guess I need to be completely clear.

Rob,
What did you hear about Noel not coming back and where?
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

OK. I get it now.
Yossarian
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wested says, "no tie from Noel"

Post by Yossarian »

Hey, while I was visiting the Wested Leather Co. onsite last week in Kent, I spoke to Peter about the LC tie and how one might get a hold of one. He telephoned a fellow named Lee who used to work with Noel apparently. Lee told him that Noel was out of the business, possibly for good.

Since Lee had taken over for Noel with his own new company several years back, Peter asked him about the tie. Lee said that he hadn't had any on hand in quite some time and had no plans at the present of getting any more of them. Lee went on to relay that the only way he sees himself getting any ties, is if someone wanted to order 30 of them.

Afterwards, Peter told me that the LC crew had originally found the tie at Harrods in London and that it was still there for people to buy. You can imagine that I was VERY elated to hear this! Unfortunately, my trip to Harrods late that evening revealed that they no longer carried it.

I am sure that a black irish poplin tie can be obtained from someone on this earth. So far, I haven't found anyone.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

No Noel?!?!

Post by Neolithic »

Yossarian wrote:Hey, while I was visiting the Wested Leather Co. onsite last week in Kent, I spoke to Peter about the LC tie and how one might get a hold of one. He telephoned a fellow named Lee who used to work with Noel apparently. Lee told him that Noel was out of the business, possibly for good.

Since Lee had taken over for Noel with his own new company several years back, Peter asked him about the tie. Lee said that he hadn't had any on hand in quite some time and had no plans at the present of getting any more of them. Lee went on to relay that the only way he sees himself getting any ties, is if someone wanted to order 30 of them.
So what does this mean? There is someone called Lee who is the new Noel?

Is it all over?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I own one of the M.B.A. LC ties, and it is made by a UK company called Atkinsons. Hope that helps!
Yossarian
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Yossarian »

If one will contact Peter at Wested, he will give you Lee's number. He said that he would only bother to make a LC tie if 30 of them were ordered. I have no idea how much that would cost.
Obi Wan and Only
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Atkinsons

Post by Obi Wan and Only »

I still have the tag from my tie I got from Noel. No address, sadly, but it does say "Royal Irish Poplin", referring to the fabric. Maybe Google it?
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

Irish poplin is silk and wool (worsted). Haven't seen the fabric myself, but does it feel a tad rougher than silk for those who own one of the ties? Or just as smooth only thicker?

Just curious. ;)

Regards,
Swindiana
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

I would love to see Noel Howard make a comeback. I own his Raiders' shirt and pants and would love to buy another set. If anyone hears anything new, please let me know.

E. Vader
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

EV;
Sorry to be off topic, but are you a PJ fan?

;)

Regards,
Swindiana
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

For sure!:) I thought it made a quite catchy screen name.

E. Vader
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by Scandinavia Jones »

Re: LC tie -

Richard Atkinson & Co Ltd
Address 10 Nicholson Drive
Michelin Rd
NEWTOWNABBEY
BT36 8FD
Tel 028 9084 3323
Fax 028 9084 8504
Email info@atkinsons-irishpoplin-ties.com
Website www.atkinsons-irishpoplin-ties.com

The above webpage link is dead and I haven't tried the e-mail yet... still, this contact info might come in handy when endeavouring to find an accurate LC tie.
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

Scandinavia Jones wrote:Re: LC tie -

Richard Atkinson & Co Ltd
Address 10 Nicholson Drive
Michelin Rd
NEWTOWNABBEY
BT36 8FD
Tel 028 9084 3323
Fax 028 9084 8504
Email info@atkinsons-irishpoplin-ties.com
Website www.atkinsons-irishpoplin-ties.com

The above webpage link is dead and I haven't tried the e-mail yet... still, this contact info might come in handy when endeavouring to find an accurate LC tie.
Hey thats near to where I used to live in Northern Ireland. Its a shame we didnt know about this back when I lived there.

Ken

PS - regarding sources for the tie I know that the closest one I have is one used by my Dad in the Fire Brigade - it might not be 100% the correct material but it certainly looks the part. what exactly is it that people are looking for in a replica tie?
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Funny, Ken - I actually thought you might chime in regarding the location! :D

Well, I'm sending them an e-mail - we'll see if that address is a valid one soon (the webpage link wasn't).
Indiana Ken wrote:what exactly is it that people are looking for in a replica tie?
For me, that would be the very brand and model of tie. If it is established that the Atkinson tie was used, and that very model is still available, then that's what I want...
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

If you have any problems on the email front let me know and I can give them a ring. And if you can wait till July I will be going back home at some point and can always call in.

Ken
Scandinavia Jones
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Cheers, Ken. My e-mail didn't bounce back as undeliverable - I take that as a good sign. Will let y'all know about the proceedings...
Swindiana
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Swindiana »

You got me droolin' and hopin' too boys. ;)

Count me in!

Regards,
Swindiana
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

EV good to see you around these parts. I'm surprised we don't ever run into each other since we live so close. Don't be a stranger around here.
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

ITG,

Thanks for the welcome. I try not to be a stranger, but family and real world commitments tend to keep me quite busy. Also, over the past few years, I have been concentrating more on SW props.

I did see you from a distance at the post office on Green Oaks around Christmas. The line was about 3/4 of a mile long and I saw you with your bag and jacket. BTW, I like the weathering you did on the jacket.:)

E. Vader
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

eddie vader wrote:ITG,

I did see you from a distance at the post office on Green Oaks around Christmas. The line was about 3/4 of a mile long and I saw you with your bag and jacket. BTW, I like the weathering you did on the jacket.:)

E. Vader
You did and you didn't say "hi"???? Oh man, it would have been great to have chatted with ya. Yeah, I just bought a house last year and just live down the road from that post office. They are always busy. Actually that jacket was distressed when I bought it second hand (distressed using nailpolish remover in fact), but I just got an authentic lamb TOD that I love. It's undistressed and I may eventually take my hand an distressing it...kinda nervous about doing that, but I think it'd be fun.

So you've been in the SW scene lately? Are you making it to Celebration 3 next month? In May there's going to be a Star WArs convention in Dallas in case you hadn't heard...
www.scifiexpo.com
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

Congrats on the house.:) Sure gives a lot more room to display props.

Well, the nailpolish remover worked well. It is primarily acetone, IIRC. Go ahead and try your hand at distressing. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Yes, I have been primarily collecting SW stuff. It can get quite expensive, but it sure is fun.:)

I will not be attending C3, although I truly want to go. I do not seem to have as much free time as I used to, which I am sure most of us can relate to.

I have heard about the Plano convention, but I haven't decided whether or not to attend.
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

eddie vader wrote:Congrats on the house.:) Sure gives a lot more room to display props.
Yeah I have a whole room now...half of it is Star Wars...other half is INdy and toys I had from the 80s that my dad kept.
I have heard about the Plano convention, but I haven't decided whether or not to attend.
You definitely should. They usually have people from Master Replicas selling some of their newer items. Prices ain't too bad. I bought a $150 lightsaber for $100 (Anakin one that came out maybe 1.5 years ago).
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote: You definitely should. They usually have people from Master Replicas selling some of their newer items. Prices ain't too bad. I bought a $150 lightsaber for $100 (Anakin one that came out maybe 1.5 years ago).
Was that an LE or an FX version? If it was an LE, that was a great deal. If you are interested in other MR pieces, I have a supplier that is local and gives great discounts.

If take a look at my website, you can see what I have been doing over the past couple of years. Star Wars has totally dominated my pocketbook.:)

E. Vader
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

It's the FX (or at least that's what the box says...not sure what an LE is...perhaps just the handle mounted on a stand?)...I might be interested in your local supplier when MR starts doing Indy replicas. Thanks for the tidbit. I looked at your website, you have quite the collection. Wow! m That stormtrooper costume is somethin' else.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

The LE stands for the Limited Edition saber hilts.

Regards

Al
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

Indiana Texas-girl wrote:It's the FX (or at least that's what the box says...not sure what an LE is...perhaps just the handle mounted on a stand?)...I might be interested in your local supplier when MR starts doing Indy replicas. Thanks for the tidbit.

As stated in the above post, the LE stands for limited edition. The LE sabers are given numbers and are limited in production. The FX sabers tend to be a little larger to accomodate the guts needed to power the blade.
I looked at your website, you have quite the collection. Wow! m That stormtrooper costume is somethin' else.
Thanks. I am hoping to have an ESB Vader completed in the next couple of months. It will have taken over 18 months to complete.

E. Vader
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Cough, cough... What was that original question again? :-k ( :wink: )
eddie vader
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by eddie vader »

Right, sorry to take it off-topic.

So, has anyone heard anything new on this? I would definitely be interested in pants and shirts.

E. Vader
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Oops, sorry Steve.

Eddie, I'd love to see it when it's completed. Okay, I'm done. back on topic...

No I haven't heard the latest on Noel, but am interested in any updates. Hope the chap is doing well.
henryindianajonesjr44
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

cool

Post by henryindianajonesjr44 »

Hey Han Jones, I see your from the QC. I thought I was the only one in the QC with Indy gear
Andrew :wink: