Wow! What an eye opener

In-depth discussion of the Fedora of Indiana Jones and all other hats appearing in the Indiana Jones movies

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Dalexs

Kilgour Trout
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wow! What an eye opener

Post by Kilgour Trout »

Hey Folks: As you may be aware, Mr. Gator and I got together for a really great time in Ottawa, gearhunting, whip testing and checking out the incredible collection Rob has put together. Well...in this collection is a terrific Fed Delux, blocked and bashed by our own Fedora. What an educational Eye opener :shock: :D . I had never had the opportunity of looking at an Accurate Indy block and bash until then. Comparing it to my Fed D was a super experience.
I was shocked at how high into the crown the pinch actually went. At least two inches further than what Farn54 and I had thought when we bashed mine some time ago. It unravelled some really important mysteries. With the pinch set back higher on the crown 1. It makes the trade mark camel humps much more natural. 2. It heightens the front and drops the back and it keeps you from getting that diamond shape crown that is occurring on mine (due to the lower front pinch)
All I can say is that, looking at one of Steve's hats was an incredible education. I'm not at all disgusted with my own hat but it shows there's just so much more to learn. It also make me look forward to getting one of "Our Steve's".

Just wanted to share this...as it could be helpful to anybody looking to bash a Fed or Fed D.

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

P.s. Does anyone have a way of measuring where to start the pinch?
Last edited by Kilgour Trout on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gater
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Gater »

Hey Kilgour,

Glad you got back ok. Hope seeing the Fed D. in person has helped you reshape your Fed to how you like it. Have you checked out the pics of your visit yet?

http://www.indygear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10192