Squeaky 405's

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

Fedoraman
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Squeaky 405's

Post by Fedoraman »

Indy
Last edited by Fedoraman on Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

AFLACK!!!! :lol:

It could very well be the newness of the shoes. I have the tongues of my Aldens stitched at the top to the rest of the shoe to prevent sliding, so this particular squeak hasn't happened to me. Yep, I'm trying to coax a squeak out of them now and all I can get is "Hey! Lay off! It's bad enough I'm on your feet!" :shock:

bink
bclead
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bclead »

binkmeisterRick wrote:AFLACK!!!! :lol:

It could very well be the newness of the shoes. I have the tongues of my Aldens stitched at the top to the rest of the shoe to prevent sliding, so this particular squeak hasn't happened to me. Yep, I'm trying to coax a squeak out of them now and all I can get is "Hey! Lay off! It's bad enough I'm on your feet!" :shock:

bink
How do they talk with their tongues stitched?? Anyway, I'm kinda worried that you've taken to communicating with your footwear :lol: :wink:

As far as the squeek, I had that at first too, but after a couple of rounds of Pecards, and some usage it went away.

..........Bruce
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Hey Bink, quick question.
I have the tongues of my Aldens stitched at the top to the rest of the shoe to prevent sliding
Can you take a pic of this, I'd like to see how you did this?
Croft

(sorry didn't mean to borroow this thread for my own use).
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Here's a pic of my Aldens, though you can't tell where the stitching is. That's because they stitch over the existing stitching at the top of the ankle seam to hide the tongue stitch.

http://public.fotki.com/binkmeisterRick ... dens1.html

If you take your Aldens to a cobbler, they could do it while you wait (if they've got the time) and it should only cost you a couple bucks, literally. Again, all they do is stitch a part of the top of the shoe's tongue across the existing stitching on the ankle seam. This is done toward the inside of the shoe. The one side of the tongue is only "tacked" in place at the top, so you can still lace your shoes easily. All it does is prevent the tongue from sliding around while you wear your shoes.

Does that answer your question?

bink
Indiana Croft
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer
Location: In Marakesh looking for that Idol. Or some where in N.H.

Post by Indiana Croft »

Yea thanks Bink, although one last quick one eh, does the cobbler only sew one side right? :roll:
Croft
(liked the other pic's in your collection whats the calibur on the pistol or is that one of those resin guns).
IndyBlues
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by IndyBlues »

Yes, they only( or should only) sew one side of the tongue down.
Here is a pic of the inside, because as Bink stated, if the cobbler is worth his salt, you won't be able to see the modification from the outside, yet it works great for the dreaded slipped tongue.
'Blues

http://public.fotki.com/IndyBlues612/wo ... stich.html
RedburnIV
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by RedburnIV »

I've never had any problem with tongue slippage or squeaking, until I got the Aldens dyed, then the tongue kept squeakin and creeking like crazy! I rubbed or "dabbed" some alcohol on them to get rid of whatever the cobbler put on them to shine and it worked very well. Seriously, are the Aldens not the greatest shoes in the world?

Regards, Dan
Neolithic
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Neolithic »

NeosMatrix003 wrote:Seriously, are the Aldens not the greatest shoes in the world?
Dan, I totally agree with you. I remember ages ago you put up a post about how they change the way you walk. I couldn't agree with you more. It's like you ride them, not walk in them... 8)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

IndyBlues wrote:Yes, they only( or should only) sew one side of the tongue down.
Here is a pic of the inside, because as Bink stated, if the cobbler is worth his salt, you won't be able to see the modification from the outside, yet it works great for the dreaded slipped tongue.
'Blues

http://public.fotki.com/IndyBlues612/wo ... stich.html
Thanks, Blues, that shows exactly what I was trying to explain. Yeah, Croft, they only tack in the one side of the tongue, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get your feet in! :wink: Mine were sewn along the top seam instead of down the side like IndyBlues' but it was done to the same effect. Especially after a good pollish or two, you can't really tell anything was done on my Aldens at all. :wink:

bink