All three

Need help finding an Indy Gun, want to discuss film used guns...

Moderator: Cajunkraut

Kevjh
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

All three

Post by Kevjh »

I got them all. It took a year but It was fun finding them all three guns from the S&W colt and webley. Take a look :D http://public.fotki.com/kevjh/indy_j/
Andiana
Dig Leader
Dig Leader
Location: Southern California - The home of my 'home away from home'...Disneyland...

Post by Andiana »

Holy smokes man, you've gotten an awesome collection there. CONGRATS! :D

Now...I just need a replica Chilled Monkey Brains head cup thing for every meal..and then I'm done... :?
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

I really really like the way you organized the case. Simple yet very cool.

Tell us some stories about how you got the guns...

Thanks,
Pryo.
Kevjh
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Kevjh »

Pyroxene wrote:I really really like the way you organized the case. Simple yet very cool.

Tell us some stories about how you got the guns...

Thanks,
Pryo.
The webley was easy and so was the colt. The gun I hade a hard time getting right is the S&W. I found the right grips but had to find the brass logo inlay So I had to find set #2. the gun had to have the front sight redone to match the movie. then reblued when the gunsmith was rebluing it he took the front sight back off and then made a half moon sight (the right sight for the gun ) so when I got it back I looked at it and :evil: ####. I had to send it back and have the ramp sight put back on again. what a pain. But I am happy with how it looks now after a year of headache. :D
agent5
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by agent5 »

Impressive to say the least. 3 down and 1 to go. The Browning.

Would you be willing to say how much you spent on each of the guns?

I was gunna post this on your other thread, but I think you really need a larger cabinet to house your already large and impressive collection. I'd be willing to bet that even though you seem to have everything covered from all the films, there's still alot left that could be and most likely will be done over time. Need... more... room. ;)
McFly
Scoundrel

Post by McFly »

Those guns are awesome... and they're real, you say?

In Christ,
Shane

*muttering and slapping a fist into an open hand* Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods!
Pyroxene
Admin Emeritus

Post by Pyroxene »

agent5 wrote:3 down and 1 to go. The Browning.
Duh! How could I forget about that! Image
Bogie1943
Professor of Archaeology
Professor of Archaeology

Post by Bogie1943 »

My dear lord I am envious of your wonderful prop collection. One of these days when I get the funds, the extra funds left over from my Indy Gear/whatever other hobby I have funds, I will build my prop collection up. For now I shall keep dreaming and hoping for that glorious day.
Strider
Legendary Adventurer
Legendary Adventurer

Post by Strider »

:shock: My goodness, what a collection! Just..wow! What I'd like to know is how did you get the Nurhachi urn and the Zhan Kara Stones? I've seen Staff of Rha headpieces, Golden Fertility Idols and Holy Grails on eBay, but never that urn or the stones. Awesome guns, by the way! :D

Pyro: Where'd you get that emoticon? That's a hoot! :lol:

Regards,
Strider
BillyTheKid
Dig Worker
Dig Worker

Wow, what a Fantastic Collection !! ... >>

Post by BillyTheKid »

That is one terrific collection, and the display is simply awesome. Congratulations on the three Pistols :D If i may ask, where did you find the Angel (sitting atop your display) from the Ark ? I would have never thought this figure would really be such a great piece w/ out the entire piece - many TIA for any leads.

Happy Holidays and Kind Regards from N.M.

Billy
Kevjh
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Re: Wow, what a Fantastic Collection !! ... >>

Post by Kevjh »

BillyTheKid wrote:That is one terrific collection, and the display is simply awesome. Congratulations on the three Pistols :D If i may ask, where did you find the Angel (sitting atop your display) from the Ark ? I would have never thought this figure would really be such a great piece w/ out the entire piece - many TIA for any leads.

Happy Holidays and Kind Regards from N.M.

Billy

Keith did props for Buffy He is very good at what he dose HOLLYWOOD SPECIAL EFFECTS ARTIST . He made me the four stones and skull chalace and even the Ark Cherubs.. His e-mail is meandkc@hotmail.com Hope this helps Kevjh
Indiana Grendel
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by Indiana Grendel »

Nice collection! Being more of an antique gun collector than an Indy prop collector, I must say I'm envious of those finds.

Cheers,

IG