Who has (makes) the best holster

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

mollet44
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Who has (makes) the best holster

Post by mollet44 »

Looking for a holster - the only place I have seen one is Todds Costumes. I like the deluxe version. Are there other options?
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

Yes, Lee Keppler makes an accurate, and nearly indestructible holster for a very afforable price. See http://www.adventure-supply.com
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

Lee's is the best that there is to be had, I would recommend it above all others. It distresses perfectly and is as far as I am concerned 100% accurate. It's truely worth ever single penny.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

I own a repro spotsmans guild Webley holster, Last crusade style - I'm happy with it, but it depends what you are looking for.

I've heard very good things about the keppler but I don't know how long the wait time is...but its rather a long time, I think.

You can sometimes snag an original holster on the 'bay - just keep lookin' and they do come up.

Failing that, I think Indiana Dudley was also offering a nice holster - you might want to check that but I believe he had something in the works, at least.

Regards

Al
RelicHunter
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by RelicHunter »

I have Todd's holster, and the quality is top notch. His whole gunbelt assembly is great.
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

My holster is from western stage props. I think it is the same as a keppler and most likely not as long a wait time to get it.
TCS
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by TCS »

I am very picky when it comes to my holsters. I have had a Keppler in the past and am about to order another. I also have one of Todds. To me they are both screen accurate, but the leather on the Keppler in a little thicker. I carry my 1917 S&W every day, so I need a good quality holster that will hold up to daily use. Both holsters are great. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Hope this is helpful. :D

Regards,
TCS
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

I have the Keppler and I can say that it's pretty darn screen accurate in terms of the design but the color is slightly off, at least the older version. I've seen newer versions that looked more a medium brown like in the film and they looked good. The leather is thick though as mentioned above and is not as lightweight as the film holster. But, if you're looking to actually use it, it would make sense to have a heavier leather.
Todd's looked great. The color looks solid and I've been told the leather is lighter than the Keppler. I'd love to see one someday in person.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

I think Lee has had problems with his last supplier so is in the middle of changing holsters. I'm not sure if anyone has seen the new ones. I've been waiting some time for his holster, so you may find he'll take a while, but he does come through.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

Hey Neo, whatcha doin' in that cool new avatar?
VP
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by VP »

Umm, it looks like he's sitting on something.
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

Hey Neo, whatcha doin' in that cool new avatar?
I was up on the top of Mt Wellington yesterday, which is the mountain behind Hobart in Tasmania:
Yossarian
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Yossarian »

I've got a Webley MK VI coming in this week, so I frantically searched for an appropriate holster all weekend long. At the suggestion of a COW poster, I went to the following link:

http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... e4a113b185

The $29.95 price was right. I have seen many others priced as much as $80. The 2 pictures that they have are a little scary though. I can't tell which one it is, and truthfully, I am not so sure that I am completely happy with either one.

I am hoping that someone might be able to push me in the right direction to make it screen accurate, if indeed, it becomes necessary.

I like Kepler's holster, but he only offers the Raider's version. Since he has the best, I wish that he would offer one for a Webley.

http://www.adventure-supply.com/adventu ... tm#Holster
Panama Tom Jr.
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Panama Tom Jr. »

Actually, although not mentioned on his website, Lee was offering Webley holsters at one time - http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=webley
You may need to contact him to find out if he's still offering them...
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

The only way to make an IMA holster screen accurate for TOD or LC is to get some dark leather dye. The holster for the most part is correct and should hold the gun. But, the leather is too light and doesn't absorb Pecards too quickly. I haven't dyed a holster before but I can imagine it could get a little messy.

Pyro.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Is the MBA Raiders holster accurate for the film?
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

Indiana Gater wrote:Is the MBA Raiders holster accurate for the film?
I never heard anyone really dispute the accuracy of the holster. Of course you know MBA is no longer available. Unless Noel has come back to the market.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Fortunately, I have just bought one in great condition from a fellow member. it should be in transit very soon. I have seen pics, but am anxious to add it to the collection of MBA Gear.

The colour seems a tad light, too, so that's why I ask.
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Yes, it is inaccurate but now I wish I'd have kept mine. The color is light and there are a couple of design elements different from what's seen on the screen but the leather is alot closer than any of the other offerings I've seen. Nice and thin.
whipwarrior

Post by whipwarrior »

I bought one of Keppler's Webley holsters back when he first offered them and it is, without a doubt, one of the finest gun holsters that I've seen in my life. The leather is thick, built like a tank, with machine-perfect stitching. I don't see how he can sell such high quality leatherware at such an affordable price, but he does.
Dalexs
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dalexs »

Although the color of Lees holsters have been an issue off and on, a bit of leather dye and distressng solve that problem very quickly.

Lee's holsters are also designed as real gun holsters, not just prop replicas. They are made much better then theothers I've seen and handled.

Dalexs
Peacock's Eye
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Peacock's Eye »

Neo, did you use your whip to get to the top of that rock?