Wested changes over the years

Discuss all of the intricacies of the jacket in full detail

Moderators: Indiana Jeff, Mike, Indydawg

Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Wested changes over the years

Post by Mr. Das »

This post is meant for old timers as well as new timers looking to order a new jacket

I just got off the phone with Wested and they said that people shouldn't really pay attention to the size charts on their websites when ordering a jacket. The sleeve length for the most part is correct, but everything else is a bit off. The reason for this is because people kept up-sizing, so they gave their sizes a bit of extra room. The back length is also a bit off. They now make it a bit(about an inch longer) than what is on their website. So if you want a Raiders waistcut look, be sure to specify what you want the length at.

The specs are from 98 or 99, and they have been meaning to change it or take it off.

Just thought some people ordering jackets may be interested to save on the return postage.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

I'm glad they're finally going to remove or change those things. Those specs have caused more confusion than you can shake a stick at. :? Regards. Michaelson
Mr. Das
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Mr. Das »

that's true(and even the cause of my recent jacket exchange). But it also means that Wested is taking the time to listen to their customers and adjust their jackets accordingly.
Michaelson
Knower of Things
Location: Out here knowing stuff and things and wishing I were with the family at Universal Studios Orlando

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed. The removal would solve lot of jacket returns to them, though, and this has been brought up to them over and over, to the point it's not been mentioned anymore, as it never did any good. Glad they at least admit it's causing them problems, and that it needs to be addressed. Regards. Michaelson
Vince_K
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Vince_K »

doh! I was hoping for a short *fitted* jacket a la raiders. Anyone have real numbers for a auth lamb raiders? Might i need to provide wested new numbers or just drop them a line about this?
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Just drop them a line. It's always safer to contact them directly. A phone call is even better. Regards. Michaelson
Vince_K
Archaeology Student
Archaeology Student

Post by Vince_K »

an email regarding the measurement numbers on their website as compared to the measurements of the current production jackets has been dispatched. :)
Ken
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Ken »

I think Peter has plans to totally revamp the Wested website in general and get a lot more of the products they actually offer online. I am sure when this happens things such as these size charts would be ammended.

Ken
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Indiana Ken wrote:I think Peter has plans to totally revamp the Wested website in general and get a lot more of the products they actually offer online. I am sure when this happens things such as these size charts would be ammended.

Ken
hmm... Seems like I've been hearing that for years; after all, how hard can it be. :-k I'll believe it when I see it.:roll:

Sorry to sound negative, it's just one of my 'pet peeves' with vendors, including G&B, and web sites in general. :(
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Agreed. I'm sure glad OUR main site is up to date. (what was that Mike? It's STILL being worked on! :shock: ) :oops: Uh, never mind....move along. :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Rixter
Dig Leader
Dig Leader

Post by Rixter »

Of course I didn’t mean OUR site. ;) We all know how busy those at IndyGear are!

I didn’t know Mike had any kids helping him work on the site. :-k :wink:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

That's just bink in disguise. :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Michaelson wrote:That's just bink in disguise. :wink: Regards. Michaelson
Probably getting ready for another "Group Hug". :shock: Cover your wallet Indy! :wink:
Indiana Texas-girl
Expeditionary Hero
Expeditionary Hero

Post by Indiana Texas-girl »

So let me make sure I understand...the current size they send out is bigger than what's on the current chart? I hope they let us know when they change it.
indy1936
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by indy1936 »

so how old are the specs on that page? i ordered a jacket in spring 2003.
would the 2003 jacket have gone by the specs on the wested page or would a 2003 jacket have had the newer bigger size?

i went by those sizes for my newest order this fall.
hopefully it isnt too big when it arrives! i ordered a 46 long this time as opposed to a 44 reg. the 2003 44 reg was just too short and tight in the chest
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Post by binkmeisterRick »

Michaelson wrote:That's just bink in disguise. :wink: Regards. Michaelson
And MAN was that a tight fit! Too bad you didn't get the pic of Jess in his Willie Scott outfit. On second thought... :?

bink
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

=; Let's not go there!!!Regards. Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Jess in drag... very dangerous. You go first! :shock:
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

OH no...YOU go first!!! :shock: Regards. Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Where's Indiana Jerry when you need him? Hey, Jerry!!! :twisted:

bink
Michaelson
Knower of Things

Post by Michaelson »

Probably still trying to figure out his camera timer. :? :wink: Regards. Michaelson
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

You mean he wants a pic of him and Jess like that TOGETHER? :shock: He's farther gone than we though, Michaelson. :-s
Jack Flanders
Archaeologist
Archaeologist

Post by Jack Flanders »

When I ordered my goat I talked to Peter. I was apprehensive about ordering a 44R (because my measurement is 43"). I think he said it best when he told me, "it's not a wet-suit". Meaning, a 44R is not EXACTLY 44R and that there is room to move.
Indiana Jess
Scoundrel

Post by Indiana Jess »

Sorry I'm late coming back to this thread. A minor medical emergency - I burned my fingers and cracked a nail ...
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Man, that camera timer is slow in the longest setting....what did I miss? Oh, great-googly-moogly, is it MONDAY???? :shock:

(Note to self: Ask wife why she didn't notice I was missing for two days. Also check news for any mention of UFO activity to explain missing two days.)

Anyway, now that I'm back, can anybody undo this zipper? I can't reach it...I think it's jammed on a sequin...and Jess is no help whatsoever, screaming the camera was hot, dropped it out the window...that's about when I saw the pretty colored lights in the sky...

Great-googly-moogly, is it MONDAY???? :shock:

(Note to self...see if hypnosis will restore short-term memory and stop looping everytime I think about the pretty lights in the sky...

Great-googly-moogly, is it MONDAY???? :shock:

(By the way, I was sent back with a message from the COW Admin: "COW Needs Women")

P.S. OT: The x-box stitching is still not standard.
binkmeisterRick
Stealer of Wallets

Indiana Jerry wrote:(By the way, I was sent back with a message from the COW Admin: "COW Needs Women")
ITG, Canyon, all you other ladies.... RUN!!!!!

Yeah, they certainly do need more women, especially if folks like you are resorting to drag. Great Googly Moogly! Is it Monday?! :P

bink
Indiana Jerry
Scoundrel
Location: DBSSWWD ~ "This is how we say goodbye to MIMES in Germany!"

Post by Indiana Jerry »

Hey now, before you go casting aspersions...screen-accurate drag. :wink: