UPDATED Raiders Gunbelt Buckle & My New TOD/TLC belts

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

UPDATED Raiders Gunbelt Buckle & My New TOD/TLC belts

Post by Texas Jones »

I just wanted to let you all know that I am offering a Temple/Crusade style Gunbelt. They are a lighter brown and have a more distressed appearance than the Raiders Gunbelt. Other differences will be the lack of the metal keeper, rounded end, more squared buckle in nickel color - all made to be screen-accurate to the two sequels.

I also updated and improved my Raiders buckle. Same price, just better looking.

CHECH OUT MORE PICS HERE: www.texasactiongear.com/gunbelt

Also, as you may have seen, I am currently offering web belts--both brown and khaki.

Some other things in the works:

Prop guns including but not limited to the S&W revolver, Browning HI-POWER, Webley, and the German MP-40 Machine Gun.

I am also planning on moving my site towards the area of other outdoor gear apparel and equipment. These items will be classic style, Indy-esque "adventure" items. Yes, they will be items that go very well with your current gear.

I will of course keep you all updated. Thank you for your continued support.

Regards,
TJ[/img]
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

Updated 1/18/05
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

It's looking really good. I like the metal keeper. Me, personally, I prefer the shape of the Wal-Mart buckle. To me, it seems more classic.

Just my $0.02

Pyro
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Wal-Mart buckle?!?. What Wal-Mart buckle?? I didn't know there was that option. I know they have the close enough shirts, but don't think I heard of the buckle. Pyro, please elabortate.
'Blues
Deadlock
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Deadlock »

Speaking of Walmart, I see the modified shirt is getting some use... :mrgreen:

Also, Texas, got my bagstrap yesterday. VERY nice!
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

Yes, that's the modified Walmart (Faded Glory) shirt! It's probably my favorite shirt, and Mrs. Deadlock did a fantastic job on it.

I'm glad you like your strap!

Regards,
TJ
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

That's one of the best looking belts I've seen for a LONG time, TJ! WELL done!! High regards. Michaelson
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

I have looked into the Wal mart buckle before, and I actually use it as a regular jeans belt. If you are looking for accuracy, this one doesn't quite match up. Believe me, I did my homework and then some! :) The buckle is short and fat, not a slender "bullet tip" shape like in the film. Check out this comparison:

Also, the leather is a cheaper leather stitched over a composite (plastic) body--instead of a 9oz strap and saddle leather with rounded edges and border grooves. But for 10 bucks, and for someone not looking for authenticity, then it's your cup of tea.

The object of my products is 100% durability and authenticity. I will never sell a close-enough.

Thanks for the input and kind words. Ya'll are great!

Regards,
TJ
Han Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Han Jones »

I just recived both the ROTLA with whip holder and LC belts . They are both great. I was very happy with the distressed look. Texas Action Gear is a great resource for us all. If you need a belt give them a serious look. They have great customer service and fast shipping.