Walmart Indy Shirt

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

MrsDeadlock
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by MrsDeadlock »

Bufflehead is correct... I can confirm that Shirt 1 is the shirt I use. Looks like they're down to only smalls and mediums. (I myself actually bought all the remaining XLs a couple of weeks ago...:))
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Bufflehead Jones »

Well, they are down to just smalls now. I hope they bring these back in the fall.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

MrsDeadlock wrote: (I myself actually bought all the remaining XLs a couple of weeks ago...:))
WOO-HOO! I got dibs!!!!
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Gator,

I found that the XLs were too wide in the chest for me. If you have a Wested XL, the L Faded Glory fits just about the same way.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Buff,

I'm 6'2, with a 48" chest.

Since I already asked Mrs. Dreadlock for the XL's, and I'd hate to change that as it would lead to a possible inconvenience, and I'd prefer not to do that. I like loose, since I can use it to hide my belly :wink:

Ahhhh..loose shirts...the fat guys 'comb-over.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Gator, I wasn't sure about what size you wear. I'm 6'3', 215, and the L fits me just fine. But, I wear a 44 or 46 in a jacket so you are probably okay with the XLs.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Bufflehead Jones wrote:...so you are probably okay with the XLs.
HA! When in doubt, trust the man-boobs!
RIKRAK
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

On Sale $5.80

Post by RIKRAK »

Stuck working on Christmas :oops: and I happened on this here "older" thread. For what it's worth I followed the link to Wal-Mart to view the shirt and like it's :shock: ON SALE :shock: for under :arrow: $6...... by the way so where did this "home grown" modification lead to, does the wife create an "Indy Shirt" for those of us who's wives don't sew????? :roll: :roll:

Rick
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

$5.80 / shirt!!! Too bad they only have Small left, since they still have both the sidewalk (ROTLA) and the sandcastle (which does look like the LC color to me).

Rats. At $6 each, I'd just wear those. And Definitely look like Rainman.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Indiana Jerry wrote:$5.80 / shirt!!! Too bad they only have Small left, since they still have both the sidewalk (ROTLA) and the sandcastle (which does look like the LC color to me).

Rats. At $6 each, I'd just wear those. And Definitely look like Rainman.
Jerry,

I tried to help you out. You posted this on Jan. 19. If you will check back you will see that I posted on Dec 17, that Walmart had these shirts on clearance for $5.80. At that time, they had S, M, and L in the sidewalk color. For the price of two reasonably priced shirts, I bought nine of them.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

hehehe...yeah, I should have started out w/ a 'thanks' for pointing out the low, low price! But I've been off the board for month, so I just read this.

Thanks for the info, Buffle!

Still, there's some younger and/or smaller folks on the board who can STILL take advantage of this. I love these shirts. If they make more, I'll buy more.

J
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Jerry,

I'm just messin' with 'ya. I know that you have been gone for a little while. But you did miss out on a really great deal. Unless you can fit into a small....ummm...I didn't think so.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Bufflehead Jones wrote:Jerry,

I'm just messin' with 'ya. I know that you have been gone for a little while. But you did miss out on a really great deal. Unless you can fit into a small....ummm...I didn't think so.
I don't know...it would be screen accurate for a moment...the exact moment being when the German officer's uniform didn't fit! ;)

(Yes, I know, diff shirt.)
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Jerry,

I hadn't thought of that, but you do have a point.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Only on the top of my head, I'm sure.
Greg
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Greg »

Hi everyone...first post here but I've been "lurking" for a couple weeks.

Just thought I'd tell everyone that some of these shirts may still be available at local Wal-Marts stores. I found a rack of em at our local Wal-Mart and bought a few. They also had two different styles, one being fairly heavier than the other.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Hey, thanks for pointing that out, Greg, and welcome to COW!

The heavier ones are the ones folks did NOT want, but if you like 'em, great!

If you've bought all the ones you think you'll want, go ahead and say where the store is. You'll find out which gearheads live near you in a hurry. :)
Greg
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Greg »

Indiana Jerry wrote:Hey, thanks for pointing that out, Greg, and welcome to COW!

The heavier ones are the ones folks did NOT want, but if you like 'em, great!

If you've bought all the ones you think you'll want, go ahead and say where the store is. You'll find out which gearheads live near you in a hurry. :)
Thanks for nice welcome. I also preferred the lighter-weight shirts (I'm thinking ahead to Spring I guess), but they also just felt "better". Not much of an explanation I know, but it works for me. :wink:

The Wal-Mart I found them in was in Hays, KS.....they only had a few left so if anybody is in that area you better hurry 'fore they run out! I may pick up a couple more....they sure are comfortable.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

That's for sure, I picked up two myself, w/ the intent of cannibalizing one to make pleats & epaulets, but gee, I like em so much I'm gonna wear them till one's busted before I do that.

Really wish I'd picked up a couple in the 'sandcastle' color which seems to work for an LC shirt! (If anyone's sitting on two of those in Large, let me know.)

J
Greg
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Greg »

Indiana Jerry wrote:Really wish I'd picked up a couple in the 'sandcastle' color which seems to work for an LC shirt! (If anyone's sitting on two of those in Large, let me know.)

J
I realize I'm a "newbie" to this board so I'll understand if you say no, but if you want to take the risk of trusting me, I'd be happy to check and see if they have any large sandcastle one's left and pick em up for you.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Were they going for $6 when you picked them up? If so, I'm game if you are. (We can do the rest by PM.)
Greg
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Greg »

The shirts were $9.67 each when I bought em three days ago. I sent you a PM in case you're interested.

Greg
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

The $5.80 price was an online clearance price. They never sold for that low price in the stores that I am aware of.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Greg -

Got the shirts in the mail today - thanks for being generous enough to go out of your way and pick these up for me! :D Helping out fellow gearheads like that is what makes this a great board to be a member of. You just went up 500 posts as far as I'm concerned! ;)

Thanks again! :clap: :tup: :clap:

J

P.S. I asked Greg to pick up a couple of the sandcastle shirts for me - this is NOT the sidewalk color we've been talking about here for ROTLA, but if anybody's wondering, this color looks pretty LC to me! 8)
Greg
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by Greg »

Indiana Jerry wrote:Greg -

Got the shirts in the mail today - thanks for being generous enough to go out of your way and pick these up for me! :D Helping out fellow gearheads like that is what makes this a great board to be a member of. You just went up 500 posts as far as I'm concerned! ;)

Thanks again! :clap: :tup: :clap:

J

P.S. I asked Greg to pick up a couple of the sandcastle shirts for me - this is NOT the sidewalk color we've been talking about here for ROTLA, but if anybody's wondering, this color looks pretty LC to me! 8)
No problem, Jerry....glad to help out when I can. I've been reading this forum for quite a while and you all seem like a great group of people so I decided to take the opportunity to help somebody out and it worked out fine.
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Saw this thread when it started and just looked at it the other day.
I was able to find a couple shirts as well, but it took about 20 minutes of looking. :?
God I hate Walmart!!!

Anyhow, guess this it my next sewing project. :D
Now if I can only find that darn belt. :roll:

Carry on.....

D6
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Okay, since there does appear to be SOME interest in this still, I'm going to do something I wanted to when I first saw these - make a color chart. :)

While I think we fairly well established the color of the 'sidewalk' one, here it is again, but with attention also paid to the color of the 'sandcastle' one, which might make a good LC shirt. (Too bad they're becoming scarce now.)

Now, there's too much variation in different hats and pants, so I'm going to use pretty much one of the nearest things we have to a standard - the Wested Authentic Brown (on lamb). My apologies, but I'm working w/ limited options here. ;)

Here are BOTH the Walmart shirts - 'sandcastle' (maybe an LC color) on the left each time, 'sidewalk' (ROTLA color) on the right each time. Here they are in four different lighting environments, w/ the Authentic Brown Lamb Wested for color gauging.

Top row: indoors, with & without flash (somewhat low-lit room w/ incandescent bulb)
Bottom row: outdoors, direct sunlight vs. shadow (bright sunny day)

(EDITED TO REHOST EXPIRED PIC ON IMAGESHACK.)

I know that's a lot of color variation I know, but HONEST, that's the same two shirts and jacket in the same arrangement each time! Just for oddity's sake, notice that:
- the 'sidewalk' color indoors w/ flash (top left pic, shirt on right)
looks just like
- the 'sandcastle' color outdoors in the shade (bottom right pic, shirt on left)!

Khaki is an odd thing to nail down. The bottom of the 'shirt' page on the IndyGear main site has whole rack of 'khaki' shirts, every one of them a different color. :roll:
Last edited by Indiana Jerry on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bufflehead Jones
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Division 6 wrote:Now if I can only find that darn belt. :roll:

D6
D6,

Are you referring to the web belt? If so, check out this link. For only $2.49 you can have your choice of brown or khaki, to match the movie of your choice. Or, for such a pittance, why not one of each. These are great belts. I have several and they are the same ones that I shipped a case to the GearHeads across the pond a short while back.

http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page49.shtml#web
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Oh, shoot, Div 6, I meant to reply to that as well. Sorry, didn't mean to dis you.

I've got a surplus store the next town over here, if you can't get them from Georgia Outfitters send me a PM and I'll pick up a couple. (They do internet ordering, but it isn't very sophisticated.)

They've got the desert sand /tan as well as the dark brown, but they are $3 or $4 depending on if it's XL or XXL (you cut em down as needed obviously).

J
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Hi Guy's,
Thanks for the info and offers but I have the web belt, I'm looking for the leather one.

The elusive Kenny (Elvis Trooper) said he's seen them and will pick one up the next time he gets a chance.
He lives near by so it's not an issue.

Jerry, No worries. :wink:
Very good comparison pix btw.

D6
MrsDeadlock
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by MrsDeadlock »

I've never seen so many men obsessed with getting the "right" color khaki.....:shock: off to sew now.
MrsDeadlock
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Update on the Mods

Post by MrsDeadlock »

1.) We've stopped doing them in "batches" because we bought all the shirts that we needed before WalMart stopped carrying them. Now we'll pm you for payment at the outset of the work for your shirt, so you are not parted from your money for an extended period of time.

Here is our current customer list:
Indiana Gater
Indiana Jess
Hemingway Jones
Pyroxene
Ace
binkmeisterRick
Snake Plissken
SHARPETOYS

2.) We've worked up a more authentic pocket mod with square corners. The pockets are the same size no matter what size of shirt. WalMart did not scale their pockets and we're not reconstructing the entire flap (which dictates pocket width).

Pocket dimensions:
Width: 5 1/2"
Length from top of flap to bottom of pocket: 6 1/2"

Please note: The Noel Howard shirt had square pockets, however after looking at the films and screen captures (and square pockets on the shirt itself) we've concluded that the pockets are taller than they are wide. (If you don't believe us, go look carefully at the Indy shirt pics on the main site - it's been a past time of ours for several weeks now.)

Pics of a large shirt with deluxe pockets:

3.) We've revised our pricing a little. A regular shirt with shipping (within the USA & Canada) is now $40, and the deluxe mod (with squared off pockets) is $50 shipped (to the USA & Canada).

4.) Any current customers may request the deluxe pockets.

5.) We've received many requests from those of you who have two shirts of their own. We will be opening up to these orders after we've finished with our current list of customers. Watch the classifieds, we'll be posting there.

Thanks for your patience and adulation it has been our pleasure to sew for you.

~Mr. and Mrs. Deadlock
(Yes, he's been roped into production too!)
Feraud
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Feraud »

The revision to the pocket looks very good. I cannot wait to get my shirts modified!
HJJr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HJJr »

Great to hear. Looks outstanding.

I will be watching for your classified notice to ship my shirts in.

Best regards.
Division 6
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by Division 6 »

Cool find on the pocket.
I'll keep that in mind when I mod my shirt. :wink:

D6
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

If I could paypal you the money or send a check I'm in for a large. Really sweet job your wife did... :D High praise. I'll PM you to be sure.

Cheers,
Jeff
Colby
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Colby »

Looks like there has been a lot of updates since I've been gone. Sorry for being out of touch for so long Mrs. Deadlock. 8-[ Things have been busy for me since November because I just recently got into my first semester of college and I've been a bit wrapped up. :?
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

While COW was down, I received 2 of the MrsDeadlock WalMart Indy shirts, and I must say just how impressed and happy I am with these shirts. I am wearing one at work today, and to go out tonight with friends. Since receiving these shirts, I have not even worn my Wested, deciding to keep it for 'special occasions'. MrsDeadlock got the pattern near perfect. The squared pockets, pleat strips, and the epaulettes are maticulous. I couldn't be happier with these shirts, and hope to have them for a long long time.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Mine arrived today and I totally agree with you Gater. Now I wished I would have ordered a couple more of them. I actually prefer these to the Noel Howard shirt I had a couple of years ago. Thanks again MrsDeadlock!
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

:D Well I recived my shirt and WOW, how nice it is. I aggree with Jess and wished I had orderd a few more. On a side note the Wal-mart near me still has these sirts in "sandcastle" and for $4.98 :shock: Perhaps I will go and pick up a few (dozen) :wink:

Cheers,
Jeff
Ace
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ace »

:D
Just got my shirt with deluxe pockets. It fits perfect, and I even like the color :wink:
Mrs. D. did a great job. Fantastic, wish I have ordered more than one.

Ace
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Does any one know when she's doing another batch? I have two shirts just waiting to send to her as well as another older kahki shirt I want here to make into a Indy shirt (yes I have two of these oldere shirts)
I've asked her mamny time as to when but I only get an answer of watch the classifeids.
Croft
MrsDeadlock
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Post by MrsDeadlock »

Dear Croft (and other patient patrons)...

Sorry once again for the slow rate that I've been able to turn out these shirts. :oops: Please understand that I never intended this to be the phenomenon that it has become. I don't have an army of sweatshop labor at my disposal, nor the luxury of staying home to make shirts all day! I have to spend nights and weekends sewing these things. I don't want to make excuses, but I simply must beg for your patience.

Also, I feel it necessary to mention that my time to work has been reduced lately (and will probably continue to be reduced in the near future). The Deadlock household will be moving this summer, and we are occupied with the irritating and time-consuming rituals of preparing our house to sell and finding a new place to hang my sewing machine. :?

Again, thank you for patience.
Ark Hunter
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Ark Hunter »

I think my local Wally World has already moved to spring/summer cloths. :( Any one have an extra Large or set of larges. (or and extra moded one? :) )
HJJr
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by HJJr »

MrsDeadlock wrote:Dear Croft (and other patient patrons)...

Sorry once again for the slow rate that I've been able to turn out these shirts. :oops: Please understand that I never intended this to be the phenomenon that it has become. I don't have an army of sweatshop labor at my disposal, nor the luxury of staying home to make shirts all day! I have to spend nights and weekends sewing these things. I don't want to make excuses, but I simply must beg for your patience.

Also, I feel it necessary to mention that my time to work has been reduced lately (and will probably continue to be reduced in the near future). The Deadlock household will be moving this summer, and we are occupied with the irritating and time-consuming rituals of preparing our house to sell and finding a new place to hang my sewing machine. :?

Again, thank you for patience.
Understood. Thanks for the update, best wishes for the move, and we're still your loyal fans.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

MrsDeadlock wrote:Sorry once again for the slow rate that I've been able to turn out these shirts. :oops:
Don't fret, Mrs. D - you are just one person. Instead of worrying about what hasn't been done, I think a lot of folks here would want you to realize what you HAVE done - you've turned out quite a lot of great Indy shirts, and you never had to offer that service to these folks, but you did, and they appreciate it.

Take care of your home, and let us know how it's going. ;)

J