Question on sleeve length? Wife says too short!

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Question on sleeve length? Wife says too short!

Post by lowmileage »

I've been holding off sending for my Wested TOD jacket because I want to get my weight to 165-170 which means loosing another 10-15 lbs over the 10 I've already lost. I've already got a too big #44 A2 from the Sarge. Well I saw that Flightsuits had a clearance in a #40 Expedition Lamb for about $180 off their regular price with the only remark that it was "slightly blemished." Well being I had a lot of adventures to the Mall in mind and being so, it was probably going to get beat up anyway :D , I'd thought I'd send for it and have immediate gratification till I could eventially order my Wested TOD Goat. The sleeves go to the end of my wrist - they don't cover any part of the hand. I know for measurement purposes, you measure to the first knuckle of the thumb. That being the case, it's 1 3/4" short. I looked at my tape of TOD and Indy's jacket looks as short as mine. When I looked at the tape of LC, that jacket seems to be the 1 3/4" longer as it starts to cover his hand. From what I've read on the site, as you wear the jacket and get creases in the arm, it will get shorter. Well, I don't want this any shorter. The question is, KEEP or RETURN :?:
indybill
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indybill »

The sleeves on my Wested come to the first knuckle of my thumb and
when sitting in the driving position they come to about 1.5" above my
wrist. I think that you may not like how far those sleeves are going to
be riding up your forearms in a seated position if they're only to your
wrist standing.

Me...I'd return it.

Regards,
Indybill
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

indybill wrote:The sleeves on my Wested come to the first knuckle of my thumb and
when sitting in the driving position they come to about 1.5" above my
wrist. I think that you may not like how far those sleeves are going to
be riding up your forearms in a seated position if they're only to your
wrist standing.

Me...I'd return it.

Regards,
Indybill
Good point, when I get home tonight, I put it on and see where it sits with hands on the steering wheel. Is the shoulder seem on the Wested exact? By that I mean on the FS, the seam is drooped somewhat on the arm and not on my shoulder. Regards, Fred
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

Jacket is being sent back. It is a 40R but with (unadvertised) short sleeves. Too bad, otherwise it is a nice jacket and would have been a good deal at the Clearance price of $249.
Axel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Axel »

lowmileage,

What was the general condition of the leather? You mentioned that G&B called it slightly blemished. What was your impression of the lambskin?

Axel
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

Axel wrote:lowmileage,

What was the general condition of the leather? You mentioned that G&B called it slightly blemished. What was your impression of the lambskin?

Axel
Axle,

While I haven't seen other lambskins to compare it to, it is very nice. On one shoulder, there is a light section which is no big deal - just an "adventure" spot. Everything else appears 100%
regards, Fred
Axel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Axel »

lowmileage,

I think I saw your jacket back on the clearance page on Flightsuits. It is advertised as a 40R torso and 40S sleeves. So it appears that they realized their mistake.

Axel
lowmileage
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by lowmileage »

Axel wrote:lowmileage,

I think I saw your jacket back on the clearance page on Flightsuits. It is advertised as a 40R torso and 40S sleeves. So it appears that they realized their mistake.

Axel
Axel,
They had a jacket on their clearance page last week. A 40 R body with 40T sleeves. I figured this would be good for me since it would be 2" longer than the short. I almost bought it over the internet site but decided first to call Flightsuits just to make sure it would be 2" longer than the short I had. Good thing I did. IT WAS THE JACKET I SENT BACK listed wrong. I almost had the same freakin' jacket back!! They said they would change the listing and I guess they did. For anyone with a 40R body and short sleeves, it is a great buy.