Vintage Military pants-35-36's STILL AVAILABLE 11/9

Bags, Boots, Shirts and all other gear should be discussed here.

Moderators: Mike, Cajunkraut, Tennessee Smith

binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

So I guess you're purging your meals to fit into a smaller size, eh, Jess? Now THAT'S dedication!!! :-&

bink
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

AC if you do find a pair that fiits a 40 waist I am very interested. In fact I have money in paypal for the pants.

Cheers,
Jeff
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Sounds like you got a whole bunch of 34's. If you end up w/ 34's nobody wants, post here, I'll take a look again. (Specifically, I'm 34 waist x 32 length, but longer could be hemmed.)

Was going to swing by my own surplus store rather than have you ship unnecessarily, but let us know if you got stuck w/ extras.

Thanks! - J
bowjunkie35
Field Surveyor
Field Surveyor

Post by bowjunkie35 »

Sorry, can't use 34's. Give them to the next guy on the list. Thanks for the effort though!
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Post by antiquity collector »

That's OK, although if they were slightly big a tailor could take them in pretty easily. I'll take you off the list. Let me know if you change your mind.

AC
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Gee, Mikey, you and Jess need to get together! He needs to loose the weight to fit into a pair, so maybe he can give his excess to you? :-k :-&

bink
Ghos7a55assin
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Ghos7a55assin »

If you find a 28 or 29, I mite buy it if it weren't for the darn shipping to the other side of the world...
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

binkmeisterRick wrote:Gee, Mikey, you and Jess need to get together! He needs to loose the weight to fit into a pair, so maybe he can give his excess to you? :-k :-&

bink
That's a disturbing thought, though it's not like you haven't shared disturbing thoughts before. :shock: :wink:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Who? Meeeeee? O:)

bink
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Ewwww! I, too, am disturbed.

By THIS...I meant by THIS...oh, rats...
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

We know how disturbed you are Jerry.

Like the time the president of the company asked me the status of our software, my reply was "Andy, the software is as stable as I am." He wasn't quite sure how to interpret that, though I know many here at COW would know.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Indiana Jess wrote:"Andy, the software is as stable as I am."
Hehehe...I used to provide mission files for flight testing...every time the program manager would ask me, "Is this the LAST one?" My reply was invariably, "This is the LAST one SO FAR." :wink:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Indiana Jess wrote:We know how disturbed you are Jerry.

Like the time the president of the company asked me the status of our software, my reply was "Andy, the software is as stable as I am." He wasn't quite sure how to interpret that, though I know many here at COW would know.
So is that why the company went out of business? :wink:

bink
Flix4Me
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Flix4Me »

If there's a 32 or 34 x 36 leftover, I'd like them. :)

KC
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

Paypal sent,

Cheers,
Jeff
Gobler
Vendor

Very Nice

Post by Gobler »

Well I just looked out side to see the postman with a box....Hmmmm the only thing I was waiting for were pants, sure enough it was. :D First off I must give a very big thanks to AC for doing this. With no money yet given he picked up the pants for us on trust. I am now wearing them and AC, they fit perfectly. Great color, the pockets are fantastic and the great button fly. Unhemmed so I can hem them for me (I have short legs). If ever you can find another pair please let me know, I want a few more. Let's give AC a big thanks and five cracks (whip of your choice) for his cool find and help.

Double Cheers,
Jeff
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Gobler,

Glad you like them. I was really impressed and startled when I found them. I'll keep on the lookout for more for you after I've finished finding more for the rest on the list.

AC
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

Sounds good. Thanks once more.

Cheers,
Jeff
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I'm still waiting for mine! AC, did you get my payment yet?

bink
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Yep,

It arrived yesterday. Yours are going out today along with WCONLY's. Let me know when they get there.

AC
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Will do. Thanks!

bink
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I got my pants today! Now I can stop scaring my fellow employees. :wink: I like these trousers! They're exactly what I keep an eye out for when browsing the surplus shops. AC, you came across a great find, my friend, and I am thankful for it! I can hardly wait to get home after work and try them on.

You sent a size 36, right? Didn't somebody say that they were sized slightly big? They look like they may be a little big, but I can easily have them taken in, no problem. At any rate, they feel like trousers which will handle many adventures! My hat is off to you, AC! :wink:

bink
dkwd
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by dkwd »

Me too - missed out in my holidays and the desk shuffle at work.

Any 38s left?

David
WConly
Museum Curator
Museum Curator

Post by WConly »

Mine arrived today! These are great! Thank you so very much for all your efforts. W>
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I tried my "new" trousers on when I got home and the size is about right. They do feel just a bit large, but you did send me the right size, AC! The trousers are very baggy, but it could be because of my height. My wife thinks these are nice pants, too. They should last a long time.

Anyway, I took these to an alteration shop yesterday to get hemmed. I printed some pictures and took them with me for reference. I told her I wanted all the excess length hemmed into the pants to help the drape. She's also taking them in about half an inch around the waist for a better fit and taking the legs in to make them less baggy. I get them back Wednesday and will try to get pics up soon after that.

The lady that runs the shop told me her son loves Indy, so I gave her the pics to take home to her son. It made her day and I'm sure her son's, too! :wink:

bink
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I got my trousers back from the alteration shop yesterday all hemmed and taken in. These pants are great! They're com-for-table and feel like they'll take plenty of abuse. They've got just the right amount of bagginess for me now, like some of the vintage trousers I have in my collection.

Here's a collage of pics. They're not the best (I had to use a mirror and hope I had the camera pointed right in at least one of the shots) but you get the idea:
http://public.fotki.com/binkmeisterRick ... users.html

They go nicely with my vintage "Indy" shirt, too, thought the lighting isn't the best. Thanks again, AC!

bink

EDIT: They need a bit of ironing, too!!!! :wink:
Last edited by binkmeisterRick on Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

bink,
Those pants look great. They fit perfect and have a perfect vintage look. Very cool.
Gobler
Vendor

Post by Gobler »

I agree these pants are a real find. Also the fact AC went out on a limb for us shows the cut of this community. Has every one received their pants yet? Don't miss out people!!! I know he has a few pair left, I guess some folks backed out last minut. I bought one pair and am going to get two more from our buddy AC.

Cheers,
Jeff
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

If I had the extra cash, I'd be happy with another pair of these trousers. They are made to last and the back pocket flap styling screams vintage! They are also quite comfortable. I am grateful to AC for going out on a limb and getting these for us.

I'm a little sad to hear of foks backing out on the deal (though I don't know the reasons) since that leaves AC with pants he likely can't use as well as a thinner wallet. When fellow gearheads step up to the plate and offer to get things for the rest of us, I think it is only fair to follow through with those commitments, especially if it means the gear has to be purchased before it can be "repurchaced" by the rest of us. After all, we don't want to wear out any "welcomes." Otherwise, we might end up having to chance across these things on our own, if we're even lucky enough to find them! :wink:

bink
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

Post by Snakewhip_Sable »

If you're absolutely stuck with some 34's, AC, we'll talk - 'cause I can't stand to see a guy in a fix. :) But I can't commit at this point.

Mostly because $30 US = $130 Canadian.
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

GOT EM! Thanks, that was fast!

These pants are beautiful! These are vintage? They look like new! And unhemmed to boot! (Oh, sorry for the hem pun there...)

Any idea WHAT vintage they are? (By the smell, I'd say a '39 Sears and Roebuck... :roll: )

Sure, the color ain't dead-on Indy, but heck, these are beautiful enough as is! There IS a little sheen to them...wonder if that will dull a bit. And the color could be dyed, right? Anybody got the recipe for Indiana Jones Taupe?

Great fit, too! They are a dead-on 34, just like the stamp says. Now, if I just hadn't been hitting the Ben & Jerry's lately... :wink:
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Actually, I was told they were French military. I had a pair that was used but disintegrated when I washed them ( turns out that it had old stains which had to have been bleach). Bleach will dissolve fabric over time so these are kind of old. Just happens I found the unissued lots.

As for the size you cannot go by the # on the inside of the pants. They do not correspond to the actual size (except the 34's are pretty close for some reason. But the 38's say 27 on the indside, so it must be an issue # and not size related.

Still have more 34-36's.

AC
skywlkr
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by skywlkr »

Snakewhip_Sable wrote:If you're absolutely stuck with some 34's, AC, we'll talk - 'cause I can't stand to see a guy in a fix. :) But I can't commit at this point.

Mostly because $30 US = $130 Canadian.
Go to http://www.xe.com For money conversions.
Your conversion from US$ to Canadian is a bit off.
$30.00US = $35.85Can

Luke
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Hehehe...I thought his $$$ was way off...or did you mean in effective Cost Of Living dollars, Snakewhip? :wink:

(i.e. 1 yen is less than an American penny, but I don't know if that means you can't even get a gumball for it. And if I turned my American dollar into 100 yen, I'd think that'd buy dinner (wahoo!) in Japan, but that probably isn't true either. ;))
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

antiquity collector wrote:Actually, I was told they were French military. I had a pair that was used but disintegrated when I washed them ( turns out that it had old stains which had to have been bleach). Bleach will dissolve fabric over time so these are kind of old. Just happens I found the unissued lots.
So that means we could machine wash these pants and be alright, correct? Assuming, of course, there are no bleech stains on them. :wink: As for the bit o' sheen, it doesn't bother me, really. I figure it'll settle down after wearing them a lot. :wink:

bink
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Hi all,

Just wanted to clarify something I've been getting asked in regards to Bink's pics of the pants above. The poof in his pants is due to:

1) the stance he is in

&

2) Bink having the waist taken in

No offense Bink, but why didn't the tailor take in the rear as well as the waist? They still look a little too roomy for you back there. Which you should take as a reverse compliment as you don't look big. This is getting weird. D$#m all these fashion shows on TV.

Everyone, look at the original pics at the top of page 1.

I really didn't want to have to take a pic of my a##. But if it helps show how they look unaltered I can.

AC
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

skywlkrinc wrote:Go to http://www.xe.com For money conversions. Your conversion from US$ to Canadian is a bit off.
$30.00US = $35.85Can
That was, I say, that was a joke, son. Y'built too low, boy. Why, I say, why the fast ones keep goin' ovah ya head!

;) just kiddin', y'all.

We're playin' with Monopoly money up here in the Great White North is all I'm sayin'.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Keep in mind, too that when I took those pics, the pants had NOT been ironed and there was a hearty crease up the back of the length which extended all the way up the pants to the belt loops! Also, since I had to turn at an odd angle to try to take the pics myself, that also adds to the exagerration of the drape. That accounts for much of the "butt" probelm seen in the pictures I took. :shock: Needless to day I've since ironed out both the front and rear leg creases. In fact, I'm wearing these pants right now and I think they look fine. Trust me, if they looked goofy, my wife would be the first to tell me so!

Also, keep in mind that I had some additional tailoring done to my pair, so my pictures are not representative of what yours will look like when you get them!!! Sure, I could always have the alteration tweaked, and may at some point, but I'm happy with these trousers. If anyone has backed out of the deal with AC because of my pics, then, as he said, LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL PICS! AC put his wallet on the line for our sake and we should at least follow through with our commitments on this one. If I had the spare cash, I'd gladly get a second pair!

bink
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

Thanks for the clarification Bink. I forgot all about the hard crease in these pants. Plus turning to get the shot, that'll do weird things to drape in pics.

For evryone that has picked up a pair:

What do you all think lookwise and colorwise? It would be nice to hear others opinions and comparisons on color. As in which film do they most resemble?

I think LC for color. But I've also had a couple pair that look more greyish than tan.

AC
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I'd probably go with the LC statement. I'd say mine are a medium-ish khaki. I'd be interested to know if you could dye them a little "pinkish" for a more Raiders look, but I like the color as is.

bink who wonders now if his butt looks big :wink:
Hemingway Jones
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Hemingway Jones »

bink who wonders now if his butt looks big
And wants to dye his pants Pink!
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I should dye them black then, since it's a slimming color, you know. :P
Texas Jones
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Texas Jones »

Now it wasn't anyone's intention to make you feel self-conscious, even though I think I could set a beer on that. 8)
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Hey, is that a fat joke? :P

Donut, anyone?

bink
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

You got it! :wink:
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I used Jerry's pants for the filter for that extra "earthy" flavor. Hope you like it. :wink:

bink
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

I take it you don't want cream in your coffee, then? 8-[
antiquity collector
Laboratory Technician
Laboratory Technician

And I thought members asking me to look at and explain pics of Bink's a## was weird :shock: . You guys just have to push it that much further and over the top.

AC
Snakewhip_Sable
Scoundrel

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

man, oh, man.

Back on topic... I can't believe that I'm getting pants* that were cut and stitched before my parents were born. That's a mind bender. Then again, I have enough MENSA rejection letters to show that bending my mind is no big feat.

*yeah, I buckled down and bought a pair from our illustrious friend here.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

antiquity collector wrote: The poof in his pants is due to:

1) the stance he is in

&

2) Bink having the waist taken in
The poof is in the pudding ... Bink ... just step away from the jell-o. Somebody wanna call Bill Cosby, we're gonna need some intervention. j/k :wink: Nice looking trousers - just don't drop them.