Indy Gear finds

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

D. Blank
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Indy Gear finds

Post by D. Blank »

I was in the local Kohls department store today and I found some Khaki Dockers with back flap pockets on BOTH pockets. they were $30. the dockers website for this style shows them with only one pocket so the ones I found may be from last season: http://www.us.dockers.com/fal02a/docker ... 2988451741
Also at Farm & Fleet I found a brown webbing belt with brass buckle for $3. My local Army surplus store did not carry these belts in brown. Farm and Fleet also carrys the Wells Lamont 1130 gloves for $8. Shop around you might be surprised with what you find. Also I'm still looking for more answers about the Indy holsters: http://www.indygear.com/community/forum ... php?t=1250
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

Does Farm & Fleet have a website? I can't say I've ever heard of them.
geordie jones
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by geordie jones »

I think this is there website. www.farmfleet.com
I have just asked for info(prices/shipping) on the wells lamont gloves to be emailed to me, if they have any.
Imahomer
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Imahomer »

I don't think that is the web site your looking for. That's one for farm equipment! If your looking for a good deal on red handled hitch pins, rotomec finishing mowers and grain auger hoppers.. that's the place to go. However, for Indy type pants... I don't think so.
D. Blank
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by D. Blank »

I don't think they have a website, this is all I could find: http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ ... gT:1:fbT:0
schwammy
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by schwammy »

Hm. I've heard of Mill's Fleet Farm, but never Farm & Fleet.
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

D. Blank,

I grew up in central Illinois and thought that Farm and Fleet was a local merchant in Bloomington, Il. So, this is the first I've heard of it outside of Bloomington, much less Illinois.

My point is that perhaps no one else will be familiar with that store than you and myself. BTW I live in north Georgia now but thanks for the tip!
Henri Defense
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Henri Defense »

You've never heard of Farm and Fleet? Hmm, maybe it's a Wisconsin thing. Yes they sell farm stuff but they sell other stuff too, like boots and few clothing items etc...

Henri
Illinois Troy
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Illinois Troy »

Yeah, there are couple farm and fleet in Illinois, but what is most prevalent here is 'RURAL KING'.

Illinois
Indiana Joe
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Indiana Joe »

DOH!

That's what I get for not remembering my fellow Gearheads' locations under their avatars. Sorry--I didn't mean to exclude anyone. There are obviously other midwesterners here too! My humblest apologies....
D. Blank
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by D. Blank »

Yes Unfortunatly it looks like not everyone will be able to benifit from this find, but my point was those of us still looking for some gear might want to check out stores they wouldn't normally go to, they just might find something nearby for much less than what some of the online stores are selling it for.