Greetings and a Wested question...

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

IndianaKrueger
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Greetings and a Wested question...

Post by IndianaKrueger »

Hello everyone. I am a lifelong indy fan, former owner of all the top gear of the time ( including my long-lost Wested-destroyed by an ex girlfriend situation years ago) and am currently planning the next year or so to rebuild my entire collection, fedora to idol to boots, etc.

I will have some quesitions regarding all the items eventually, but wanted first to introduce myself and also to start off with a basic Jacket question. There are so many opinions on which Wested is accurate. I used to own the dark brown lambskin available about 14 years ago and was always very happy with it. now it seems over the years they have changed to suit the neeeds of lots of collectors tastes. What I would like to know, is what do you consider the definitive model? In terms of screen accuracy, not durability or any of that, or how well the vents stay closed, or etc. Just real, true screen accuracy. I have seen the other versions out there from Flight Jackets, etc, and I just hate them. Wested is the only place I am interested in.

So I would really value your opinions and hope to get to know you all.

IK
Last edited by IndianaKrueger on Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ob1al
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by ob1al »

IMO - Authentic Brown lambskin Raiders. All cotton lining. No extras.

Good to meet you IK, welcome to COW! :)

Regards,

Al
IndianaKrueger
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by IndianaKrueger »

Yep, That was my initial thought as well. Thanks for the clear, concise answer, and nice to meet you too.

IK
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Welcome aboard, IndianaKrueger! I have the Wested authentic goatskin Raiders which I'm very pleased with, but for "authenticity" the lamb is probably the way to go.

bink
JerseyJones
Vendor

Post by JerseyJones »

Hi IK, welcome (back?) :)

As for accuracy, I'd vote to lose the cotton sleeves on the Raiders and that's close enough for me.

Have fun !

Ken JJ